Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

OT #302: 302 threads later, we are actually talking about real news.

Well, sometimes. If something more interesting isn't happening on Glee.

On a serious note, the US, UK, and French (shocking no one more than me, the French actually struck first) have launched an air strike against Libya.

U.S., Britain launch first missiles against Gadhafi forces - CNN.com

-Obama has reiterated he will not deploy ground troops at this time- we're overstretched with Iraq and Afghanistan as it is.
-This seems to have come after Gadhafi ignored our no-fly zone (seriously, this guy is off the rails. He's talking about how he's prepared to die and "all the Libyan people are with him". Dude, if that were true, you would not be in this situation). Which I figured we would have to enforce since he's not backing down.
-we attacked their military bases, it seems.

I honestly think this guy is going to die before he surrenders.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so pissed like I'm fuming at the moment since I just saw HC saying she support the Saudi troops here and think Iran is the problem WTF just WTF
They are killing people here the Saubi troops coming into the villages and killing them. Just wowo so haven forbid Shia demand a better life and all the sudden we are linked to Iran.
Just wowow...
Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, the Saudis are pissed at us anyway according to this.

Quote:
The United States has urged Bahrain's royal family to engage in real political dialogue with its opponents, a step that has raised anxiety in Sunni-ruled Saudi Arabia whose oil-rich eastern region also has a large and sometimes restive Shi'ite population.

Political analysts say the Bahrain crisis has helped push the U.S.-Saudi relationship into dangerous territory as the world's top military power and its top oil producer make very different calculations about the impact of the political change washing over the Middle East.
It's from CNN. Here's the rest of the article.

Amid strains, Clinton hails Gulf leadership on Libya | News by Country | Reuters
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not pissed at the people just the government of the US to be clear.
My aunt called us days she had gun shot outside of her house but thanfully she and her family is safe. If we go out we have go through a checkpoint whee they ask are we Suni or Shia.
The Saudis want to live in a close country forever they refuse any freedom of speech and their government give a bad image to Islam sadly.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't have enough information to know how I feel about Hillary's comments- it seems like she was talking about Arab governments at large when she commented on Iran, and there are legitimately tense relations between Iran and the US. Some of it honestly has come off as petty on both sides to me at points, lol, like we're constantly sniping at each other, but it is there and it's long-standing.

I'm sorry the crackdowns are so violent in Bahrain I wish there could be a way to politically dialogue without all the violence, but it hasn't happened yet. Not in Egypt, not in Libya, not in Bahrain. And not in Yemen either, it seems.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree it does feel like the US and Iran are kinda on each other throats but Iran isn't doing anything to Bahrain just because the majority of us are Shia doesn't make us working for Iran. Hillary's comments supporting the Saudi troops coming in when just days said she said they were going in the wrong track is just hypocritical at this point also just days she noted at the violence.
Do you know that the agreement they made doesn't include bringing in those troops unless there's a war with other countries so they had no right to call them.
In the past I used to want some dialogue but no more now enough blood been shed this has been going for far too long plus they are arresting all opposition and even human rights activists in the country .
Old 03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

And I don't even know how to feel about what we're doing in Libya. I AM glad we're not sending in ground troops, because I just don't think we can afford to start a mess like that when we have military operations of such measure in Iraq and Afghanistan as it is. And I mean, we ain't never fully leaving Iraq, lol. We still have military based in GERMANY. For what amounts to "for old times' sake" (granted, the military people I've known in my life were thrilled to get stationed there the last 20-30 years because it's basically a cake assignment, lol). I don't know if we should have gotten involved in these air strikes or if it will be enough to bring Gaddafi down (and I DO think he needs to be taken down. This guy is clearly insane and has no business running an entire country). I don't know exactly how we decide which country we're going to help, and on which side (I mean, I'm sure it involves who our allies are, but our country is often in bed with people who make me uncomfortable, and that includes the Saudi government). I guess at least the Libyan rebels seem to want our help- no one wanted our help in Iraq and we had no business invading their country and we did anyway.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This doesn't seem like its going anywhere and its really sad. With all of the tragedies going on lately you'd think the world would decide to come together and help each other out. I wish those bitches would just hug it out honestly. 2012 is coming and who knows what will go down lol

On a lighter I think note. I get the sense Ryan Murphy hates bisexuals and who ever the Rachel character is based off off. I feel someone was pressuring Ryan to stop treating Rachel like ass for one episode and thats what we had gotten from the last episode.
As for me thinking he hates bisexuals, why would he make Kurt react the way he did a few episodes ago when Harry Potter thought he could be bi? Or why is he making Santana a full on lesbian. I would have been perfectly fine with her as bisexual/pansexual or what ever. She seems like she'd do anything tbh lol
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bahrain is kinda of a more modern country but the government belongs to Saudi government. The irony is that Bahrain doesn't even hold 1 Million people it just puzzles me the hatred of Shia among some of the Muslims. They fail to mention some of the movement leader are Suni who want reforms too.
Quote:
I don't know if we should have gotten involved in these air
About the US while I do agree I'm glad they are helping but yeah they have spend enough money at this point why not use some Saudi money for a change.

You know sending the Saudi troops here is just absurd by all means no absurd doesn't even make up for it it's such a hypocrisy. Many Arabs claim they want to free Plastine OK if you send those troops you send here in Bahrain that will sure do but they don't hate the jews as much as Shia though.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Each side is going at it the wrong way and neither seems to want to listen to the other. So much testosterone in a war. Hilary going back on her words makes me sad too. This is not the way to make peace.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Grain of salt after the Guza false news, but SOD is saying Tyler Christopher is out.

Yeah, we just have so many messes on our hands, even in the United States. We have two wars, we have an economic crisis, we have an increasingly bitter political divide. Now Japan has had a catastrophic crisis with a possible nuclear meltdown that could reach our shores. And on top of it all, we just got ourselves involved in an air strike, lol.

And yeah, I agree. RM seems to have a problem with bisexuality. Of course, TV in general often does. Look at Willow.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just read that. Of course TC gets let go when he was getting hotter again. He wasn't looking all orangy and I must admit his sex scene with Adriannnna wasn't that bad tbh I rather watch them than Sonny/Claire.

I did hear that nuclear was crossing the California area. I hope we can contain this. Ahh this world is not safe anymore lol Yesterday President Aristede was able to get into Haiti and people in Miami were celebrating. I still don't know why Bush kicked him out of his own country in the first place.

Willow should have stayed a bisexual I agree. I don't think she had chemistry with the girl who played Kennedy either. I don't think Hollywood knows how to write bisexuals honestly.

ETA: I'm still holding out hope that SOD came to early and had to backtrack their tweet tbh lol
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sadly they reinforced racism against Suni VS Shia you would think we are from a different religion. I can't even call some of my friends on Uni because I know where they stands.
On the lighter note how come Israel is giving us the true coverage while our national TV isn't I was always told actually they made us study on text books how BAD are the Jews and Israel they lie all the time to their credit they don't lie
Old 03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

eww eww thats awful lol reading history textbooks with lies? Ugh thats as bad as the old days before black history was anything to the US.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

~When fandoms collide~

Closed Thread   Post New Thread