Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sam (Walled In): Psychological Thriller! Oh My!

Mischa is playing the character of Sam. Production begins October 22.

THE SYNOPSIS

Sam is young, smart and beautiful, but she's no ordinary woman, she's a demolition expert, usually considered as a man's job. This job should have been very easy: conduct a structural analysis on a building located in the remote scottish swamps, a necessary step before demolition.

The building was supposed to be empty upon her arriving. But strangely there are still a few lingering tenants, amongst them the caretaker and her 15 year old boy.

The eight-story building has a grim past and Sam, forced to live in the cursed complex while conducting her study to demolish the building, has trouble sleeping. deep in the night, metal banging noises sifting through the walls, the same walls where fifteen years earlier, the building's architect had sadistically murdered some of the tenants by burying them alive within the walls of the building ... including the caretaker‘s husband.

The police had never been able to arrest the killer. Now, deep within the maze-like corridors of the building, guided by the 15 year boy, Sam feels the lingering shadow of these past murders. Sam’s paranoia builds up and comes to a conclusion when she comes face to face with her terrors and we find out who or what continues to haunt this mysterious place.

THE ANNOUNCEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maalibu (View Post)
Barton nails 'Walled' film

Mischa Barton, Deborah Kara Unger and Cameron Bright will star in "Walled In," a psychological thriller to be the first production financed and produced by Leomax Entertainment.
Shooting on the French-Canadian co-production begins Oct. 22 in Saskatchewan.

Pic marks the English-language debut of French director Gilles Paquet-Brenner, who previously directed "Gomez and Tavares" and "Les jolies choses." Paquet-Brenner scripted.

Based on Serge Broselot's bestselling French novel "Les Emmeures," pic casts Barton as a demolition company rep who supervises the razing of a mysterious building and discovers horrifying secrets and past inhabitants entombed within its walls by a vicious murderer.

Leomax is headed by German producer-investment banker Ingo Vollkammer and American producer Scott Einbinder. They are backed by the Swiss hedge fund Leomax AG and a multipicture co-financing deal with Starz Media Group. Leomax will make four to six modestly budgeted films in the thriller and action genres, pics that will give offshore talent like Paquet-Brenner the chance to make Hollywood films.

Vollkammer, who is producing with Clement Miserez, Jean-Charles Levy and Kevin DeWalt, said "Walled In" will get theatrical distribution before finding its way to Starz. Canadian rights were acquired by co-producer Remstar Prods., while La Petite Reine bought French theatrical, DVD and TV rights and Canal Plus acquired French feevee rights for a film that will cost around $8 million.

Barton is currently co-starring in "Assassination of a High School President" opposite Bruce Willis and most recently wrapped the Roland Joffe-directed "Finding t.A.T.u." Unger was last seen in "Silent Hill," Bright in "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Thank You for Smoking."

Source: Variety.com - Barton nails 'Walled' film
THE UPDATES

- Production begins October 22 in Saskatchewan.
- Production budget estimated at $8 million
- Additional casting announced: Deborah Kara Unger and Cameron Bright
- Directed by Gilles Paquet-Brenner
- Expected to shoot for 7 weeks
- French/Canadian co-production

Last edited by Sam_MC; 09-16-2007 at 11:38 PM
CreekFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Awesomeeee!

Thanks, Jess!
they must be regarded as recruits.
Erica_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

OMFG A PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loveeeee psychological thrillers. I LOVE THRILLERS.

Finally a thriller/horror movie. I've been DYING for Mischa to do something like this.

Rahhhhhh. WOOO.

I remember this project being talked about 6 or 7 months ago. How exciting that its going ahead
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knooooow! YAY!

SCREAM!

HIDE!

BUT DON'T!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG! Finally a thriller!

I looooove thrillers! I hope this film goes through! Mischa would be excellent in a thriller! *crosses fingers*
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

OMG, Yay!

She never stops, does she?!

A thriller, I'm already SO excited
Junk_Yard_Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It's nice to see her officially attached to a movie we've been hearing about for ages! A thriller; exciting!
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

WOO HOO! I'M SO EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIITED!

d
Old 09-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Movie now has an IMDB page:
IMDb Pro : Walled In Business Details

Casting isn't listed yet, I guess that'll appear soon. Additionally, looks like Walled In already has distribution in France via La Petite Reine. And apparently Remstar Entertainment is handling Canadian distribution.

ETA:

Found some new information, likely still tentative.

Mischa is playing a character called "Sam". That's gonna be weird for me lol.

Film was originally scheduled to begin production in September 2007 but now with the new announcement, it's October. They are expecting filming to last 7 weeks.

A full description:

Quote:
Sam is young, smart and beautiful, but she's no ordinary woman, she's a demolition expert, usually considered as a man's job. This job should have been very easy: conduct a structural analysis on a building located in the remote scottish swamps, a necessary step before demolition.

The building was supposed to be empty upon her arriving. But strangely there are still a few lingering tenants, amongst them the caretaker and her 15 year old boy.

The eight-story building has a grim past and Sam, forced to live in the cursed complex while conducting her study to demolish the building, has trouble sleeping. deep in the night, metal banging noises sifting through the walls, the same walls where fifteen years earlier, the building's architect had sadistically murdered some of the tenants by burying them alive within the walls of the building ... including the caretaker‘s husband.

The police had never been able to arrest the killer. Now, deep within the maze-like corridors of the building, guided by the 15 year boy, Sam feels the lingering shadow of these past murders. Sam’s paranoia builds up and comes to a conclusion when she comes face to face with her terrors and we find out who or what continues to haunt this mysterious place.

Last edited by Sam_MC; 09-15-2007 at 12:33 AM
Sam_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Oh, awesome!

The plot sounds really good, it sounds promising.

And her characters name will be Sam! LOL! That's going to be fun for you! That'll be cool, the first person on this board to share names with one of Mischa's characters.
Junk_Yard_Slut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL I'd love for Mischa to either have my name or have another Character with my name so that I could hear her same my name
Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I love thrillers, and this one looks really cool! Eeee!
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Intense!
your_konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

This sounds awesome! I love it.
they must be regarded as recruits.
Erica_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Loyal Fan

can't wait to see mischa acts on a thriller...
yyam084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread