Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Poor Mischa! She really is having a bad year, isn't she?...
Old 10-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I also didn't realize she was with one of the guys she sued.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I haven't really read the fine details of it all, as I'm still so angry that she can't seem to get a break right now.

According to her latest Instagram Stories posts, she's not in LA, as it seems like she's in CT.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Hm, that’s interesting.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Why "interesting"?

And her latest Instagram picture hints that she's back in New York now.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I was wondering if she was working there, as it isn't one of her "home bases", so to speak.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

From her posts, it seems more like a personal trip to me.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

She lived on the East Coast for a lot of her childhood, so she could definitely just have friends there- I know a lot of people who lived in NYC during grad school who live in CT now.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Loyal Fan

It does seem from the latest posts we have that she's still in the NYC area, but no clues as to why.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I always thought she'd move back to NYC once The OC ended, because she was so vocal about missing it when she was working on the show, but it may be that business in LA is hard to cut ties with.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not sure that she's permanently relocated. I think she'd probably like to, but as you say, it'd be hard to cut ties with LA because that's where most of the business is. Then again, she's also said how she'd love to live somewhere in the English countryside.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I don't think LA is great for her in general, but it's really hard to avoid it unless you're in theater. Or Mariska Hargitay, lol.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I always say that the whole of California is like a box of muesli - full of fruits, nuts and flakes! (I've got good friends in both California and New York, so I know what both are like.)

I've also got both family and friends in the media and entertainment industries in both the UK and US, plus some personal experience of dealing with the media and TV production companies (which has even got me my own IMDb entry!). So I also have a fair understanding of a lot of the stuff that goes off there too.

While some of my US-based friends who are in the entertainment industry may be able to live in places like New York or Florida, they still have to travel to LA fairly regularly for stuff, so I know how LA-focused things can be.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

It's worse now than it used to be, too. So many of the New York based TV shows have ended. All the remaining soaps moved to the West Coast. It's cheaper to film in LA. Although it's cheaper still to film in places like Charlotte, lol, so some shows are branching into other places. Or filming in Canada.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lather (View Post)
Well, I always say that the whole of California is like a box of muesli - full of fruits, nuts and flakes! (I've got good friends in both California and New York, so I know what both are like.)

I've also got both family and friends in the media and entertainment industries in both the UK and US, plus some personal experience of dealing with the media and TV production companies (which has even got me my own IMDb entry!). So I also have a fair understanding of a lot of the stuff that goes off there too.

While some of my US-based friends who are in the entertainment industry may be able to live in places like New York or Florida, they still have to travel to LA fairly regularly for stuff, so I know how LA-focused things can be.
"Full of fruits, nuts and flakes" - I like that!! My own favorite quote about California is about how San Francisco is "49 square miles surrounded entirely by reality".

And you've got your own IMDb entry? Cool! (What's it for?)

Yeah, it does seem like most shows now film much of each episode in LA, and just make short trips once or twice per season to NYC or elsewhere to film specific location scenes that they can't realistically do in the studios or on a back lot. So it would be hard for Mischa to completely escape LA, as even if she was living in NYC, she'd still have to travel to LA for much of the filming work.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread