Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

OT #351: Summer TV starts...now!

Hannibal starts tonight. OITNB starts next week. Let's get it started!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Lena, have you seen the Ed Sheeran cover of Trap Queen? The original song is anthem of a lifetime, but this cover is sick too.

Ed Sheeran covers Trap Queen | EW.com

Baby Daddy returned this week Although, on a superficial note, something is off with Chelsea Kane's look lately. Want her back to normal, please.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I missed this insane little show so much.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Sheeran is one of our exports that I fail to see why the US is so interested. If you don't mind taking Russell Brand and that insufferable **** Kate Hopkins of our hands as well, go ahead...
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
Lena, have you seen the Ed Sheeran cover of Trap Queen? The original song is anthem of a lifetime, but this cover is sick too.

Ed Sheeran covers Trap Queen | EW.com

Baby Daddy returned this week Although, on a superficial note, something is off with Chelsea Kane's look lately. Want her back to normal, please.
A lot of people are not liking the Trap Queen cover at all. lol

Yeah I'm not liking Chelsea's hair at all but show please continue to give me shirtless Derek Theler. lol Danny/Riley5evah.

Melissa McCarthy is ace.

Oh No They Didn't! - Melissa McCarthy’s ‘Spy’ Dominating Box Office With $35 Million Opening
Old 06-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, so they'll acknowledge her as successful again? LOL. Remember, she had ONE movie that didn't perform well and they acted like her career was over.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

I'm starting to get annoyed at the lack of recognition Rose Byrne gets, lol. She is usually the best thing in every movie she stars in.

I love Melissa, but Rose has had so many boxoffice hits over the years and is criminally underrated. She never bloody gets headline billing.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Spy looks awful . And I can't stand McCarthy. If you want a spy spoof, that is both a spoof and a loving tribute to 60's spy films, then try 'OSS 117: Cairo Nest Of Spies'.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
I'm starting to get annoyed at the lack of recognition Rose Byrne gets, lol. She is usually the best thing in every movie she stars in.

I love Melissa, but Rose has had so many boxoffice hits over the years and is criminally underrated. She never bloody gets headline billing.
...It's not that I dislike her, but I admit, I often forget she's in the project as soon as I finish seeing it, lol. I had to look up her IMDB to see what she's been in that I've seen (totally forgot she was in Bridesmaids, definitely wouldn't have placed her over Melissa). Her presence just doesn't...strike me all that much.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

It's just that she's been in so many hugely successful films, where she always plays one of the leads, but gets the least recognition. It's true that she's never had a star vehicle as a solo actor, so her name isn't as recognisable, but it is just so rare for someone to be just as good in comedy as they are in drama. And she nails both exceptionally. Not to mention her amazing run on TV with Damages. And now she's done the musical with Annie, and the Broadway work in NY. If there ever was a perfect career, it is hers.

Maybe it's just an Australian thing, lol. Cause I see her on all the magazines and all the billboards doing her fashion campaigns and so on, so she's constantly at the forefront of my mind as a "name" actor. So I guess it's annoying me that she's not treated as such.

But I don't know why I'm complaining. She continues to work with good casts and crew, and I guess that's all that matters. Whether her name appears in huge lights or not.

/end very unnecessary rant
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think studios trust she'll sell as well as someone like Melissa. Granted, that task of "who sells" is already heavily, unfairly slanted against women (see: how everyone acted like MM's career was over when she had ONE film that didn't sell as well- it's taken Johnny Depp tanking nearly several in almost a row that he's headlined, including one that was basically considered the most offensive in a year, to even DISCUSS that he might not be the box office draw he was several years ago).
Old 06-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Even her two slightly underperforming films, Tammy and St. Vincent, were still miles ahead of the boxoffice flops that the likes of Johnny Depp deliver. It is definitely unfair, and he would still command top dollar regardless. Which makes no sense.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Alert, Gillian Anderson has red hair, I repeat, GILLIAN ANDERSON HAS RED HAIR.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 06-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remember how Amy Adams (female lead) and an Oscar/Blockbustat winner JLaw got paid dust but that trash Jeremy Renner got paid top dollars for a small role? This is the same movie where both women stole the show.

Mean while Serena Williams is the best athlete in the world. The media is PRESSED that she refuses to retire. Ha!

My ginger is back. Is she done mind ****ing Christian Gray?
Old 06-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, that's always been the case. Not only Patrick Dempsey, but Isaiah Washington also made more than Ellen Pompeo for the first couple years of Grey's Anatomy, AND both made more than Sandra Oh (who was certainly known and respected prior to GA).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread