Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Meaning of Life #3 - “This isn’t a record I could have made at the age of 20. This is a record you make when you've lived.”

MEANING OF LIFE
n e w s , s p e c u l a t i o n, a n d a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d
→ #3

Released October 27 2017

Track Listing:
1. A Minute (Intro)
2. Love So Soft
3. Heat
4. Meaning of Life
5. Move You
6. Whole Lotta Woman
7. Medicine
8. Cruel
9. Didn't I
10. Would You Call That Love
11. I Don't Think About You
12. Slow Dance
13. Don't You Pretend
14. Go High

News and Speculation:
• Clarkson's first order of business on the Warner Music Group label will to be record an album for 2017 that will draw on soul music and R&B for inspiration. (x)
• Album Title: Meaning of Life out OCTOBER 27 (x)
• 14 tracks on album (Source: iTunes)

Quotes about the upcoming album:
“I put the record on and it was like she kicked through the door, I say to people all the time: I run a record company, I could eat you, that’s part of my rep. And we all know Kelly has this big voice. But these songs have so much attitude. She’s not walking through the door, she’s kicking it the f— open."
~ Julie Greenwald (Atlantic Record COO/co-chairman)

“It’s got a lot of sass — like I might beat you up with my sound,” Clarkson said of her still-untitled album, which she says is a mixture of “urban, pop, soulful R&B” and is due later in the year. “My backup singers who’ve worked with me for years said ‘It’s the first time you’ve done a record that’s, like, full-on your personality.’”

"A lot of people don't remember that Kelly started off as an urban girl. If you listen to her first single 'Miss Independent,' co-written by Christina Aguilera, it was an urban song. It wasn't until she jumped into 'Since U Been Gone' that she became the pop/rock queen. When I met her, I didn't get pop/rock queen. I got the girl that's down with urban music. It’s good to see her embracing that sensibility now -- and she has the capability to do it. I might've done five songs for her so far [for Clarkson’s new album, which the singer describes as soulful]. Man, she cut one record -- I'm not going to name any titles -- that's just heavy. It fits her so well.
~ Oak Felder (producer)

"I'm just so excited for y'all to get to hear them cause its like the greatest thing I've been a part of in 15 years" "This is the record I've wanted to make since I was a little kid"

It sounds like a song made by a woman who knows what she wants, as does the ballad "Move You," the second song Clarkson dropped from The Meaning Of Life. It's probably why Clarkson's dubbed her eighth studio LP her "grown-ass woman’s record.” “This isn’t a record I could have made at the age of 20," she told Entertainment Weekly."This is a record you make when you’ve lived.” Clearly, it was worth the wait.

Past Threads:
01 : 02 : 03

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-11-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

new thread! Thank you Chelle

Nice to see an album cover in this OP!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-11-2017, 03:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

YW

If anyone doesn't like the title we can change it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-11-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's always possible!

I'm glad Love So Soft at least has over 2 million views on youtube, though it deserves so much more!!

Do you guys think she would have gotten more if it was still attached to the VEVO thing?

Old 09-11-2017, 04:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

2M views is amazing

Don't know, does that change how many people discover it?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-11-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure that's what I was wondering

Kinda hoping when the song hits the radio more and more that the video will get more views too!

Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know either. I hope the radio does help

But that's 2M in what? Five days? maybe less? That's amazing in my mind still

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-11-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's 4-5 days yes that is pretty cool! I am always amazed though how some artists can get like 10 million views in 1 day

Old 09-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! I like this title a lot, it's definitely true. She would not and could not have done an album like this right out of Idol.

Having the cover in the OP makes it feel even more real. We finally have content!

I think that VEVO increases exposure only because it would come up more in recommended for music and also would be linked on the side if you were watching other artists' videos that are on Vevo.

2M isn't anything to scoff at, though.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 09-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

No it's pretty impressive, she's going towards 2,4 million now

yeah the cover in the OP does make it real yes

Still loving the single so much

Even boyfriend who didn't like it when he first heard it thinks it's okay now!

Old 09-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Even I think its ok now... well I should say I like it better now as I always thought it was ok & never disliked it

Making it more real was exactly why I wanted to add it into the OP & it made perfect sense to me to have the thread opened that way

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

It looks pretty up there!

Glad you are liking it a bit more Chelle

ETA: I heard the last 5 seconds of Love So Soft on the dutch radio! boyfriend send me a vid where he listened to it in his car I immediately just checked it online on that radio station and i heard the last 5 seconds The guys on the radio liked the song (so they said) so I hope I hear it more on the Dutch radio stations

ETA 2:

Michelle Obama: Kelly Clarkson song inspired by we go high speech

Quote:
In EW’s new cover story about her upcoming soul album, Meaning of Life (out Oct. 27), Clarkson reveals that she wrote the song “Go High” after hearing Obama’s “When they go low, we go high” speech from the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

“When Michelle said that I was like, ‘That is the perfect idea for this song!'” Clarkson says. “Everyone relates to that. No one has gone through life without relating to at some point having to take the high road.”

The message also hit particularly close to home for Clarkson and her husband,Brandon Blackstock. “Even with our daughter [Savannah, 16], we just had this conversation in the car, someone was being cruel to her on social media — silly stupid teenage stuff and being just horrible behind the scenes,” Clarkson explains. “It was one of those moments where you’re like, ‘That’s going to continue to happen. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are s—ty people out there, unhappy people trying to bring you down because they’re not happy. You’ve just got to take the high road. I know that sucks — no one wants to hear that, you totally want to punch them in the face. But at the end of the day, you doing that is just exerting your energy. They’re not going to care either way.'”

Clarkson co-wrote “Go High” — a contemporary-souring cut that features a booming breakdown with chopped-up vocals — with longtime collaborator Jesse Shatkin and Mozella (who co-wrote “Take You High” from 2015’s Piece by Piece along with Clarkson’s new single, “Love So Soft”).

“Unlovely people do unlovely things — it’s that lesson,” Clarkson says of the track. “It’s very easy to be just as ugly or unlovely, but it’s harder to aim higher. The song is basically a one-on-one: ‘Just so you know, this is the struggle bus I’m on. This is what I go through on a daily with you around me.'”

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 09-12-2017 at 09:26 AM
Old 09-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sounds like a wonderful song to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are a lot of interviews from today, that I'll link if I can. She sounds so, so, so excited about every single song on this album so far.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 09-13-2017, 01:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I love how excited & happy she is I thought she had been happy in the past but this is so much more than that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread