Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meaning of Life #4: "Every artist wants to feel proud of the footprint they leave behind. This is my best footprint yet. "

MEANING OF LIFE
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d
→ #4

Track Listing:
1. A Minute (Intro)
2. Love So Soft
3. Heat
4. Meaning of Life
5. Move You
6. Whole Lotta Woman
7. Medicine
8. Cruel
9. Didn't I
10. Would You Call That Love
11. I Don't Think About You
12. Slow Dance
13. Don't You Pretend
14. Go High

Future Titles:
• “I put the record on and it was like she kicked through the door. We all know Kelly has this big voice. But these songs have so much attitude. She’s not walking through the door, she’s kicking it the f— open." - Julie Greenwald
• "I'm just so excited for y'all to get to hear them cause its like the greatest thing I've been a part of in 15 years" - Kelly
• "This is the record I've wanted to make since I was a little kid" - Kelly
• "Meaning of Life portrays an artist continuing to redefine herself—in the process, solidifying her position as one of her generation's greatest singers." (Slant Magazine)
• “I feel like a brand-new artist. It was an arranged marriage before (a very successful one) but it's the first time 100% of the album is all me." - Kelly
• "It's proud, it's sexy, it's funny. Oh, yes, that's the sound of freedom. It's just Clarkson unleashed." (Pueblo Chieftain)
• “Meaning of Life” is the best album of her career, a chance to declare her ambitions and deliver on them time and time again for her most cohesive album yet." Newsday.com
• "a refreshingly real dispatch from an artist expressing exactly what she feels in this moment, and nothing less." EW.com
• "Meaning of Life sounds like Ruth Brown, Ben E. King, and Wilson Pickett put together." Variety.com
• "It captures Kelly Clarkson’s voice in the setting it seems best suited for. " Vulture.com
• "Meaning of Life is a simmering pot of warm grooves and powerful vocals, a career pivot to the music that Kelly Clarkson ought to have been allowed to make right out of the gate." Vulture.com

Past Threads:
01 : 02 : 03

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 01-22-2018 at 02:08 AM
Old 11-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it is okay I took away the news/specualtion part under Meaning of Life. I felt that it time to take away those two now that we have the album etc.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 11-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the new thread, Jess.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

TFTNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonrodnad (View Post)
I hope it is okay I took away the news/specualtion part under Meaning of Life. I felt that it time to take away those two now that we have the album etc.
Thanks for doing that . I hope you don't mind that I edited it further . If anyone knows of a good art for the songs to put in there like we've got in the other album threads please share them
The reason it wasn't removed from the previous one is because for part of the time it was for speculation, or at least that's why I hadn't changed it
Old 11-12-2017, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the new thread Jessica! #4 already!

The OP could use a little artwork but we don't have much to go by with what we got so far!

I am kinda surprised by the way, not sure why I hadn't noticed before but given the lyrics of 'I Don't Think About You' I would have thought Kelly had co-written it since it seems to be so much about her past label.. But she's not part of the writing team.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

I can try to do something similar I did with Harry Styles if that is okay? CLICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
The reason it wasn't removed from the previous one is because for part of the time it was for speculation, or at least that's why I hadn't changed it
I understood that it was because of that reason.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That at least would be something for now but maybe more Kelly-related if you can? Probably harder when we don't have much from the era yet . Thanks for offering Jess , I'll leave that up to you if you want to make something (Side note: that Harry Styles one is amazing )

Quote:
I am kinda surprised by the way, not sure why I hadn't noticed before but given the lyrics of 'I Don't Think About You' I would have thought Kelly had co-written it since it seems to be so much about her past label.. But she's not part of the writing team.
I agree Karen. Its like someone else lived it for her & wrote it. It makes me curious what the song was actually written about since it fits Kelly's situation so well. Its clear what drew her to that song is how much it seems to be able her past label & what she went through
Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It does look great Jessica! Very curious to see what you could make out of it!!

Yeah Kelly seems to relate to it very well.. It translates well to past relationships as well... It does to me at least

I think thats what makes Kelly her albums great im general... Everybody can relate to it in different was, thats the power of most songs she does

Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you!

Chelle: Yeah, that is why I thought of this edit of mine as we don't have enough to go with right now. So I was thinking about finding pictures that fits the songs really well and make something similar out of it. (I did the HS one when we only had the songtitles).
Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It definitely has past relationship feels too. Could be another reason why it stood out to me straight away
Quote:
I think thats what makes Kelly her albums great im general... Everybody can relate to it in different was, thats the power of most songs she does
Exactly

I remember hearing a singer say something about how if songs touch her she hopes they can touch the listener... I have a feeling it was Adele & I want to find that quote... (sorry, babbling, ignore me). ETA: It was Adele - "I love trying to remember a moment in my life & putting it with someone else's song & maybe they felt the same." It wasn't quite what I thought it was, & it was talking about a cover she did/why she had covers on her first two albums, but still relates I think. Kelly's taken a song she hasn't written which relates to a moment in her life, & maybe they felt the same or maybe they felt different & get something else out of the song
Old 11-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love songs about past relationships.. Not that i love my own past ones haha but it does give a better feeling to a song and it helps you in the way that you sometimes werent alone in the world Who felt that at that time... Or it empowers you because of what you became because of that relationship

Great quote from adele... I think Kelly does the same with songs she hasnt written herself

Old 11-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Mainly her album just makes me hurt & feel like a bitch & wish my ex could hear the album right now, but eventually I'll reach the 'I've grown & moved on now' part . Its where I want to be

I'd think she does too
Old 11-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's good to have goals haha

Songs do help me a lot... I Just need a song that helps my confidence haha

Old 11-15-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

interview!

Quote:
The Meaning of Life manages to feel like a proper soul record without being a kitschy throwback, which a lot of artists fall into the trap of when going down this direction. How did you avoid that?
“What I didn’t want was for it to sound like a time capsule. I wanted the influence, but I wanted it to be progressive. I was taking cues from a bunch of people; from Annie Lennox to Bonnie Raitt and Whitney Houston, Mariah, En Vogue, TLC. I love Melissa Etheridge and Rosemary Clooney. I love a lot of different styles of singers but they all have one thing in common: They’re very empowering, very bold and very much themselves. No-one was like them, and I just really wanted to do that.”

The best songs on the album - in case you were wondering - are Heat, Medicine and Would You Call That Love...
"Those are the three everyone says! We're fighting over Heat and Medicine for the next single. Would You Call That Love almost didn’t make the album because of me. Craig fought me on it and told me straight that it was. It’s because I’m hard on myself – the whole album is very sensual, very sassy… I felt like it was the only one that had a different vibe about it, but that was the thing that everyone loved about it. I’m so happy we kept it on there."

Kelly Clarkson on new album, label split and waving goodbye to pop-rock

Oh I think I'll say Heat though I like Medicine too... I'm not sure which song would actually go better on the charts...Any thoughts?!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread