Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Absolute Fan

My December Discussion #7 - Just Got Certified Platinum in US!!!

My December Discussion Thread #7

OFFICIAL TRACKLISTING
01. Never Again (03:36)
02. One Minute (03:05)
03. Hole (03:01)
04. Sober (04:50)
05. Don't Waste Your Time (03:35)
06. Judas (03:36)
07. Haunted (03:18)
08. Be Still (03:24)
09. Maybe (04:22)
10. How I Feel (03:40)
11. Yeah (02:42)
12. Can I Have A Kiss (03:29)
13. Irvine (04:15)
14. Chivas (03:31)

Release date: June 26th

Links to previous threads:
Untitled 3rd album discussion #2- Yeah, Maybe soon we won't be untitled Anymore.
[Just Titled!] My December Album Discussion #3- It's buzzin all around for this CD!
My December Album Discussion #4~"I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me"
http://www.fanforum.com/f206/my-dece...rner-62800551/
http://www.fanforum.com/f206/my-dece...26th-62803084/

Last edited by stephrox; 12-18-2007 at 02:50 PM
Old 07-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks for the new thread steph!!

S:}"They're my numbers, Ashley..." I say it so she knows what I mean. What I'm implying. So she knows they mean as much to me as the numbers on her wrist."
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Absolute Fan

From Billboard:

Quote:
"American Idol" star Kelly Clarkson's RCA album "My December" falls 3-5 with 59,000 (-48%)
In the U.S Kell has sold about 463,426, in 3 weeks. If Kel sells about 37,000 copies of MD next week she will be certified GOLD.

Quote:
From Idol Chatter:

Kelly Clarkson follows her 61% sales decline the previous week with a further 48% drop, falling from 113,000 to 59,000 units sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. That brings her three-week total to 463,000, likely a week a way from a gold-level 500,000, and -- because it was a subpar sales week in general -- causes a slight drop on the Billboard album chart, from No. 3 to No. 5. Her previous album, Breakaway, sold 7,800 copies, down from 8,000, and totals out at 5.8 million, still narrowly ahead of Carrie.

Kelly has four songs on the top 200 digital songs chart (also brought to you courtesy of Nielsen SoundScan). Never Again drops from 20 to 34, selling 24,000 downloads, a 37% drop. Total is a very solid 734,000. Her duet with Reba McEntire, Because of You, drops 67-78 on the chart, selling 12,000, down 20%, for a total of 53,000. (Her original Because of You, which snuck back on the chart when the Reba duet came out, has dropped off again.) Perennial hit Since U Been Gone drops 135-165 on the chart, selling about 6,000 copies, down 19%, and has sold 1.70 million all told. And new single Sober drops 149-199, selling a rounded-off 5,000 copies, a 24% drop, for a total of 23,000 in three weeks.
Ken likes to make Kel sound bad...ugh i hate him!!

Last edited by stephrox; 07-18-2007 at 03:36 PM
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
Old 07-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! And she's doing really well

Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks for the article...Kelly is doing great

S:}"They're my numbers, Ashley..." I say it so she knows what I mean. What I'm implying. So she knows they mean as much to me as the numbers on her wrist."
Old 07-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

MD is #7 on the Canadian chart this week!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Passionate Fan

^sweet...thanks for the update

Old 07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks for updates i love this album
Cooper&Charlotte ♥
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Posted on PULSE

Quote:
"Never Again" is the recipient of a BDSCertified Spin Award (June 2007) for 50K spins.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Passionate Fan

sweet now how can anyone say NA isn't successful?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know.

I just don't have a good feeling regarding Clive and RCA...doesn't look like they're doing anything to help Kelly. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I feel the same way. It's like they're just letting the album stagnate. I dunno I think sooner or later things will be coming to a head which I'm hoping will benefit Kelly.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully, yeah.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
New Fan

Here's a really good, fair review I found:

Singer survives on her own

By Dean Gordon-Smith

Jul 20 2007

Former American Idol winner (the first), Kelly Clarkson’s third album, My December, is an album that showcases the Grammy Award winning singer’s versatility and songwriting chops.

The CD starts with a stream-lined slice of dark rock that puts the singer’s riveting voice front and centre. The album ends with a soulful and dusty western country/blues, hands down the best performance here – dripping with vibe and authenticity.

The sound of My December is stripped down and succinct, giving listeners a real idea of Clarkson’s range. Never Again appears to be an angry rebuke of an ex, but sounds real and impassioned.

Co-produced by David Kahne (The Strokes) and band mates Jason Halbert and Jimmy Messner, Clarkson’s album is clear and punchy, devoid of over-the-top flash. This quality brings out the goods in the songs – Judas and Hole move with a buzzing pulse that Clarkson seems to favour on her edgier material. The steady-flow electric rhythm recalls a mid-‘80s new wave feel reminiscent of The Motels.

Veering off from the rock, but still maintaining the edge is the confessional Sober. Her crescendo here is startling and her chilling delivery redeems the maudlin choruses. Her soulful rendering almost rescues the heart-on-the-sleeve lyrics, but that’s approaching impossibility!

Clarkson’s versatile vocal range and interpretive touch are well served throughout this album - she displays maturity and fire. One Minute is an R&B-style modern groove that she takes over and delivers on without over-emoting.

I believe that after hearing the funk rock-based Yeah, that Clarkson is one of the few singers around right now who can go toe-to-toe with Christina Aguilera. The main difference is Clarkson’s held-in-check vocalizations as opposed to the mighty Aguilera’s sometimes histrionic flame-thrower attack. It’s the quality of power and control with the emotional peaks and nuance that make Clarkson such a quality vocalist and her work on these songs makes full use of these characteristics – it helps that the material doesn’t suck.

A big surprise is her singing on the semi-ballad numbers Be Still and Maybe. The former is contemporary and tastefully hipster-inflected pop, with a jazzy vibe. Maybe sounds like modern mature country – no rock-lite, corn-prone religion and drinkin’, cheatin’ cliché-ridden drivel here. Clarkson doesn’t empty her quiver too soon, saving it for the shivering Irvine.

This last song sounds pulled out of the dusty past of long decades, somewhere in Clarkson’s home state of Texas – a deep and unexpected performance.

Kelly Clarkson: My December
Closed Thread   Post New Thread