Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

So you're saying you think being the wife of a man accused of sexual misconduct is worse than being the man actually accused of sexual misconduct. You think Hillary is MORE culpable of what her husband did than Trump is of actually assaulting women himself. To be be clear. You think it's worse to be a man with no political experience, who has run multiple businesses into the ground, who is a known pathological liar, and who himself has been accused of assaulting over a dozen women, than it is to be a woman with a LOT of political experience whose husband has been accused of assault and harassment.

Neither situation is perfect, to be clear. But I'm pretty taken aback that you literally think it's worse to be the wife than to be the actual sexual predator. Do you think Melania is more culpable than Trump for Trump's actions? Considering she's been caught in more than one lie? I don't think that.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh look, our old fried presumption has entered the room. Well, you know what they say about presumption...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
So you're saying you think being the wife of a man accused of sexual misconduct is worse than being the man actually accused of sexual misconduct.
I think what you mean to ask is:

So you're saying you think being the wife of a man accused of sexual misconduct, that helped to surpress the allegations is worse than being the man actually accused of sexual misconduct?

They're as bad as each other. Interesting how you conveniently overlooked my mention of the supression of the allegations. Kind of like how the "pussy grab" tape only came to light when it could be used as ammo. If he had never ran for presidency, that tape would not have come out. What he said was tasteless to say the least, i'll say it again, what he said was tasteless to say the least, but the timing of it being made public wasn't an accident.

Next...

Quote:
You think Hillary is MORE culpable of what her husband did than Trump is of actually assaulting women himself.
She is culpable by association. She tried to supess the allegatinos.

Next....

Quote:
To be be clear. You think it's worse to be a man with no political experience, who has run multiple businesses into the ground, who is a known pathological liar, and who himself has been accused of assaulting over a dozen women, than it is to be a woman with a LOT of political experience whose husband has been accused of assault and harassment.
Ah, now we have gender politics. If it is so clear, then please point out exactly where I said that. No snipping posts, no taking out of context, I am interested in seeing exactly where I said this. So are YOU saying that as long as someone have a LOT of political experience, they could have committed any crime, no matter how sick? It appears that way, as you have dodged around my mentioning of the allegations and have replied with "but Hillary has a lot of political experience".

Quote:
Neither situation is perfect, to be clear.
That we can agree on.

Quote:
But I'm pretty taken aback that you literally think it's worse to be the wife than to be the actual sexual predator.
Oh, now why did you have to do that? We actually just agreed on something. I don't think the wife of a sexual predator is worse than an actual predator. I think that the wife of a sexual predator that knew about her husband, and helped to cover it up, is as bad as the sexual predator.

Quote:
Do you think Melania is more culpable than Trump for Trump's actions? Considering she's been caught in more than one lie? I don't think that.
If Trump is a sexual predator, AND Melania knows, then yes. If Trump is a sexual predator, is destroying women's lives, and IF Melania knows, then why should Melania not be held accountable for he inactions. She could speak up, and save those womens lives from being destroyed by a monster. Not unlike Hollywood and Weinstein. They all came out giving oscar worthy performances acting shocked (such as Meryl Streep, when she isn't applauding Roman Polanksi, like a performing seal at a circus). Bull. They knew. They just didn't give a ****. It wasn't their mother, aunt, sister, daughter, so it wasn't their problem. They let someone else speak up, and either look a loon, or have their career terminally damaged.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I still think the person DOING the sexual crimes is, at the end of the day, the most responsible. I think they are more responsible than their wives. I think Harvey Weinstein is more culpable than Matt Damon, who is not good by any stretch of the imagination for calling journalists to kill stories about Weinstein.

If Trump had been literally just about anyone else, there'd probably be a better argument about Bill Clinton. But he is a man accused of assaulting and harassing numerous women. He's been accused of rape on three separate occasions- brutal rapes at that.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Michael B Jordan and Chadwick both played Reggie Montgomery. Now look at them. Also Lupita, Chad and Michael should just polyamory tbh

Last edited by mjgchick; 02-20-2018 at 09:12 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG. I just looked it up. I had no idea that Michael didn't originate the role! I remember when he and Joni hooked up while working at a Habitat for Humanity house. Then Amanda Seyfried was immediately axed afterwards and I don't think her exit was ever explained lol.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 02-20-2018 at 07:14 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And they had that 30 year old actress play his love interests when he was still a minor lmao
Old 02-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's pretty bad lol.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I still think the person DOING the sexual crimes is, at the end of the day, the most responsible. I think they are more responsible than their wives.
Ok, but what if we reverse the genders. Forget statistics. Let's just say that news breaks in 5 minutes, of a powerful woman that is a sexual predator. It turns out that her husband knew. Does he avoid the blame, just because he isn't the one doing the preying?

Quote:
I think Harvey Weinstein is more culpable than Matt Damon, who is not good by any stretch of the imagination for calling journalists to kill stories about Weinstein.
If Damon knew what Weinstein was like, then it isn't a matter of being "more culpable", he is culpable by association. Forget the semantics of "oh this person wasn't doing the rapeing".

Quote:
If Trump had been literally just about anyone else, there'd probably be a better argument about Bill Clinton. But he is a man accused of assaulting and harassing numerous women. He's been accused of rape on three separate occasions- brutal rapes at that.
Which one are you talking about there?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah...I’m not going to respond to anything claiming pointing out the actual rapist is “semantics”. I think we should end this chat here.

I don’t think I knew MBJ didn’t originate the Reggie role either!
Old 02-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Extreme Fan

No, you just aren't going to respond, because you can't. If I bring up something you can't twist, you ignore it, if you can twist it, then you accuse me of believing something that I have no way claimed to believe. Where exactly did you lean this.... whatever the hell it is, from?

You are shocked at something I didn't say, yet you are fine with someone married to a sexual predator. who knows of their actions and does nothing. Because I happen to believe that the person who knew, but wasn't the predator themselves, is in part responsible because they didn't speak up, somehow what I said is soooooo shocking, you can't even bring yourself to respond. Nice try, but no.

With your mindset, it's no wonder than men like Clinton/Trump/Wienstein are able get away with their depraved actions, if other people who know, say nothing.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m screaming at Trump saying arming teachers would solve “Your problem” I cannot. LMFAO
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I can respond, but you tend to get more offensive when I do. As a sex abuse survivor, I find a lot of your talk on sex abuse and rape hurtful. Not just offensive or bothering, but hurtful. I find the way you undercut the responsibility of the perpetrator in order to fixate on your hatred of the wife hurtful. I know my abuser's wife knew what was happening while it happened. I struggle with her. I struggle a whole hell of a lot MORE with him. I blame him more for what he did to me. I think I've earned that right.

This is not an "interesting political debate" to me, if I haven't made that clear. You're upsetting me.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
I’m screaming at Trump saying arming teachers would solve “Your problem” I cannot. LMFAO
I can think of exactly ONE of my high school teachers, most of whom were wonderful educators, where having a gun would have been neutral. Not HELPFUL, just neutral. LOL. The rest would have been disastrous. I'm thinking of my old Western Civ teacher with a gun- pretty sure he would have somehow gotten us all killed.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Of course he would think that lol.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

This might be the most amazing thing- he had cheat notes in his hand. This is not photoshopped. He had actual notes- not on policy, but how to make himself seem empathetic. That's how much it doesn't come naturally to him.

X
Closed Thread   Post New Thread