Yeah, same here

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Now Free From Her 'Idol' Contract, What's Kelly Clarkson Worth?

Kelly Clarkson has notched another American Idol first. Arguably the biggest star to emerge from the Fox show (she's tied with Carrie Underwood at three No. 1 albums), Clarkson is the first alum to fulfill the recording contract she won in 2002. And with the release of her seventh studio album, Piece by Piece, on RCA, she's now a free agent who could command a hefty new deal.

So where will the pop star, who has notched 10 top 10 hits and sold 13 million albums, end up? Sources tell Billboard Clarkson is in early talks to directly sign with Sony Music's RCA, as opposed to her current structure that goes through Idol's recording arm, 19 Recordings.

A number of sources speculate that if Clarkson doesn't re-sign with RCA, Big Machine Label Group could be a leading contender for several reasons: Its pop success with Taylor Swift (aided by Universal's Republic Records) has proved the Nashville-based shop can work both pop and country, and Clarkson has stated her desire to make a country album; BMLG president/CEO Scott Borchetta is now a mentor on Idol (which partnered with Universal Music in 2010); and, on a personal note, Clarkson's mother-in-law, Reba McEntire, is very close to Borchetta and recently signed to his new Nash Icon label.

Still, when asked if Clarkson planned to re-sign with RCA, [Narvel] Blackstock adds that it's too soon to say. "She hasn't focused on it. Her new album just came out."

Full Article
There's more to the article than what I've brought over so I suggest clicking the link to read it in full

Now that Kelly has fulfilled her contract what would you like to see her do?

Personally I wouldn't be surprised at all if she signed with Big Machine over RCA. If she stays with RCA I hope no problems arise again in the future. Actually I think that no matter what path she chooses to go

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would love if she would sing more songs like this:

I just love when she sings songs like this. And having a album like that would be so amazing.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Those are some of my favorites from the fan requests. Cold Desert especially.

I wouldn't be too surprised if she stayed with RCA, I just think she would only do so if they gave her more leeway. I'm guessing she would want the contract a lot more open. She wasn't able to release "You Still Won't Know What It's Like" for charity purposes because of her contract.... If they would still put up a roadblock to something like that, then she probably wouldn't sign with them again. I guess it just depends on how much RCA wants to keep her.
MirageDurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I agree with you about signing with RCA again.

Can't wait to see what the future holds for her!!

Old 06-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Now that she's no longer with RCA a part of me wonders if they know what they've lost or even care? but Kelly's away from all their crap now so I'm happy & shouldn't think about things like that

Would everyone prefer to have a fresh new thread for Atlantic Records or to change this thread to Atlantic? a part of me thinks it is nice to have the history & a new thread with a fresh start could be nice but I don't know that we necessarily need to have this thread still around to discuss the old record label this is why I can't decide

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

I doubt that they care but their loss is Atlantic Records' gain. The important thing is that Kelly is away from them and hopefully will be happy now.

A fresh start sounds good to me but I do not mind either way.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it'd be nice to have a fresh start for a thread with Atlantic, but at the same time I'm not sure exactly how much traction it would get as it's own thread? I'm up for whatever you decide.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Well hopefully never in the way this was used

I don't think this thread would be used anymore so in that sense it makes sense to just keep the one for all management & could be past & present

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-17-2016, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Supposedly Brandon is now Kelly's manager, not Narvel.
Quote:
Brandon is now *managing his spouse (and the mother of two of his four children), pop star Kelly Clarkson, who previously was repped by his dad. Pere and fils helped engineer Clarkson's move from RCA Records, where she clashed with the label, to Atlantic, where she is cutting a classic R&B-inspired label debut.

Source.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hmm that doesn't really surprise me. Hope they have a good balance between work & pleasure. Guess they can always ask Narvel & Reba for advice on how they did it if needed (as I presume it wasn't management which split those two)

Nice of them to help her move to a new label too (also doesn't surprise me that they were a part of the move)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-18-2016, 01:33 AM
Elite Fan

(I do not believe that came between them, no.) I am sure it will not and they will be able to make it work . Brandon seems amazing and really sweet from things Kelly said and she is really happy. I doubt they would have done it if they had any concerns that it would cause issues.

No that did not surprise me either. She seems to have a good management team and now hopefully she has a good label team to go with it.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree with all of that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

After the third listen I feel like I Don't Think About You is about RCA if it is then I think I'm going to love this song more than I already do

(I now see this is the thread where I knew I'd read somewhere that Brandon was her manager )

ETA: Medicine could also be about RCA actually

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread