Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

OT #261: I spotted Char in the last thread!

Also, my last reply to Wala:
Quote:
A lot of the time, I enjoyed Angel more than BtVS. Then there was that icky Connor thing and I was only watching out of loyalty, lol, but in S5 it got good again.

But yeah, Angel has a dream where he has sex with Cordelia (they need Angelus for some reason, I don't remember the details) but at the very last second, he says Buffy's name and THAT'S when he loses his soul. Basically indicating he needs Buffy, at least the image of her, to attain that perfect happiness. He can have sex, but he can never lose himself unless Buffy is involved.
Carry on!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTT
Yah the corner thing was a turn off for me as well.I always loved the fact that Joss made it clear that Buffy and Angel were soulmate despite Spuffy mess and Cordy and everything.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Here's what David had to say about that moment:

Quote:
Q: "Your official verdict: What did it mean that Angel said Buffy's name during dream sex with Cordy?"
DB: "I think we've established that his one true love is Buffy, obviously. So, when that occurred, it was a testament to his feelings. It's not the sex that makes him happy; it's the feeling. He can have sex, but he can't be truly happy." Eonline chat 2003
Also, James being awesome about the final Spuffy moment.

Quote:
"It's true," Marsters insisted. "It's the truth and he shows his manhood by saying so. Yeah. I thought that what the final episode did very well was admit that Buffy really is in love with Angel. That the sexual relationship she had with Spike was unhealthy. That it was unwise. "
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its interesting that James never bought into Spuffy and what did Sarah think of it?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Sarah liked it even less, lol.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Sarah was most comfortable with David,I mean she looks like she is pain when she with the dude who played Riley for example .
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Sarah was REALLY not impressed with Buffy/Riley. Someone at an event mentioned liking Buffy and Riley, and she was like "More than Angel?" LMAO. I think she really tried with Marc Blucas though, but you can't force chemistry and it just made it even more uncomfortable.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Sarah was REALLY not impressed with Buffy/Riley. Someone at an event mentioned liking Buffy and Riley, and she was like "More than Angel?" LMAO. I think she really tried with Marc Blucas though, but you can't force chemistry and it just made it even more uncomfortable.
LOL I love Sarah even more for shipping BA
I think with Buffy and Riley the lack of chemistry there and Joss killed them when he made Riley cheat on Buffy while her mom had a tumor.That was pretty low.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I actually think Riley was more interesting after acknowledging Buffy wasn't in love with him- that was better than the forced ~grand love~ fest of S4.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I actually think Riley was more interesting after acknowledging Buffy wasn't in love with him- that was better than the forced ~grand love~ fest of S4.
Yes Riley did acknowledged Buffy was never in love with him hence Angel was always brought up.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote from Joss:

Quote:
"There was two reasons why the Buffy and Riley relationship didn't fly. There was nobody getting over Buffy and Angel. Just nobody. Two, because I'd seen the tortured Romeo and Juliet, `This is the wrong guy, he's going to make me miserable' romance, I wanted to see Buffy have a nice relationship with a nice guy. America doesn't want to see that. America doesn't give a rat's ass about a nice relationship with a nice guy.
And from Sarah:

Quote:
"In my opinion, Buffy and Angel should be together forever, but I understand for storytelling purposes, it's not to be. Angel is Buffy's true love. They have something you can never repeat. I mean, I understand it when people say nothing is ever the same after your first true love. They were soul mates. And Riley and Buffy were at different stages in their lives; they were different people. Buffy never loved Riley the same way she loved Angel."
Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for those .
I'm pretty much thankful Buffy did not end up in the show with Riley or Spike man that would been awful.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Love these quotes Especially since everyone realizes the awesomeness of BA.

I personally preferred the Riley storyline way more than the Spike one. They were kind of polar opposites of each other. One safe and forced. The other overly extreme and lacking any heart.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, between B/R and Spuffy, it's Riley all the way, lol. My main problem with B/R is that Sarah had absolutely no chemistry with Marc, and it got almost embarrassing to watch her try to force it. I don't think it did the catastrophic damage to Buffy that Spuffy did, nor was it offensive to me as a woman the way Spuffy was.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I miss Meredith not GA just Meredith when the show use to center around her *Sigh*.