Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

OT #228: The new 90210 needs to be effin' cancelled.

Quote:
Wait, Kelly can't go off to be w/ him because Luke isn't coming back, right?
He isn't. Along with Shannen's last ep, apparently it's also Jennie's for a while.

Quote:
90210 is bull ****. I'm so glad I'm not watching. Seriously thats how Brenda leaves the show?
Yes! It's just sickening. Uck. I feel like they've ruined her a bit.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

I dislike this title, lol.

90210, ftw!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Me too, Sam.

I thought the Brenda phone thing is the epitome of Brenda. You could tell she didn't want to do it. She even had a tear in her eye. But she did it for her friend, even though her friend is pretty much a ****ty one who screwed her over in the past. I get the feeling she'll be back though, and I'm sure Kelly will be, so she and Dylan will go down the tubes per usual. But I really don't give a **** about BD or DK, because Brenda is and will always be the bigger person.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

cartiergurl01 i love your avie Chuck looks so hottie! Yummy
Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks! I know. He looks so delicious and handsome in that shot.

Quote:
I dislike this title, lol.
Sorry, I just got totally turned off the show last night, lol.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had not watch the show for 2 weeks LOL
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Sam, here's another follow-up on that question you were asking about female US voters.

Quote:
By MASSIMO CALABRESI
Wed Oct 1, 2:10 PM ET
Propelled by concerns over the financial crisis and a return of support from female voters, Barack Obama has opened a formidable 7-point lead over John McCain, reaching the 50% threshold among likely voters for the first time in the general campaign for President, according to a new TIME poll.

Obama now leads McCain 50%-43% overall, up from 46%-41% before the parties' conventions a month ago. Obama's support is not just broader but sturdier; 23% of McCain supporters said they might change their mind, while only 15% of Obama's said they could be persuaded to switch.

Among the poll's most dramatic findings: McCain is losing female voters faster than Sarah Palin attracted them after the Republican National Convention. Obama leads McCain by 17 points with women, 55%-38%. Before the conventions, women preferred Obama by a margin of 10 points, 49%-39%. After McCain picked Palin as his running mate, the gap narrowed to a virtual tie, with Obama holding a 1-point margin, 48%-47%.

In a stark indication of just how much the political landscape has changed over the past four years, white women now favor Obama by three points, 48%-45%; in 2004, George W. Bush won the same demographic by 11 points against John Kerry. Where Bush carried married women by 15 points in that election, 57%-42%, Obama now leads by 6 points, 50%-44%, a 21-point shift.

Non-college-educated white women split virtually evenly, 46%-45% for McCain. By contrast, Obama remains weak among white men. That group supports McCain 57%-36% overall, and non-college-educated white men back the Republican ticket by an even greater margin, 63%-27%.

Bush himself fares terribly in the poll. His approval rating is 23%, the lowest number ever found by Abt/SRBI, the company that conducted the poll for TIME; 73% of respondents disapprove of his performance as President. Only 26% approve of his handling of the current financial crisis.

The economy was a key driver behind all the new numbers. Sixty-five percent of respondents said their economic situation has worsened in the past year - and of those, 59% support Obama. Overall, voters give Obama a 45%-37% edge over McCain as the candidate who is better equipped to handle the economic crisis.

The TIME poll shows that Obama gained some support after his performance at the presidential debate last Friday. Twenty-three percent of those who watched it said it made them more likely to vote for Obama, while 16% said they were more likely to vote for McCain. Of the 73% of likely voters who watched the debate, 41% thought Obama won, while 27% thought McCain did.

For McCain, the most troubling sign may come not from the details of the poll, which are grim for Republicans, but from the historical context. No Democrat has crossed the 50% threshold in the general election since before Ronald Reagan was elected, let alone do so a month before the election.

The fact that Obama's numbers are at this level after a bruising year of attacks from McCain and Hillary Clinton appears to validate his strategy of nurturing and protecting his "character" points. The poll found that Obama maintains a 60% favorable rating among all voters, and 61% think his election would restore a sense of hope and inspiration to the U.S.

Obama still shows vulnerability on the question of what kind of President he would be. Fifty percent of those polled said Obama gives a great speech but doesn't have other qualifications; 46% disagreed with that statement. Asked if it was accurate to say that the real Barack Obama holds extreme positions that won't be revealed until after he's elected, surveyed voters split 46%-46%.

The poll, which surveyed 1,133 likely voters nationwide between Sept. 26-29, has a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.
Also, Kelly is an abomination.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Good to hear. Thanks, Liz!

Am I the only one who liked the way Kelly and Brenda were written out?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Do you know the history of the Kelly/Brenda/Dylan triangle, lol? And would you if you were a die-hard B/D fan?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Sam is just more interested in the new kids then the old one's LOL because had he been as into the old kids like us he'd no Kelly was a vapid whore.

Yay to women being smart <3
Old 10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, what killed me was first the blatant re-writing of history, using Brenda to prop DK, and having Kelly attack her for like, stealing Dylan when it was always, always the other way around.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly said whatt? Seriously she said that? You mean it was Brenda the one who was sneaking behind Kelly's back with Dylan that whole time and I was fooled to think it was Kelly? ok writers. Ugh seriously Kelly said that? Bitch needs to DIAF.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, no idea. I'm just looking at it from the perspective of the current characters.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Brenda and Dylan were together for two years. And not Ryan and Marissa together- they broke up once for like two months where they remained into each other the whole time, but that was it. Brenda went to Paris for part of one summer and Kelly, who was Brenda's best friend, hooked up with Dylan. Brenda and Dylan were together for awhile after she came back, she could tell something was wrong and broke up with him (although she didn't know what), and he acted in the aftermath like Kelly was someone he randomly happened to date. They finally told Brenda the truth, DK had a disaster of an attempt of a relationship and broke up during college, and before Brenda left at the end of the season she and Dylan slept together again. Kelly got together with Brenda's twin brother Brandon and they were...man, together for several years off and on, I think. Dylan got married, but his wife was murdered on their wedding night. He left town, eventually found Brenda in London (Kelly was with Brandon), and they were referenced as being together for roughly another two years. Dylan eventually came back, but he and Kelly were only alluded to having gotten together in the series finale.

In other words, they are both downplaying a profound connection between Dylan and Brenda and a relationship that lasted much longer both times than anything Kelly and Dylan did, and they are blaming Brenda for something Kelly did. Brenda never did anything with Dylan while Kelly was with him- in fact, she turned him down. KELLY was the one who hooked up with him behind Brenda's back, and Kelly is treating Brenda like she's not trustworthy. It's bull****. It's classic hateful Kelly, but it's bull****.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

That does sound messed up. It's not an issue for me cause I didn't watch it first hand, but Id go mental, for example, if they re-arranged Marissa's history in an OC remake.

Banish the thought.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread