Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mischa Barton Annoyed To Be Mainly Remembered For The OC: 'I've Done Much More' - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

I'm annoyed she said this. I mean, come on, yes she has done other things besides The OC, but its what made her famous and it's made her who she is today. Not too many people have seen her post OC projects, and while its not necessarily her fault, she can't blame people for remembering her from that show. I can understand her frustration, but really, to be annoyed is, well, annoying. She needs to be realistic about her fame.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, she was directly asked, and I think from her perspective, she had a pretty bad experience. Would anyone want to be remembered for a role in which they got fired because critics insisted they ruined the whole project? Yes, the ratings gave her the last laugh, but she really can't say that, lol. She wasn't wholly negative, she just doesn't want to be remembered only for that. If she hadn't been treated so badly by Josh and co and the critics, I might feel differently.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I'm of two minds on this topic. On one had, most actors would kill to be part of a pop culture phenomenon. But on the other hand, you've got so many actors who do one big thing and the public never gives them a chance outside of that.

If Mischa knew what she was getting herself into, I kinda think she would have passed on The OC entirely. But by the same token, if she doesn't want to be known for The OC, then she maybe has to start picking studio movies or consider a return to television. People will only let you forget the past if you're visible in the present.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I have not seen The Oc, when I was on, I don't think it was ever shown here. But take James Bond, and The Doctor from Doctor Who, both are popular characters (to say the least), and are the kind of roles that an actor will never shake off, never mind how hard they try or how fast they run from it, it will always be there. Maybe Mischa should just embrace the fondness people have for the show.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'd agree with that, Sam. The only real way to break out of a so-called iconic role is to get another big and notable role (I bet in 1995, no one thought Chris Noth would ever be known as anyone but Mike Logan- until Mr. Big came along on SatC).
Old 04-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Exactly! She needs to do bigger projects, if she can anyways. Unfortunately as far as commercial recognition goes, The OC was the height of it. She has to understand that the general public, and even some of her fans (I will say its stupid and annoying to see people say "I loved the OC' or "I love you Marissa Cooper"! on instagram and twitter and whatnot) will mainly remember her from the OC. Her post OC projects just haven't had much exposure. Also, its kind of a given that its really hard to shake off a tv character image, sad, but just facts. She should be given credit for her other work, but sadly, much of her post OC stuff isn't very good, and she has to realize that The OC partly made her who she is today (which she sort of has but kind of seems to struggle with it).
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Couple more from the 24 hours guy:
Richard Bachellor @bachellor Instagram photos | Webstagram

And this was the other pic:

Looks like Mischa is an FBI agent Giving me Rachael Taylor vibes a la Crisis.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'm loving the idea of her as an FBI agent! Criminal Minds guest spot, plz.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:16 PM
New Fan

So it looks like A Prayer For Rain is now airing on HBO MAX, not sure if it'll air in the states though:http://www.hbomax.tv/sinopsis.aspx?prog=CDC225647
Old 04-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Extreme Fan

And it's not the UK either. I'm surprised it isn't airing in the US first, you lot get almost everything first.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it makes it to the US soon This movie seems to have been made really well, so I can't wait to see it.

In other news, Mischa spoke with a bridal magazine while in Rome:
Mischa Barton on dress tips, first dance tunes and her ideal husband!

She says she's working on her bag line again and the re-launch of an online store
Old 04-08-2014, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I definitely agree with her advice on ignoring what's trendy right now in a wedding dress. I've had friends regret theirs in a couple years for that very reason, lol.

Also, this one is gorgeous:

http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-co...e-mischa-2.jpg
Old 04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

We have an event coming up

Mischa Barton to be Celebrity Ambassador for BritWeek’s Robertson Shopping Boulevard Stroll | westsidetoday.com
Old 04-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yayyyy! PICTURES.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Teaser trailer for 24 Hours

Closed Thread   Post New Thread