Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Labine had her faults, but she was much more interested in diverse casting.
Bless her hating all children other than lucky and robin

I'm way too attached to all things "Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man" to love any other version. Also...the way the new SM was marketed made me feel like it was a teen movie?
Old 07-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I preferred Tobey too, but at least I hear they left the Uncle Ben plot out of the movie, because I swear to God, if I watched him die one more time I was going to preempt it all and kill him myself.

That said, I'm not running to the theater. I don't feel a lack of Spiderman in my entertainment world, lol.

And LOLLLLL, she truly hated all children except those played by JJ, Kim, and Amber. Everyone else, she either killed off or backburnered the **** out of. That was more or less true on OLTL and GL as well.

Although I will never understand her love of Elisabeth Rohm on OLTL. That girl just could not act, lol.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Whoa, I just discovered Laura Wright divorced her husband last year and is now dating Joy's ex. I remember her saying they were together since she was 15.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Wait, Joy's ex-husband????

...Really?

REALLY?
Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

^nah Laura is dating Wes Ramsey. The guy Joy dated after her divorce on and off
Old 07-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Tobey but I'm going to give Tom a chance because he was one of the only best parts about a civil War (Black Panther being the first.) also I want to see how they are going to chicken out on making Zendaya be Mary Jane. She's literally the second biggest star in the movie. lol RDJ being the biggest.

And speaking of I did not like how they wrote Kiki's MaryJane. She and the character deserved better.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
^nah Laura is dating Wes Ramsey. The guy Joy dated after her divorce on and off
Oh, that's a relief. LOL.

Mary Jane is second to only Lois to me, to MUST BE IN THIS UNIVERSE.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

MJ not being in Peter's universe in the Andrew Garfield version of Spiderman was not ok to me. I love that character dearly, and they cut all of MJ/Shai Woodley's scenes.

Also...Zendaya not being MJ was a huge missed opportunity. They need to rectify that immediately for me to even remotely support a teen!movie Spiderman.

Last edited by Static Waves; 07-06-2017 at 07:00 PM
Old 07-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Her name is MJ but she's not MJ. She's like Ally Sheedy's character in Breakfest Club. lmao They really dirtied Zendaya up in this movie and she's still gorgeous. I'm assuming she'll still be his love interests for the sequel since Liz Allen should be older than him like she is in the comics.

Every time I want to feel better I always put the HIMYM episode where Dawson Leery shows up and Lily gets all hood on us when her friend Michelle visits. lmao
Old 07-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't expect Zendaya to be a supporting character in this one, but they're clearly setting her up for a larger presence moving forward.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think she'll be a much bigger deal in the sequels. I really wanted her to be Felicia Hardy because we've seen MJ and Gwen Stacey. It been nice to have Felicia Hardy/Blackcat. But really they copped out on making Zendaya MaryJane. But between Galaxy, Wonder Woman and now the great reviews for Spider-Man I think Comic books are having a great yr so far. I think Justice League will do well at least I hope.

Not Blue Ivy spitting bars in her new daddies album. What can this child not do?
Old 07-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I really hope Justice League is good, lol. I really WANTED Suicide Squad and Batman vs. Superman to be good, but Suicide Squad was borderline illegible- like, I truly lost my train of thought almost immediately, and it was only semi salvaged by Will and Margot's seemingly unintentional chemistry- and I still don't understand the whole....versus thing of B v. S, lol. Like, why were they fighting all the sudden? And then they just stopped.

I also have high hopes for The Defenders on Netflix. Despite Iron Fist...existing.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Batman vs Superman made zero sense but I was here for the introduction of Wonder Woman and Gal delivered. The women were the best parts about that movie.

I'm ready for The Defenders as well but jesus Danny is going to annoy the hell out of me. Maybe Jessica or Luke can knock some sense into him.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Wonder Woman was 1000000% the best part of Batman vs. Superman, lol.

Also in terms of Suicide Squad being awful, I can't believe they replaced the brilliance of Heath's performance with Jared Leto's basic, creepy ass. I know they had to recast The Joker at some point, but putting such little thought into it hurt me on a personal level.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

BvS felt like three different movies jammed into one...so none of it made sense. Like I can piece together threads of why they were fighting, but I more so can't piece together that whole ~mother connection scene~ with them teaming up. And Suicide Squad had so many awesome characters with literally no plot? Justice League needs to deliver though. I love all the main actors in JL.

I'm mostly excited to see jessica jones again in the defenders (+luke/jessica). They did my Claire dirty by putting her with the one person I can't ship her with have you guys all seen Iron Fist? I still haven't lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Wonder Woman was 1000000% the best part of Batman vs. Superman, lol.

Also in terms of Suicide Squad being awful, I can't believe they replaced the brilliance of Heath's performance with Jared Leto's basic, creepy ass. I know they had to recast The Joker at some point, but putting such little thought into it hurt me on a personal level.
I refuse to acknowledge him as Joker. And I don't think he's going to be good opposite Ben...but I feel like Joker/Batman is inevitable in the Batman solo

Spoiler:

Last edited by Static Waves; 07-07-2017 at 08:36 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread