Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
I'm obsessed with this scene.
It's a great scene. And she looks very pretty in it.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 06-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't really have a favorite Marissa scene. I love her in so many scenes. All the ones you guys have mentioned are really great

Speaking of The College Try, I also really like that scene towards the end when Marissa went back home to check on Ryan. I love scenes that show how nice and caring she was

I'm still a little bitter about Marissa being killed off. Sometimes I'll be watching a scene and I'll be thinking to myself, why would they ever kill her off? Sigh. This show has affected me too much, lol.

Last edited by dcfriends; 06-22-2011 at 05:44 AM
Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'll never think it was a good idea. You don't put characters who are basically good people if misguided and troubled through SO much hell and just kill them off. There's supposed to be pay-off. It isn't that. And I'll forever be bothered by Josh's "Tragedy in her DNA" crap, because I think that's offensive. It suggests every troubled depressed teenage girl is doomed to die. But I can watch it now, at least clips and stuff, without getting so mad, lol. I can enjoy Marissa's arc even if I don't like the end. Again, at least it's not GA where Meredith is still alive, but I almost wish she wasn't as opposed to being stuck in the hellish nightmare that is MerDer, where I can't even respect her for staying with Derek.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Adding to the tragedy in her DNA comment, I found it hilarious when they were talking about needing to get rid of Marissa to 'lighten' the show.

People, YOU write Marissa. If you want her lighter, write her lighter.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I will never understand writers who don't understand it is solely up to them how characters turn out, lol. Marissa isn't real. You are at perfect liberty to write her as more light-hearted, or to stop giving her Oliver and Johnny type characters (and with Johnny, the problem was compounded by TERRIBLE casting. Ryan D was awful. He couldn't even enter a scene right- he kept startling Mischa, lol).
Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Word to all.

Meanwhile, I think I forgot to mention that I love this title!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I will never understand writers who don't understand it is solely up to them how characters turn out, lol. Marissa isn't real. You are at perfect liberty to write her as more light-hearted, or to stop giving her Oliver and Johnny type characters (and with Johnny, the problem was compounded by TERRIBLE casting. Ryan D was awful. He couldn't even enter a scene right- he kept startling Mischa, lol).
I agree. Johnny wasn't acted out well at all.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

He was horribly miscast, and I'm not sure why they picked him because he was REALLY different in the casting sides. It certainly wasn't his outstanding chemistry with Mischa that did it, lol. She looked like she wanted to clock him in most scenes, which was funny but didn't aid the storyline. There was no believability that she'd be torn between him and Ryan when I'd hardly find it believable she'd be torn between him and Caleb's corpse.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Not stir up some RM drama, but I was bored and made a blend that sums up my feelings on that storyline.

I definitely agree that the Johnny we got on the show was a screw up. But the initial concept they had could have worked a treat.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

The only reason I'd be wary of a Johnny-type character period is because Marissa had already caught so much crap for Oliver and the show in general had really ODed on love triangles and guest star love interests. Ryan and Marissa had a legitimate conflict that did not need a third party. But the casting didn't help. Nor did the fact that the crux of the problem- that Marissa desperately needed to talk about what happened with Trey and Ryan couldn't handle being that person she talked to due to his own guilt about the situation- came up early in the story (in 306) and was completely dropped until 314.

Nice art!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

There are so many things wrong with S3, it's ridiculous. S2 was kind of nuts, but it kept enough of the original tone that it ended up being okay. But the Trey storyline was horribly mishandled and everything with Johnny and that weirdo chick who was after Kirsten, and all that other crap? Awful.

And, even if Marissa survived and they made her a lighter character, I'm not sure it would've helped the show. They lost that S1/S2 tone that made the show fun to watch. Even in S4, when the show was supposedly funny (which, I'm sorry, no. It's just ridiculous). People who laud S4 as a return to form confuse me. I've seen some of S4 and it's so bat**** crazy, I don't know what the hell is going on. It's like S1 and S2 had a nice balance between drama and comedy, S3 was too melodramatic, and S4 was just silly.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I might have quit watching S4 even with Mischa still in it, because nothing pisses me off more than when they try to reform a child abuser. Didn't Ryan's dad hook up with Julie? That's disgusting.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Precisely. WTF?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

There was a season 4?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Yikes. I violated the code.

No Sam, there was no S4.