Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Passionate Fan

It's kind of funny, but I'm not really that big on angst. I do like a lot of the angsty Marissa moments, but it's Marissa's personality that kind of draws me in the most. And I love how Mischa played her too.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I am an angst whore.
Me too. It's my absolute favorite. Give me drama over comedy any day, although I love it most when a character has both.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Can I be added? Love Marissa, she's my favorite female character from the show.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Adding you right now!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Welcome! It's always nice to see another Marissa fan Do you have any favorite Marissa scenes?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Nice to meet you

Quote:
Do you have any favorite Marissa scenes?
Hmm, it's hard to choose a specific scene, but I thought it was a really strong moment for her when she let Ryan go to be with Theresa in S1. She was really understanding and supportive even though it destroyed her.

I also like the scene in S3, when she's helping Kaitlin and her friend out, and she's walking up to that guy while "Cherry Bomb" is playing. That one's funny
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Nice to meet you too I'm Monica, btw. What's your name?

Quote:
Hmm, it's hard to choose a specific scene, but I thought it was a really strong moment for her when she let Ryan go to be with Theresa in S1. She was really understanding and supportive even though it destroyed her.
ITA

Quote:
I also like the scene in S3, when she's helping Kaitlin and her friend out, and she's walking up to that guy while "Cherry Bomb" is playing. That one's funny
Yeah, it is, lol.

This was a really small moment, but I always loved it when Marissa kissed Ryan's cheek in the Rescue (after the confrontation with Julie). It was just so sweet and touching

http://www.mischa-b.com/gallery/albu...ture%20219.jpg
Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm Malin

Quote:
I always loved it when Marissa kissed Ryan's cheek in the Rescue
Yeah, I just watched that episode, and it's really sweet. I'm re-watching The OC atm

I really like your icon, btw. I enjoy the Seth/Marissa moments.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Malin. I'm Theresa.

Aw, I love when Marissa kisses Ryan's cheek in The Rescue. She was so grateful to him for all he did for her in that episode and it really shows. RM.

I also love when Marissa stops Sadie at the airport.

Quote:
Marissa was great in that episode. I loved her in that episode. She understood why Ryan had to go. You could tell it destroyed Ryan to go too, but I respect how responsible he was, especially since I have so many friends who grew up without fathers and who had scumbag dads that refused to pay child support. It's a common mistake for a teenager to get a girl pregnant and it's one that is forgivable (you can even get pregnant with the use of condoms or birth control cause one of my friends did), and it takes a man to do the right thing and be there for the kid and on the show, Ryan sacrificed everything he loved (the Cohens, Marissa, school) to be a father. That's love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornWhite (View Post)
Welcome! It's wonderful you love Marissa!

Just curious, who's your favorite male character from the show? Mine is obvious.

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 07-21-2011 at 09:20 PM
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm re-watching The OC atm
Oh, that's cool! I'd like to do a re-watch too, but right now I'm in the middle of Gossip Girl, lol. Has it been a while since you watched the OC?

Quote:
I really like your icon, btw. I enjoy the Seth/Marissa moments.
Aw, thanks! I'm obsessed with SM, lol.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I LOVE the Marissa/Kaitlin 3x24 plot. It was unfortunate they wasted so much of Marissa and Kaitlin's initial story on Johnny when there was much more more between them to explore.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I LOVE the Marissa/Kaitlin 3x24 plot. It was unfortunate they wasted so much of Marissa and Kaitlin's initial story on Johnny when there was much more more between them to explore.
That's so true.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think Kaitlin was justifiably resentful at being basically dismissed, while Marissa had more of a front-row seat to the nightmare of their parents and might have rather been kept from all of it. It was interesting drama that was almost never touched on so Josh could do another quadrangle.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Just curious, who's your favorite male character from the show?
You couldn't be a Ryan fan?

It's hard, cause I really like both Seth and Ryan. Seth can be such a moron, but I gotta love him for being so dorky. Ryan's more mature and calm, which I like too. So, I don't know.. And Sandy's great also.

Quote:
Oh, that's cool! I'd like to do a re-watch too, but right now I'm in the middle of Gossip Girl, lol. Has it been a while since you watched the OC?
I used to watch Gossip Girl too, but I stopped watching after I saw the first episodes of S3. I just lost interest. I'm a book fan, a Nate&Blair shipper and I hate Chuck, so I like the first two seasons.

I think it's been a year since I last watched The OC, so it's good fun to watch again
Old 07-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I used to watch Gossip Girl too, but I stopped watching after I saw the first episodes of S3. I just lost interest. I'm a book fan, a Nate&Blair shipper and I hate Chuck, so I like the first two seasons.
I see I haven't read the book. I kind of like a lot of the couples on the show. Right now I'm watching S3 for the first time and I really like Dan/Vanessa. I didn't like Chuck at first, but he's grown on me.

Quote:
I think it's been a year since I last watched The OC, so it's good fun to watch again
Cool!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread