Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I literally want to know who thought it was a good idea to even ASK him. Like, who considers the word of the guy who married his stepdaughter, and who has been accused of molestation by his daughter, a good authority on Harvey Weinstein?

Also, men legit need to stop using the term "witch hunt" to complain about their plight, lol. While a few men were executed for witchcraft, that was largely a move by men against women.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I think that phrase is being used because it has become such a generic term, and there has never been a specific masculine version of it that could be used in its place - I've certainly never heard anyone go on about a "wizard hunt"!

And I can certainly understand why that comment is being thrown about, given how some women are using this whole sorry saga as an attempt to paint ALL men as being like HW. I know how mad my hubby gets when he reads some of the comments where they are apparently trying to do that.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bi di bi di bum bum.

Wahhhh Selena is so iconic
Old 10-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Anyone watching this season of Riverdale?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think men getting defensive about this misses the point. "Not all men" misses the point of "yes all women". The vast majority of us are harassed or assaulted in our lives, and so we can never safely assume men are trustworthy. They might be- but we can't afford to assume it (and if we do, and we're wrong, we will inevitably be blamed for our own assaults because why weren't we more careful). I think if a guy sees the "Me too" movement and his go-to response is "Hey, I'M not like that..." ...he's massively missed the point.

Incidentally, I literally can't think of anyone who didn't do the "Me too" on Facebook, including several women who I didn't think would have joined, and that was both awful and uplifting, to see so many of us willing to give voice to what society has tried to force us to be quiet about. I have been everything from sexually abused by a family member, to harassed by a boy in middle school who drew a picture of my decapitated head which led the principal to tell my mother to calm down because he just had a crush on me, to have been forced to change my phone number and e-mail address in high school because a boy wouldn't take no for an answer, to had a guy try to get in the back seat of my car with a knife, to the unfortunately "regular" street harassment of getting cat-called and having my bra snapped by an unknown stranger on the subway. And in not ONE of those situations did I get support by a majority of the men around me. In the car knife attempt, I was working- I was pet sitting. When I told my male boss I wasn't comfortable going back to that neighborhood, he got angry with me for overreacting. We have a culture of toxic masculinity, and if men "aren't like that", they need to do a better job of calling out men who are and supporting women who come to them with these stories. And "Stop treating me like I'm like that", is not the correct supportive reaction to have.

ETA: while of course I finished GG A Year in the Life in 24 hours, I mostly remember Stranger Things.

http://www.eonline.com/news/887468/t...netflix-series

Just because I wasn't expecting it- I was only going to watch one episode before bed. LOL. I was done about 13 hours later. Imma be prepared come the second season on the 27th- just some Thai take-out and no plans for the next day.

Last edited by Cristofle; 10-17-2017 at 05:48 PM
Old 10-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got so angry hearing about Reese Witherspoon’s experience with men like Harvey because I still see her as her BLL character. lol
Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Exactly no actress who has talked about this seems shocked, it's worth pointing out. It's the men who express that (Quentin Tarantino's initial response was both hilarious and outrageous, because you would've thought somehow HE was the ultimate victim here, when there is about a -25% chance he never heard about this). Actresses are like "Yeah, this happens all the time." Which is just pathetic.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did...did...did they hire a whole ass human to replace Milania because she couldn’t be bothered to be near her sexual predator husband?

Mean while Bryan Datilo and Aly Sweeney are killing it in these scenes with Will being alive. Ron Carlivati sure knows how to inspire actors before getting over his own head after a yr. lol
Old 10-18-2017, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I totally believe that Melania expected him to lose, planned to divorce him if he did, and still plans to divorce him when he's out of office. I hope that however much he's paying her is worth whatever is left of her self-respect.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I believe most of the "shock" is just arse covering. I had heard off hand comments about Harvey Wienstein for years, giving aspiring actresses a "leg up" in the business. I am not even in the acting industry, and I heard about it. So I suspect that the Meryl Streeps know about it as well. People talk, and rumours spread. They heard something, alright. But because it wasn't their sister, or daughter, or mother, they didn't give a ****. It's someone else's problem.

It's also laughable that the remedy is "we need more females in the same positions". Yeah, because that will solve it, it isn't as if women can't be as devious, corrupt and degenerate as men. While they are at it, they might as well stick their fingers in their ears, and shout "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU." The remedy should be to remove the bad apples from the industry, and make them answerable for their crimes. And hire the people with the right qualification, not based on some diversity quota.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah but at the moment men are the ones sexually harassing both men and women so...
Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't believe anyone in the business who says they didn't know. I knew he was a creep. I am the exact opposite of in the business, lol, given that I work in a library that is mostly not open to the public since you need a badge to get in.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Yeah but at the moment men are the ones sexually harassing both men and women so...
That we are hearing of. Especially with how men being sexually harassed by women is still looked on as a joke. "He's a man, that's all men want is is sex."

And then there are female producers mistreating actresses.

EDIT
Emmy Rossum, that's the actress, I couldn't think of her name. I saw an article somewhere how she was bullied/shamed by a female producer.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, given that 53% of white women voted for Trump, I think we all know women aren't always friends to other women, but the fact remains that of the data on sexual harassment available to us, men are overwhelmingly the perpetrators. Anywhere from 80-88% of known victims are women, and while woman to woman sexual harassment is reported so infrequently it's statistically invisible, nearly half of men who report harassment report it was done by other men. Toxic male culture is extremely dangerous.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Also, lets not forget the elephant in the room, the 'Blacks For Trump' movement, for want of a better term. They may have made up a minority of his supporters, but they are black, they supported Trump, and afterall, every vote counts.

Also, I want to address something you said in post #170:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
We have a culture of toxic masculinity, and if men "aren't like that", they need to do a better job of calling out men who are and supporting women who come to them with these stories. And "Stop treating me like I'm like that", is not the correct supportive reaction to have.

That is just a toxic attitude. By adding in the "masculinity", you are making it nothing more than a war against men. This is real life, not some teen show on the GW. As a male myself, that is not the idea of masculinity that I view as masculinity. Toxic masculinity of the likes of Harvey Weinstein does not exist. Do you want to know why? Because their attitude IS NOT MASCULINE. It's just toxic.

You also forgot to mention the level of support for male victims is less, and how masculinity is viewed, especially when a male has to admit to being sexually assaulted by a female. Again, the idea of all men want sex.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread