Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That's not this generation- sadly, desperate women/girls being obsessed with violent men is a more of an eternal truth.

But yeah, I saw that :/ I just cannot. I was unfortunate enough to come across the crime scene photos of the Tate murders when I was looking for a picture of Sharon Tate once (NOT her body, despite what Google brought back to me)- how could anyone want to be within 10 feet of the animal who set that into motion?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's sad that the public's fascination with that psycho overshadows the memory of Sharon and the other victims. Jesus, wasn't Sharon Tate's 8 month pregnant belly stabbed over 60 times or around that count?!

Last edited by loveslullaby; 11-17-2014 at 07:16 PM
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

One of them- it might have been Abigail Folger's boyfriend?- was stabbed over 100 times, I think. What I saw of those photos was beyond imagining- it was almost like a pack of wild animals got loose in that house. And Manson may not have been there, but he ordered their deaths and ordered it to be "messy", and then picked out the LaBiancas too.

Not to mention, Manson is well known for how much he hates woman. I don't get it.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the same as how the media would rather dissect shooters and celebrate them as some phenomenon instead of the actual victims. Or in George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson turn it around and make those who can't defend themselves into the monsters and we must protect Zimmerman and that POS cop Wilson.

YASSSSSSSSSS to an episode dedicated to Abbie and Jenny.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

SMH @ him and the Boston Bomber getting a Rolling Stone cover.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think the cop thing stems from something else- I remember being taught in school, like from a SUPER young age, that you can always trust cops. They came to talk to us in class, we'd sit in cop cars during recess so we could watch how radar worked, you're taught always to go to a cop first if you're ever in any danger, etc, etc. And I'm not saying there aren't good cops, because of course there are, but what we AREN'T taught in school is that the criminal justice system is historically imbalanced and racially prejudiced, that cops racially profile, and that statistically speaking they AREN'T the safest ones for some people to run to. But people cling to what they've been taught, because they feel safer that way. It makes people more comfortable to say "X person must have done something to deserve getting shot by the police" than to acknowledge that the very people who are supposed to protect us are acting against innocent civilians in brutal ways.

And a lot of that, of course, is white privilege, that would even allow a person to have only personally seen the good side of law enforcement.

Obsession with killers, on the other hand, is more a cultural fascination with the macabre.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I heard the KKK's response to Ferguson protestors was that they awoke a sleeping giant.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

<---------- Is probably the cutest thing to ever cute. I can't handle it y'all.

She even out cutes the original of cute.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, I found the link: KKK Threatens ‘Lethal Force' Against Ferguson Protesters And Appears on TV To Explain Why
Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG how are they not charged or something? Get the Tea Party canned.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I guess it could have been worse, lol, but she's still not acknowledging she did anything to WARRANT that poor opinion of her, even though a fair amount of it was her shooting her mouth off in public. I'll never forget when she hogged literally every camera to yammer on endlessly about the writers' plight during the writers' strike (including basically talking over Ellen Pompeo, who actually had something to say coming from a very blue collar union family)- only to later dismissively insinuate that she'd been forced to show her support (by...who, lol? The networks who the writers were fighting against?).
Old 11-18-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ellen is sweet but I get the feeling she'd cut you (Love her defending Shonda and Viola Davis a few months ago.) if you disrespect her or her family which includes her cast mates but she was being way more professional than I would've been when Katherine kept hogging her time to talk.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I swear, if I see one more "I don't know why these women didn't just go to the police..." with the Bill Cosby case. One of these women was raped in 1969. GHB existed, but it was unheard of as the "date-rape drug". Hell, date rape was unheard of.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what's wrong with people. Being rape and then having to admit it scars a person just as much as keeping it a secret. Not to mention like you said one of the rape victims was rape in 69. They do realize the difference between today's technology and back then?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread