Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mean Laurel has a good read on Oliver. I mean in general she has a good read on people. Her impulses is what gets her into trouble. Oliver was being a straight up hypocrite about Ted and maybe had some residual jealousy (in which Please God no. Laurel deserves better.) about Ted training Laurel.

Laurel and Oliver has some of the worst writing for two leads. Mean while Barry and Iris actually do portray two people who loves and cares for each other. I can see those two eventually falling in love. I never got that from Ollie and Laurel. It's not just the chemistry either. I don't even currently see them ending up being partners in the Justice League. Ted and Laurel on the other hand I do see because unlike Oliver, Ted does respects her. I'm glad the show haven't gone the romance route with those two.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think it's because he's jealous- I think Oliver genuinely fears she will end up like Sara, dead on his table. Oliver has witnessed both his parents die. He's witnessed his best friend's death. He witnessed Shado's death. And he's seen Sara die like 80 times. He is not going to respond rationally to the prospect of yet another death. The fact of the matter is, Laurel will likely never be as good as Sara was, since she doesn't have the benefit of being trained for years by none less than the League of Assassins, and Sara still ended up dead. It's not irrational to think Laurel might end up the same way. Which is not to say Oliver can control her life, because he can't, but the FEAR is not irrational and the response comes from being literally riddled with PTSD. Ultimately, if Laurel wants to risk her life, that's her choice and Oliver will eventually need to either accept it or just STFU, but I can see why his initial response is not "YAY YOU'RE TRAINING TO FIGHT AND GET INTO MORE DANGEROUS SITUATIONS SIGN ME UP FOR MORE OF THIS".
Old 11-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Random but when twop was still in existence when did cu next tuesday stop being allowed? Because I recall the word being used pretty frequently.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always thought the C word was just not allowed at ff. TWOP allowed all types of words.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Weren't you the one that said on the PLL board there that a mod went off on someone for calling a character as a c?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, look at these two goofs!

I don't think any word was outright banned (although that's a really ugly word and I sort of wish it would be), but it could be that some mods had different takes on it?
Old 11-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

I wanna know what this C word is!

Someone rhyme with another word for me, lol.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Bunt.

Quote:
I don't think any word was outright banned (although that's a really ugly word and I sort of wish it would be), but it could be that some mods had different takes on it?
I don't think the moderating was like it was on here though- where different boards have different sets of rules and mods. I think there was a set of rules that applied to/moderators that overlooked the whole forum.

Last edited by loveslullaby; 11-16-2014 at 04:54 PM
Old 11-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Oh!

I thought that was a "thou shall never speak thy word" just in life kinda word.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is an ugly word for sure but I don't think I've ever called anyone that.

Anyone watches The Affair? I'm waiting till it finishes. After Homeland I usually watch Revenge to unfry my brain. Last week was bananas. I hope Josh Jackson bares it all tbh. LOL
Old 11-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Each board definitely had their own moderator, because there were occasionally character-specific rules. I'm not sure if a word could be banned on a certain board and not on the other, though.

I'm like 99.99% sure SOMEONE called Elizabeth that during the Niz debacle on the GH thread, heh.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Liz is called every name in the book for just breathing. She's the female John Cena. People either love her hardcore or hate her hardcore. Lol

Solange wedding looks beautiful. Can you imagine having Beyonce photobomb your wedding pics? LMAO
Old 11-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Did you see that shot of Solange and her bridal party in the warehouse looking thing?

Looks like a magazine!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I did. It looks like some photo shoot. Lol
Old 11-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Elizabeth is ragged on for everything, but she was legitimately rank in the Niz affair, which heightened things considerably, lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread