Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly and The Voice #1 - After mentoring and live performances she's ready to become a coach for season 14!

Kelly Clarkson
on
The Voice

x

[[Official Announcement]]

|= Live Performance of the Moment =|

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 10-30-2017 at 09:16 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the brand new thread, Karen!

I'm very excited. They should be starting to tape auditions sometime this fall.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the thread. I wasn't even thinking about needing one yet as it isn't on yet . Maybe instead of saying Kelly & The Voice it shoukd say Kelly on The Voice? Or just leave Kelly's name out of it since it being on this board its obviously about her . On Delta i don't have her name but we also don't have a voice appreciation thread (that i can think of off the top of my head) which might get mixed up with it & i also have The Voice Kids in my title so need it shorter. Now that's what i think would be amazing - Kelly with children on this sort of show. I don't think the US has a The Voice Kids though or if they did it was like here & lasted a season. Sorry i'm babbling about nothing i think

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I named it this way because the AI thread is also Kelly and AI I think

I'm more then welcome to change it really

Should we skip Kelly then and just put in The Voice, I thought it would be more clear since we also have a vocal apprec. thread

Oh voice kids, i think Kelly would be great with kids. I don't think the USA has it no.
Here in Holland we do

Old 07-24-2017, 02:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Does it? I clearly don't pay attention

They had a Spanish version but not an English one. It surprises me that they haven't at least tried it but i also don't understand how they can have two seasons a year. Crazy country . We had one season of it in 2014 but it hasn't been back since so don't think it took off as well as they hoped it would. The US should try it & get Kelly on there just because its a perfect fit

Actually another thing i can dream about is the fact that Australia seems to like to get their coaches from other countries & a couple have done versions in their own countries so they should see how amazing Kelly is & steal her . Of course at this point i would then die from fangirling especially if Delta remained on there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha it does!

Holland does an adult version in the fall and the kids version in spring!

I'm always surprised that they can do 2 seasons yes within a year! and still do well in the ratings

haha that would be perfect for you yes though Kelly should commit to Australia for a few months then not sure if she's up for that
She could do a guest performance there I don't think she's been on foreign versions of THe Voice yet has she?

She has been on foreign versions of Idol.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Nope I don't think Kelly's been on foreign versions of The Voice She'll just have to do that next year & promote a single from her new album on my The Voice (presuming that I have a season next year). Of course that'd probably be a conflict for her being on The Voice US since it'd be on at the same time

I keep thinking we'll have this soon but no its not until next year

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they film the blind auditions at some point soon, I know they tape them well ahead of time. I'm not really sure when, though.

I'm excited to have Kelly on my TV every week again.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

wow, that would be well in advance then. Ours get filmed in February & then it airs around April/May & I thought that was a bit in advance before the show aired

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-30-2017, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

that would be far in advance if that's the case!

Old 09-08-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly talking about The Voice here

Quote:
In May, just two days after ABC announced that it was reviving American Idol, news broke that Clarkson would be joining The Voice next year as a coach on the show’s 14th season. In the new EW cover story, on stands Friday, Clarkson admits that an Idol comeback might be premature. “It’s a little too soon, because I was pregnant with my son when it ended, and he’s only 1,” she says with a laugh.

But Clarkson says her decision to join The Voice really came down to her husband and her kids. “I want it to be a great experience for my whole family, and that’s what I have to think about at this point in my life,” she explains.

Because Clarkson’s husband and manager, Brandon Blackstock, also manages fellow Voice coach Blake Shelton, Clarkson is often on set with her children and is already well acquainted with the workings of the show. The chance to work alongside her husband was an offer she couldn’t pass up. “We’re used to the Voice schedule, we already have to work around it because of our family,” Clarkson says. “We have four children — that can be very taxing with a schedule. It was just a no-brainer for me with The Voice because of that alone. But my thing is, I was kind of bummed too when [Idol] came to me. I hope it’s super successful.”

Clarkson says she’s been in talks with The Voice for almost four years but couldn’t commit until now because of her pregnancies. It’s also why she hasn’t snuck onto one of the show’s famous spinning chairs when the cameras weren’t rolling. “Part of the reason why I never sat in the seats is because I knew one day I’d probably do the show,” she says. “I knew it was going to happen. I’m a little superstitious.”

In recent years, TV talent competitions have struggled to produce stars at Clarkson’s level. She’s hoping that, as someone who has been through the TV wringer herself, she can change contestants’ fortunes. “Would it have been awesome to come back to the show that started me and help give someone that start? Yes!” Clarkson says. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t do the same thing on The Voice. That’s my goal. I want to have someone on my team, whether they win or not, to have a successful career after being on the show.”

Yet why Clarkson has succeeded where few Idol alumni have is something she isn’t sure how to answer, even now. One theory? Her willingness to do the work and make the sacrifices that longevity requires. “A lot of people that I know, especially from Idol, don’t necessarily want to be singers or artists; they just want to be famous,” she says. “That is not going to bring you happiness. And a lot of it falls through the cracks because people make decisions based on what they think will make them famous instead of what will be good for them. I don’t really care about being famous. … I’m not trying to impress anyone. I’m just me, and if you like that, cool. If you don’t, that’s totally cool too.”

Great interview

Old 09-08-2017, 02:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That makes a lot of sense why she'd do The Voice

Completely agree with this:
Quote:
One theory? Her willingness to do the work and make the sacrifices that longevity requires. “A lot of people that I know, especially from Idol, don’t necessarily want to be singers or artists; they just want to be famous,” she says. “That is not going to bring you happiness. And a lot of it falls through the cracks because people make decisions based on what they think will make them famous instead of what will be good for them. I don’t really care about being famous. … I’m not trying to impress anyone. I’m just me, and if you like that, cool. If you don’t, that’s totally cool too.”

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-09-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's a great view at thing and I do hope she gets candidates who are looking at it in the same way as she is, otherwise I don't think they'll last long on her team

Old 09-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think she was allowed to spoil this!

Very cool about Alicia though!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad that Alicia is the fourth judge for Kelly's season. Alicia is very chill and lowkey like Kelly is, and I'd love if they perform together at some point.

She also says she has pressed the button already, for something secret. Maybe a guest spot for the fall season? Or perhaps for a promo video or something.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread