Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Mischa's Movies #1 B/C That Oscar is going to be her's someday!

Hey guys! I thought this would be a fun thread to chat about all of Mischa's movies!

Mischa's Movies:
1. Polio Water (1995)
2. New York Crossing (1996)
3. Lawn Dogs (1997)
4. Pups (1999)
5. Notting Hill (1999)
6. The Sixth Sense (1999)
7. Paranoid (2000)
8. Skipped Parts (2000)
9. Frankie & Hazel (2000)
10. Lost and Delirious (2001)
11. Julie Johnson (2001)
12. Tart (2001)
13. A Ring of Endless Light (2002)
14. Octane (Pulse) (2003)
15. The OH in Ohio (2005)
16. The Decameron (2006)

My personal fav. movies of hers are, Lawn Dogs, Skipped Parts, & Frankie & Hazel, I love those movies so much!

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 04-06-2005 at 05:36 AM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

I'm really Excited for The Decameron because it Costars Hayden whom I adore beyond words!

(see left) <-------------
Old 03-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, me too! I am so looking forward to that one! And The OH in Ohio, b/c Paul Rudd is the teacher her character has the affair w/& his a QT, lol.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

I can't wait for some of her new movies, they all sound so great! And any Mischa would be great
always2nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

One of my favs is Skipped Parts.

She's so fantastic in that one.
Will secretly enjoy our time
So kiss on me tonight

---"Kiss on Me" Tyler Hilton
Miss Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Totally! I have all her DVDs available on DVD, & even though some of the movies I might not like as much as others, her performance is so great in all of them!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Katie
One of my favs is Skipped Parts.

She's so fantastic in that one.
That's the quirkiest movie ever! I thought she was excellent in it too though. She's played a lot of challenging roles for someone so young. Going by Skipped Parts, Lawn Dogs and Tart. I haven't really seen her in anything other than older cable movies so I'm looking forward to her upcoming films aswell.

I didn't know she'd done theatre work. Her Neutrogena ad just started airing here in Australia, incidentally.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
*OvErPrOtEcTeD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, Skipped Parts is the best! That movie cracks me up, it's just so blunt & they're still so young, lol. Mischa got her very first kiss in that movie w/Brad Renfro.

Yeah, I wish I could have seen some of her theater.

Omg, she is excellent in Lawn Dogs w/Sam Rockwell, I love that movie! And that had one of the BEST endings to a movie EVER!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I didn't know she'd done theatre work. Her Neutrogena ad just started airing here in Australia, incidentally.
AWW! Her commericials are so cute! I use Neutrogena b/c of her.
Will secretly enjoy our time
So kiss on me tonight

---"Kiss on Me" Tyler Hilton
Miss Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok, I have this weird obsession w/Neutrogena...it all started back in '98 when Jennifer Love Hewitt was the Neutrogena Girl, & then I've just stuck w/loving it, lol. So, I was more than excited when I found out Mischa was the latest face of the campaign.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN - I'm just trying to remember what happened in the end (of Lawn Dogs). It's been a while since I watched it. I remember little things like how she tied ribbons in the tree, the pet turtle, how she tried to run away from home, and when she showed the trailer dude the scar from her open heart surgery and everyone got the idea he was a pedophile. I vaguely remember another guy who actually was a pedophile too. Was that right?

The bluntness of Skipped Parts was so engaging. I couldn't stop watching it once I started. It was shocking but endearing at the same time. I felt so sorry for all the dysfunctional families, but at least it all worked out for them in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Katie
AWW! Her commericials are so cute! I use Neutrogena b/c of her.
Yeah, they are. She sells it well. I haven't used Neutrogena for a years. Back when they only had cleansing bars. I'm on the hunt for a new facial wash so must give that a go!

icon by *Evie
Old 03-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
PiCkLeS4dAwSoN - I'm just trying to remember what happened in the end (of Lawn Dogs). It's been a while since I watched it. I remember little things like how she tied ribbons in the tree, the pet turtle, how she tried to run away from home, and when she showed the trailer dude the scar from her open heart surgery and everyone got the idea he was a pedophile. I vaguely remember another guy who actually was a pedophile too. Was that right?

The bluntness of Skipped Parts was so engaging. I couldn't stop watching it once I started. It was shocking but endearing at the same time. I felt so sorry for all the dysfunctional families, but at least it all worked out for them in the end.

Yeah, they are. She sells it well. I haven't used Neutrogena for a years. Back when they only had cleansing bars. I'm on the hunt for a new facial wash so must give that a go!
Yeah, the part where she showed Sam Rockwell's character her scar & they got the wrong idea about him, was kinda near the end...before he hit Tracker. And no, there wasn't another guy that turned out to be a sleeze, but most of them cheated, lol. The very ending is what I was referring to, right before she tied all the red ribbons to the tree, you know, the part where she's telling the story of the girl who ran away & got free. I love how she tells him to throw down the towel & a river will rise above him & it does & then the comb & a forest will grow behind him, & it does. Just the visual effects, awesome!

And yeah, in Skipped Parts, the bluntness was really engaging! I loved Sam & Maury, they were so sweet! My fav. quote of the entire movie:

Sam: Do you practice sex with Dothan?
Maury: Of course not silly, he's my boyfriend.

LMAO! I friggin' adore that quote, how cute is that though?!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Ah, yes! Thanks for filling in the blanks. I remember now. Poor Tracker. I remember the story and how he escaped as she told it. That was very clever, not to mention visually stunning. Damn, I want to see it again now!

Ha! That was adorable. Maury treated it like this clinical investigation. Oh, and when Sam's mother tried to instruct them about sex, and used food as an example. Tacos and something else... I'll have to look for Skipped Parts in my unlabelled tape collection. I'm *pretty* sure I have it somewhere. I wish I'd taped Lawn Dogs too.

Wow! It's way past my bed time. Time flies when you're talking Mischa movies! Nice chatting to you, PiCkLeS4dAwSoN.

icon by *Evie
Old 03-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, the end of Lawn Dogs was truly one of the best movie endings ever, I just remember being so in aww of that ending! It was visually beautiful, I loved it! And yeah, poor Tracker. Oh, I loved how after Devon shot that guy, Trent took the rest of the bullets out of the gun, that was so awesome of him!

Omg, that part w/Lydia showing Sam & Maury how to "Practice Sex" as they always called it was great, lol.

Aww, it was nice meeting you as well...Nat, is it. I'm, Anji, by the way.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

It was awesome of him to do that. I love how just when you think you know the characters at that point, they're still developing and not at all predictable. There's nothing generic about them.

Tehee! That's right. Practise sex. The taco analogy cracked me up.

Nice to meet you too, Anji! I'm Kat.

Would anyone be able to give me a brief rundown on Lost and Delirious and/or A Ring Of Endless Light? They seem to be favourites among Mischa's movies.

icon by *Evie
Reply   Post New Thread