Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Someone is busy, even if some of them make it into production, it's going to be an expensive year with buying them all on DVD.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

That first one looks intriguing- I'd like to know more.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Holy cow, so much info to take in lol. The first one does sounds pretty interesting, although mischa seems to be the only recongnizable actor (not necessarily a bad thing though)

Also, another movie called daisy scarlett has been added to her development list. I can't see the details though cause I don't have IMDB pro.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

This is the synopsis for Daisy Scarlett:

Quote:
An MI6 Officer tracks a psychotic former member of the SAS who is trafficking human organs, discovering they are intended for a darker, more sinister purpose.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Huh. LOL. I mean, it sounds very interesting and also strange. Presumably some spin off of the "you're found in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney" urban legend.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

It def does sound interesting and strange. Wonder where Mischa would fit into it.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sigh, so apparently a lot of these new films she's doing are related to her mothers company. Thats not necessarily a terrible thing but it kind of feels like her mom is the only one getting her work?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Well, The Hoarder, Kickback, Phantasmagoria and The Legacy of Avril Kyte are seemingly not Mania projects.

Nuala is a manager turned producer, so having your manger involved in the development of a film from the very beginning and giving you top priority on any project... that's a great thing.

And since most of the Mania movies are in development, it's likely that Mischa will have plenty of time to do other projects in between. And that's assuming that all the Mania movies even go ahead. Development can often take years.

I guess the bottom line is that any production company, especially independent ones, almost always find it easier to get financing when a named actor is involved. Nuala has that built-in with Mischa, and Mischa has the benefit of access to a wide range of roles.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with what you said. I guess for me I just don't want Mischa to only stick to fims under her mom's company. A lot of these projects do sound interesting, but it would be interesting to see her branch out a little bit. If that makes sense.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
This is the synopsis for Daisy Scarlett:

An MI6 Officer tracks a psychotic former member of the SAS who is trafficking human organs, discovering they are intended for a darker, more sinister purpose.
I have my fingers crossed that Mischa is the MI6 Officer.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A lot of these projects do sound interesting, but it would be interesting to see her branch out a little bit. If that makes sense.
Definitely.

Quote:
I have my fingers crossed that Mischa is the MI6 Officer.
I would love to see that
Old 02-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yeah, I'd like to see her in a badass role like that.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I wouldn't expect Jane Bond, but I would be intrigues to see Mischa play an MI6 Agent.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Another movie!

Quote:
Ghost Station being shot in London this summer

A paranormal thriller called Ghost Station inspired by true events surrounding an abandoned subway station built on top of a graveyard will bring actress Mischa Barton to London this summer.

A co-production of London’s Hackybox Pictures, Clearblack Films and Cheshire Smile Productions, the film will be shot in London and Toronto. Joining Barton (The OC, The Sixth Sense) on screen will be Hackybox president and actor Cody Hackman (Tapped).

“It’s going to be cool to have (Barton) in London because it’s predominantly a student town. They’ll be familiar with her from The OC,” Hackman said.

Screenwriter and novelist Jenna Mattison (For The Love of Money, The Third Wish) is responsible for the script and Michelle Weisler, producer of The Ring and Trouble With The Curve, is also on board.

Additional cast will be announced later, but Hackman hinted that a star from the hit FX show Sons of Anarchy is also involved.

Ghost Station is the second film recently announced by Hackybox to be partially shot in London this year. Last week, Hackman confirmed that he and Academy Award-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr. will star in a buddy cop action/comedy called Gridlocked, which will also be shot between locations in Toronto and London.

Hackman’s Hackybox Pictures got off the ground in 2012 with Tapped — a mixed martial arts movie shot primarily in London and expected to be released this spring.

Hackman said Ghost Station isn’t only the next major project interested in locations in London, it also offers him a chance to work in a genre he hasn’t done before.

“From what I’ve read of (Mattison’s) work, she did a really good job,” he said. “It’s definitely going to be different. I haven’t really done a thriller. It’s diversifying me as an actor.”

“I’ve heard so many people say movies won’t work in London, that’s what I’ve been up against,” he added. “It’s not that it can’t work … it’s happening, it’s a reality.”
Ghost Station being shot in London this summer | Londoner

It is a little funny that the article is all about bringing Mischa to London, lol.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Wonder which SoA actor?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread