Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Pampinea(Virgin Territory) #6:Maybe by Thread 20, we'll have a release date*SPOILERS*

*banners made by Sam*

*banner made by Liz*

Plotline:

Quote:
“A kissed mouth never loses its freshness. Like the moon, it always rises new again”. - Giovanni Boccaccio

GUILTY PLEASURES, a refreshing celebration of life in all its beauty, puts a modern spin on Giovanni Boccaccio’s classic work of Italian literature.

In the 14th century, Florence was a city of pure delight, sumptuously prosperous: a city of art and culture where people of all ages celebrated life to the full. But in 1346 life changed. The city was ravaged by a merciless plague known as ‘The Black Death’.

Lorenzo de Lamberti (Hayden Christensen) an innocent and adventurous young blood, finds himself on the wrong side of Gerbino de la Ratta (Tim Roth). De La Ratta’s wealth has been gleaned from his ability to live on both sides of the law; murder is part of his armoury and Lorenzo is his prime target. Lorenzo escapes from Florence and finds refuge working as a gardener in a convent.

Pampinea Anastagi (Mischa Barton) is the only daughter of a respected and wealthy family who suddenly finds herself alone. Gerbino de la Ratta, who has designs on both her body and wealth, subtly threatens to confiscate her home to pay off her father’s debts – then offers to marry her as an escape route from her imminent financial ruin. Pampinea counters that she has been betrothed to be married to a Russian count who is on his way to Florence from Novgorod.

Pampinea meets with a small group of friends and persuades them to escape Florence and travel to her family’s villa in the countryside to act as witness to her marriage to the Russian Count. The marriage will release her both from Gerbino’s unwanted attention and the threat of financial ruin.

As Pampinea’s friends escape Florence and embark on a series of adventures of their own, Pampinea retreats to a convent where from behind her nun’s veil – and after a secret kiss – she falls in love with Lorenzo. Lorenzo also falls in love, but does not know who has delivered the fatal heart-melting kiss.

The twists and turns of their love story and the adventures of their friends, finally lead to Pampinea’s villa, where all the dramatic and comic conflicts and confusions of the numerous relationships finally come together and are resolved in a celebration of love and life in all their glory.

Writer/director David Leland´s modern interpretation of Giovanni Boccaccio´s classic work is a stimulating and erotic story of innocence, love, sex and lasting friendship. As these friends make their way through the Tuscan landscape they discover life through the tragedy and danger they left behind. It is a timeless tale full of irreverence and humour - rich with passion and sexuality – and has a unique vision and dramatic style of its own.

Some things Mischa has said about the movie...in Nylon:

Quote:
"The Catholic Church was very controlling at the time, so a lot of it is about that," Barton says. "My character, Pampinea, is the good girl who falls in love with the boy she's not supposed to marry. She's a very strong character, so she ends up going for what she wants."
In Teen Vogue:

Quote:
And this winter will see the release of Angels and Virgins, a romantic period piece set in Italy during the Black Death; Mischa stars as an orphaned aristocrat who falls in love with "the boy who has nothing", played by Hayden Christensen. "It's an update of The Decameron," Mischa explains, "a book of stories that were told in the fourteenth century, during the plague. It was a very strict time, but everyone thought that the world was ending so there was room for outrageousness."
On ET:

Quote:
"The movie is a modernized period piece," she told ET last year, when she returned from location shoots. "It is an action drama set in Italy. It is based on the book by GIOVANNI BOCCACCIO. I play the love interest of Hayden's character. She is an aristocratic girl who is the one that instigates the idea for the characters to leave Florence and go to the countryside [while the black plague is killing the residents of the city]."
Official Stills (HQ; click to enlarge):

MQ ones:

Several pictures of Mischa as she was filming the movie can be found here

NEW!!!!

PLEASE right click and save as for our first trailer of the movie here

A slightly altered version of the trailer can be viewed here

While there's a rumor that the release date will be November 30th, we have no confirmation of that so the release date is still, unfortunately, TBA.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I made a title!

I remember when the ticker used to be at the bottom of the opening post
Old 08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

This is a sad title, lol.
they must be regarded as recruits.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

New thread

Random thought: The EW story likely picked up the October release date as VT is scheduled to open in Russia October 4th.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Which helps exactly NO poster here, but I wonder if that'll stick, lol. Does the movie even have an official trailer?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sam! The Hills is on and Justin/Bobby is such a d0uche.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

This ain't the OT thread!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

LMAO Jess. Can't wait to to see this week's ep

And Liz. NOOOO not even an official trailer. But at least we have scenes which is more than any other prooject. BLAHHHHHHHHH.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Love the title, lol.

Until the movie does come out, atleast we have the opening post, which is awesome and the stills to look at. Imagine if we didn't even have those what would have happened!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would have died, that's what would have happened!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Absolute Fan

AWESOME opening post thanks Liz!

SO TRUE title! -__________-'
...as an ordinary day I PRAYED FOR YOU A THOUSAND TIMES...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

This would have been the one month to go announcement.

*mourns*
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Life is so unfair.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like I've been waiting for this movie for 10 years.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

It probably will be 10 years before we see this
Closed Thread   Post New Thread