Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Mischa News and Appearances #26: new movie rumor smells...........of Oscar!!

Mischa recently went to Cannes. Check out this gorgeous .gif from Chiara to see pictures and head over to Mischa-b if you want to see more!

All is fairly quiet on the Mischa front- we’re waiting for the release of her movies to know much more. However, we do have a new great media outlet courtesy of Sam and Mischa-b- check it out:

Mischa Media��

VIRGIN TERRITORY

Currently screening theatrically and available as a DVD rental in Greece. US release plans are still pending and are not expected until the year 2097.

CLOSING THE RING

Official website is located here.

Mischa-B.com Gallery - DVD Captures

Mischa-B.com Gallery - DVD Special Features

The film recently completed its theatrical run in the UK with a DVD release slated for April 21st.

Currently screening theatrically in Australia and Spain, the movie will next be rolled out in the Czech Republic and The Netherlands.

ST. TRINIAN'S

Currently screening theatrically in the UK and is slated to open in Australia on March 27th. Also, new stills have been released.

Mischa-B.com Gallery - Promotional

Mischa-B.com Gallery - DVD Captures

ASSASSINATION OF A HIGH SCHOOL PRESIDENT

Had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January and recently showed at the SXSW film festivals. To rave reviews!

The film is expected to open theatrically in the US in September 2008.

They added the recent new stills to the Facebook page:
Assassination of a High School President's Photos - New Publicity Stills | Facebook

They also added a new graphic:

The same graphic also now appears as the lead image on the Yari Film Group Facebook.
Yari Film Group | Facebook

Along with this little one:

WALLED IN

***NEW***
The trailer for this has been released!

YouTube - Walled In Trailer

Official website located here.

Expected to be released theatrically in Fall 2008 following the release of a graphic novel.

Several promotional images have surfaced of the film:

View images

Don't Fade Away, You and I and Homecoming are currently in post production.
Mischa has recently been dropped from Malice in Wonderland for scheduling conflict.

Mischa will be at the Comic Con in San Diego

The Totally Tentative TV-Show Panel Schedule for July's Comic-Con

Update, June 26: From WWK sources, added specific Lost panel time, Entertainment Weekly show runners panel, Bones and American Dad to Friday, and info about TV stars doing non-TV panels at the Con. Also, added Dollhouse panel time to Saturday (via Pie Spoilers), and added MST3K panel time to Friday (via mst3kinfo.com and Erik H.).

Update, June 25: Added Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog to Friday (WWK source).

Update, June 22: Added MythBusters to Saturday (WWK source); added Ghost Whisperer exact time to Sunday (via Seat42f); added Doctor Who and Torchwood to "other shows" list, working to confirm panel time.

The Con is coming! The Con is coming!

Yes, San Diego Comic-Con 2008 is just a few short weeks away, with good friends like Lost, Heroes, The Office and Dexter scheduled to attend. I was sorting out my personal itinerary and realized I might not be the only one trying to figure out what TV stuff is happening at the Con.

So I beat a few bushes (dirty) and flushed out (dirtier!) the schedule of TV-show events and panels. This is totally unofficial, unauthorized and subject to change (especially if there is an actors' strike), but click in for the current scheme of things as we approach Nerdvana.

Thursday, July 24

10–11 a.m.: Kings

11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.: Knight Rider

5:45–6:45 p.m.: Dexter

Friday, July 25

10:15–11:15 a.m.: The Big Bang Theory

12:15–1:15 p.m.: Stargate Atlantis

1:30–2:30 p.m.: Joss Whedon panel featuring Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and Dark Horse Comics' Buffy: Season Eight

3–4 p.m.: Ghost Hunters

7:15–8:15 p.m.: Mystery Science Theater 3000, 20th-anniversary panel

TBD: Fox series, including American Dad (likely a morning session, featuring a table read and giveaways), 24, Bones and Prison Break; Entertainment Weekly show runners panel, including Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse

Saturday, July 26

10:45–11:45 a.m.: Heroes

11:30–12:30 p.m.: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

12–1 p.m.: Lost

12:45–1:45 p.m.: The Office writers with Rainn Wilson

1–2 p.m.: Dollhouse

2:15–3:15 p.m.: Battlestar Galactica

3:15–4:15 p.m.: Pushing Daisies

3:30–4:30 p.m.: Chuck

4:45–5:45 p.m.: Fringe

4:45–5:45 p.m.: Eureka

6–7 p.m.: Jason Smilovic of My Own Worst Enemy and Ronald D. Moore of Virtuality, TV Guide panel

7:15–8:15 p.m.: MythBusters

Sunday, July 27

10–11a.m.: Smallville

10:30–11:30 a.m.: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Supernatural

1:45–2:45 p.m.: Ghost Whisperer

TV Stars on Non-TV Panels

Thursday: Julie Benz for Punisher: War Zone, Autumn Reeser for Lost Boys 2 DVD, Kal Penn for Harold and Kumar DVD

Friday: Mischa Barton for Assassination of a High School President, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Malin Akerman for Watchmen

Source: Watch with Kristin - The Totally Tentative TV-Show Panel Schedule for July's Comic-Con

Mischa is on the cover of Cosmopolitan (Turkey), thanks to Nil for the scans and translating it

Cosmotest with Mischa

1.Name: Mischa Barton

2.Nick Name: Misch Meep

3.What would you want to be if you werent an actress?
Environmentalist

4.Which part of your body do you like most?
My Stomach

5.Which part of your body do people compliment mostly?
My Eyes

6.Is there anything you feel distrustful about yourself?
My buttom when I put on weight it becomes round but all the same I love it guess.

7.Your weirdest phobia?
Car Accidents

8.Whats the thing that your friends make fun of you mostly?
My serious clumsiness also not knowing how to use a computer.

9.What makes you angry?
When people call me fame-to-be or famous.

10.What do you do when you are alone at home?
Reading and sleeping with my dogs in bed.

11.How a guy becomes sexy?
if he can sing.

12.How a guy loses his charm?
if he loses his imagination.

13.What is the best relationship recommendation that you have ever taken?
I always give the recommandations.

14.How many times you fell in love?
Twice.

15.Why do you feel distrustful?
Because sometimes I become very quiet.

16.What was the most embrrassing thing that you've ever faced?
to tell fake stories to my conservative Irish relatives about my news which take place on the media.

17.What would you wish to be more?
I wish I would be more organized.

18.If we take a look at your bag what will we see certainly?
iPod and lipstick.

19.What do you want to do on your first date?
going a concert

20.What makes you look sexiest?
Jean and a chic blouse.

21.What's your favorite food?
mashed potatoes.

22.You never date a guy.......................
if he has already children.

23.Whats your worst habbit?
dropping the sport activities

24.Favorite movie
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

25.Have people ever confused you with someone else?
No,I haven't faced a situation like that.

26.The most shocking thing about you
I have never been stung by a bee.

27.What do you do on a common Saturday?
working or sleeping.

BARTON TAKES MILLER'S PLACE IN INDIA FILM

Former THE O.C. star MISCHA BARTON has replaced British actress SIENNA MILLER in the cast of new movie BHOPAL: A PRAYER FOR RAIN.
The Alfie actress had been lined up to take the female lead in the film, which focuses on the story of a chemical spillage in India.
But now 22-year-old Barton will join former West Wing star Martin Sheen in the picture, which is due for release later this year (08)

MISCHA BARTON - BARTON TAKES MILLER'S PLACE IN INDIA FILM

Marie Claire is now reporting the news too:
Barton takes over Miller role | Celebrity gossip | Marie Claire

Barton takes over Miller role

Looks like Sienna Miller is not only having a topsy-turvy love life – but her film roles are unsettled, too.

The Edge of Love star is set to be replaced by Mischa Barton in an upcoming Indian movie, set for release later this year.

Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain, is directed by Ravi Kumar and follows the story of a chemical spillage in India.

Sienna was lined up to take the female lead, but the 22-year-old former OC star will now join Julie Delpy and Martin Sheen on-screen instead

Gok's Fashion Fix: look fabulous for less

A brand new magazine series that rips the label off fashion to prove you don't need to spend a fortune to look fabulous, presented by Gok Wan and Alexa Chung.

In front of a studio audience, Gok takes on designer clothes chosen by the most powerful buyers in the fashion business with a collection he's sourced entirely from the high street.

In a catwalk face-off the audience vote on which is the best collection.

Along the way Gok teaches viewers everything they need to know about what to wear this summer and how to wear it.

Alexa Chung road tests the fashions we love: this week she puts high heels through their paces in the ultimate stiletto race.

Each week Gok rummages through the drawers of celebrities in search of dirty laundry and style secrets, including film legend Joan Collins, former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Hollywood starlet Mischa Barton and Kelly Osbourne.

Gok also launches a nationwide search for a style icon, which will culminate in a grand finale to crown the UK's Most Stylish Person, with his first stop in Liverpool.

And Alexa takes a sneaky peek inside the lives of the kings - and queens - of designer fashion.

This week she samples the lavish lifestyle of red carpet designer Roberto Cavalli at his castle in Florence. Karl Lagerfeld of Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Lacroix, Luella and Missoni are lined up for future shows.

Is Gok Wan the untimate fashion guru? Have a say in our TV Programmes Forum >

Programme 1/8 is on Channel 4 at 8pm on Thursday 26th June 2008.

Source: Gok's Fashion Fix: Look fabulous for less

DON'T MISS THE NEWS ABOUT MISCHA'S HANDBAG COLLECTION YOU CAN FIND HERE!

Carry on!
...as an ordinary day I PRAYED FOR YOU A THOUSAND TIMES...
Old 07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Absolute Fan

My scans and my translation of the CHI article I mentioned on the prev thread!
As usual, close an eye on my mistakes, lol.

Mischa on italian magazine CHI (9 July)

Quote:
I'M A ROMANTIC, ACCORDING TO BOCCACCIO
Cannes, July
"A journey into innocence, romance and idealism towards the passion, to discover the funniest side of sex". That's how Mischa Barton, the young actress who owes her popularity to the TV series The O.C., defines her intense adventure on the set of the movie Decameron Pie ( ), one of the films we're looking forward the most in the next season. Movie will land in italian cinemas in October, produced by Dino De Lauretiis and Roberto Cavalli, who also designed all the costumes. The cast includes Hayden Christensen, Tim Roth and Anna Galiena as well. In this contemporary transposition of Boccaccio's masterpiece, which was filmed in Florence, Bracciano, the countryside around Siena and the studios of Cinecitta', Mischa Barton plays the role of the most sensual object of desire: Pampinea Anastagi, heiress of a rich family from Florence...a city devastated with the so-called 'Black Death' because of the plague epidemic in 1348.
"My Decameron Pie is a novel set out of time, dealing with love, sex, adventure, freedom, rebellion, dreams: all topics that young people have got to face up, nowadays as much as in the past" explains producer D. De Laurentiis.
"My character is very chast and romantic...you won't ever see me naked, not in one scene" tells the actress who, in this modern fairy tale where love, eros and rules infringement mix together, falls in love with the charming Lorenzo De Lamberti played by Hayden Christensen (Star Wars). "On the set, I succeed in seducing the handsome Lorenzo with a kiss, just one kiss".
A very hot kiss, that apparently left its mark even after the shooting was over. "No love story was born on the set. Every time you have to kiss one of your co-stars because it's on the script, they automatically assume you're dating them". That's the comment of the actress who's been hanging out for some months with musician Taylor Locke from Rooney, after she had been single for a while for breaking up with Whitestarr's rocker Cisco Adler (they dated from August 2005 to February 2007). Barton has recently followed her new boyfriend on tour all around Europe, like the most passionate groupie ever. And Europe itself has become her favourite destination in the last few months. The actress, born in London from an Irish mother she loves to death, settled in NY when she was just 5...although she has lately run away from the temptations of Hollywood (where she owns an amazing mansion on the hills of Beverly Hills) after that sad December, 27th when she was arrested for DUI, marjuana possession and driving with an expired license. She got away with a 1700$ fine, 3 years of probation and a 3-month special class about alcohol awareness she must attend. "Of course I am 100% responsible of my actions...I mean I am not perfect and I do not intend doing something so stupid again..." she comments.
After being processed, Mischa Barton flew to Paris. "I've always wished to live there!" confesses the actress, who will soon star next to Bruce Willis on Assassination of a High School President. Paris looks like the perfect city for an actress who's also become a style icon throughout the years. "I love to root out vintage items in some old markets. I mix them with designer clothes. But my mom's the real stylish member of the family. She's Irish but she grew up in the swinging London of the Sixties and was a photographer for a long time" tells us Mischa, who is about to launch her first handbag collection, completely designed by the actress herself and inspired by the vintage suggestions she gathered travelling all around the world. Her creations will be available from this July in UK stores.

Last edited by MiScHa <3; 07-03-2008 at 10:39 AM
Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chiara! You rock!

Thanks for all of those and the new thread!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the scans and the interview Mischa looks amazing.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Absolute Fan

lol why thank you lover!
And thanks gemma!

I hope it's ok I started it..no one was around..XD

VIDEO:
X17 Xclusive - June 30th, 2008: Mischa Barton was at Platinum Equity Monday afternoon. Perhaps she was there to discuss her new line of handbags, because when asked about it she said things were going "great."

Mischa Barton Videos | X17 Xclusive: Mischa Barton At Platinum Equity
Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Absolute Fan

I Mischa's dress so much. And she's so sweet!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Mischa was not on Gok's Fashion Fix today, so it's looks like she will be on show on July 17

|Andrea Joy Cook|Christian Bale|Dianna Agron|Joshua Hutcherson|Reese Witherspoon||Thomas Cruise|

Old 07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Amazing scans SHe looks beautiful!!

Thanks Chiara.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maalibu (View Post)
Mischa was not on Gok's Fashion Fix today, so it's looks like she will be on show on July 17
I know, I was disappointed. Can't wait until she's on the show though.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

LOL. Mel is gonna be so angry with me.

I've been annoying her to cap it for me all week.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

My life in shopping: Mischa Barton

You must have a lot of clothes.
Yeah, and I'm bad. I never throw anything out.

Do you enjoy shopping for them?
I do, particularly for vintage ... But I'm not big into the act of trying things on. I just like scrounging around for stuff.
I'll only try it on if it looks like a really suspicious buy.

Where's good for vintage in the States?
Well, in Los Angeles there's The Way We Wore, Decades, Resurrection in New York and LA, What Goes Around Comes Around in New York. They've all got funny names.

Who do you shop with?
I style myself, so I either like going alone or with my two close friends. I trust those girls' taste. It's nice to have another opinion as I'm the type of person who just keeps loading stuff on until you tell me to stop.

What's in your shopping basket?
I love fruit and vegetables. I eat most things, but I eat healthily. I like Air One which is the organic supermarket. And PC Greens. I'm a juice freak. I've got an industrial juicer at home, but I like getting a cucumber, spinach, apple and celery from there.

What can't you live without?
My iPod. I buy a lot of music. I listen mostly to classic rock. Led Zeppelin, Band America, Modest Mouse, Kings of Leon, things like that.

Not your BlackBerry then?
Yeah, that's pretty essential, but I wish I could live without it sometimes.

· Mischa Barton's new handbag range is launched this month. For stockist details call 0207-631 4020

Source: My life in shopping: Mischa Barton, actor | Fashion and style | Life and Health

|Andrea Joy Cook|Christian Bale|Dianna Agron|Joshua Hutcherson|Reese Witherspoon||Thomas Cruise|

Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
LOL. Mel is gonna be so angry with me.

I've been annoying her to cap it for me all week.
LOL, I have too!!!!!!! *hides behind Sam*

Juice Freak!
Old 07-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey Sam!! The new mischa-b layout PWNS!!!!!! I FLOVE IT! Dirrty!

*bows*
Old 07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you like it, Chiara
Old 07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Magazine covers. InStyle. Nylon. Etc. Now. Thanks.