Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Absolutely horrifying news from Las Vegas And as usual, the GOP sends their "thoughts and prayers" and does not acknowledge THAT NO CITIZEN SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO THESE KINDS OF WEAPONS.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Girl they want morons to be able to buy silencers. Could you imagine how many people he’d been able to kill if it was legal now?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

There is literally no sane justification for that. They try to claim it's to "protect hearing" (because no one told them earplugs are a thing), but really, there is no reason for a civilian to have a silencer, when the actual purpose for that is to be silent as you're killing people, in order to be able to kill more people before any panic is able to set in. You don't NEED to be silent if you're using your gun legally.

There is no reason for civilians to have automatic weapons, and no reason for them to have silencers. A man with an automatic weapon just shot possibly up to 400 people, and killed 59. One person did that, due to what automatic weapons are capable of.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And apparently they signed a bill that says they can trial women who have abortions criminally. Holy**** did America screw themselves over.

Yet people are more worried about black athletes peacefully taking a knee over a song that doesn’t honor any person of color? Also Colin Kaepernick still doesn’t have a job but is still doing his charity work for inner cities but sure he isn’t a role model. Thugs like Ray Lewis can condemn him when he was charged (found not guilty) with murder. Ben Roethlisburger an alleged rapist still has a job. So many more rapists, murderers and spousal abusers are in that league but y’all upset over dude kneeling and now using the tragedy of 59 dead people with over 500 injured as a way to take shots at the liberals.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Things really are so ****ed up right now, and most of the blame is at the feet of the GOP and the NRA. The sooner that we're rid of both of them, the better it'll be for everyone!!

And now we've lost Tom Petty too.....
Old 10-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I've had serious issues with the NFL for years, for their seeming complete lack of caring about when their players abuse women. And that applies to the fans as well. So now, to see them absolutely flipping their **** over a peaceful, Constitutionally protected protest...it's made my already low opinion even lower.

I learned sometime in high school that MLK only had about a 15% approval rating among white people while he was alive, and I've never forgotten that. Far, FAR too many of my fellow white Americans don't find ANY form of African-American protest acceptable.

Don't even get me started on the NRA. There is so much blood on that organization. All they do is get innocent people killed.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Their “our thoughts and prayers” bull**** is just that because right after tweeting they are busy trying to pass a bill that allows bullets that can pearce through safety vest. Blue Lives Matter my ass.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Who the HELL needs the so-called "cop killer" bullets? Those things shouldn't be legal for anyone- not just civilians. They should be wiped off the planet.

I'm fascinated that a lot of red state voters claim to hate the government, and say they need guns to protect themselves from a possible government takeover, and yet they keep voting for the party that pours $700 billion into the military, which already had an obscenely over-inflated budget. You know who is going to come for you if there WAS a government takeover? The military. You know who's not going to come for you? Librarians and teachers.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Who can figure out your average red state voter?

And you're right about how they're always freaking out about how a Democrat government is "coming for their guns", so vote for the party that's most likely to fund the ones who would actually be involved in taking their guns away if it ever was to happen.

What really makes me mad is how the GOP and NRA, every time something like this happens, say that there's "no way to stop something like this happening", when just about every other country in the entire world manages pretty well to stop it. The only reason it hasn't been stopped up to now is because the GOP is terrified of the NRA, as they know that the NRA has the power to break them by mobilizing its members and supporters against them. Every GOP politician, at every level, knows that if they cross the NRA, it will make sure its members and supporters switch their allegiance to a different candidate who is more friendly to their views.

Sadly, things won't change until a properly-organized gun-control organisation arises, which has greater political muscle than the NRA does. Until that happens, things like this will continue, along with all of the sham hand-wringing by those who have the power to stop it, but won't because they don't want to risk being thrown off their comfortable little gravy train.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That's why The Onion just keeps posting the same article over and over:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

This is the fifth time they've done it in a couple years.

Also, stop using Chicago as a reason gun control fails. The reason it's working in NYC and Connecticut, and not working in Chicago, is because New York and Connecticut are surrounded mostly by other blue states with stricter gun laws, and Illinois is surrounded by Wisconsin and Indiana, which have some of the most lax gun laws on record. A study showed that 85-50% of guns in Chicago are coming from those states. If we don't put national gun laws on the books, it will be difficult to create real change.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m so sick of them using Chicago as a scape goat. And we know what the **** you’re doing. They know Chicago is a primarily black inner city. And they also need to stop using black on black crimes when white on white crimes is just as bad. White men are the biggest terrorist group in America but no one will admit it.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The "black on black crime" thing is ridiculous. MOST people commit crimes within their own ethnic groups. The vast majority of white people are also killed by other white people. Furthermore, poverty can also cause crime, and white people are primarily responsible for why a disproportionate amount of black people live in poverty. No tangents about black on black crime will change the fact that black people make up approximately 12% of the population, but about 50% of unarmed people who are shot by police.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toby is such a flop. Who the **** stans Miguel’s ass?

Also Kate needs to stop throwing her insecurities on Rebecca.

And Beth is all of us. No one finds Kevin funny. lmao
Old 10-09-2017, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I really don't think they're going to pull off making us love Miguel like they think they are, lol. I mostly found it creepy that the kids were at his house after Jack died, only for him to marry Rebecca later.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

You know that you have ****ed up, when Donald Trump says that he is not surprised at the sexual harrasement allegations laid against you.

It's not like this place to be quiet on such matters. Normally all it takes is the merest allegation, and the firing squad take aim (before the trail has even began).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread