Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
Really? Even almost a decade after it happened?
I'm honestly not sure I ever will be. I can and sometimes do watch the footage on the anniversary, but I can't really handle going to the theater, or sitting down in front of my TV, and watching a movie for any kind of entertainment value about it. I lived in the DC area at the time- I heard the sirens, I drove past the gaping hole in the Pentagon day after day. I can't even really handle that new movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt about the man who walked on the beam between the Twin Towers- I can't bring myself to find entertainment value with "OMG, is this guy going to fall????" when people really DID fall from the top of the tower that day.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

It is the moment the world changed, so I guess it's difficult to not look at entertainment content using the Twin Towers as somehow disrespectful and unnecessary.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I was okay with Fringe having them still be standing in the AU (although I remember the first time the cameras panned back, it gave me a jolt), but I have a really hard time finding any entertainment value from a movie set around whether or not a man is going to fall from the top of them. Philippe Petit did it for a thrill- and survived- but people who had to choose between burning to death or jumping died that day.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saul and Carrie switched places. Saul's now ****ing a terrorist this season.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

So, Nicki Minaj's brother is a rapist.

Nicki Minaj Bails Out Brother Jelani Maraj After He Is Accused of Raping a Minor : People.com
Old 12-08-2015, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

"A child younger than 13" :/
Old 12-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

That's shocking and disturbing.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope nope nope, should've kept him in there. Love my brothers but I'd never bail them out of they did that.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I know it's hard to believe someone you love did something awful, but she almost must think the little girl is lying? :/ Because apparently this is someone he lives near and he's accused to being a repeat offender- it's not a case of mistaken identity. And there is no scenario where a sexual relationship between a 12 year old girl and a 37 year old man is consensual.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't care much pressure my family gives me into bailing him out, sexual assault on minors is a nono for me especially if you are a repeat offender. Honestly what 12 year old lies about **** like this unless they are Allison Delaurentis levels of crazy?

Mean while am i the only one terrified of the racist *******s are going to go out, buy guns and shoot anyone not white because of the **** Donald Trump keeps saying in his speeches? Why is no one telling him to not say **** like this? Does Donald not know that he has Muslims who work for his company or who are doctors, lawyers and oh yeah FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY when they are going to war? He's so disgusting. I just hope Bernie and Hilary ends up running mates so the Democratic vote doesn't split. I know people don't trust Hilary but she is by far the most trust worthy candidate for this election.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

There's also apparently security footage of him convincing this child to get into his car, and there's just absolutely no good reason for that.

I really thought Trump would have burned out by now. I still don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell he'll be even the GOP candidate, let alone the President, but the longer this goes on, the worse it is. He's not funny- the stuff he's saying, people are AGREEING with, and that's horrifying.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jesse and his tears. That scene also reminds everyone how important Barry is to Iris. The show just seemed to have forgotten about that this season.

Anyways Superior Flash coming through.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

JLM is really the most legit actor of either show. I keep saying it. It keeps being true. LOL.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Muslims who work for his company or who are doctors, lawyers and oh yeah FIGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY when they are going to war?
The thing is, Muslim people don't need to justify who they are or what they do either. I often see celebrities and stuff retweet stories about how this Muslim person saved this life or did this other amazing thing. But seriously, it doesn't matter. You could be a stripper, an astronaut, a teacher or a chef. One has nothing to do with the other. And your job doesn't make you more or less worthy of being able to live in a Western country without ridicule.

And Trump is essentially delivering hate speech which is its own kind of terrorism and he should be arrested for doing so. Do we banish everyone who is the same religion as he is because he's a virus infecting the planet? No.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

No, and that's a frustrating mentality that comes especially from the GOP. "Muslims need to denounce this or that" - well, no, they don't. It's kind of implied. There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world- they don't need to explain themselves every time one of the murderous less than 1% of them goes off the deep end again. No one asks every white guy in the room to justify his presence there every time it's a white male who shot up the last place.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread