Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Total Fan

The Kelly News Thread #11 ~ Because she sang for the Pope!

Title Suggestions anyone?

Thanks to Thessa for the banner!

Last edited by DanceWithLife; 03-10-2008 at 08:34 AM
Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How about "The Kelly News Thread #11 - Cause the best has yet to come!"?

I suck at titles

In the meantime, thanks to bkea on KCE for this scan. It's from the Australian TV Guide.

P.S. Hope you don't mind I edited the first post to add the links to the previous threads

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
How about "The Kelly News Thread #11 - Cause the best has yet to come!"?

An excellent title
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alright, I'll use this one temporarily and if anyone thinks of something else, we can change it. Sounds good?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for cleaning up my title Andy! Love the new one.

Any Kelly news?

Last edited by diggerdrogo; 03-11-2008 at 12:35 AM
Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I posted this in the new album thread but I think it's worth posting here too

OneRepublic frontman teams up with Clarkson
Tuesday, March 11 2008, 13:00 GMT

By Nick Levine, Music Editor

OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder has confirmed that he is working on new material with Kelly Clarkson.

Tedder, who co-wrote and produced Leona Lewis's number one hit 'Bleeding Love', told DS that Clarkson's new songs will feature "big choruses" and "heavy drum programming".

He also revealed that the songs are influenced by nineties electro-rockers Garbage, while one song, a mid-tempo rock ballad, features an experimental bridge inspired by Mozart.

Clarkson reportedly clashed with her record label over the musical direction of her last album, 2007's My December, after Sony BMG chief Clive Davis deemed it less commercial than her previous releases.

Music - News - OneRepublic frontman teams up with Clarkson - Digital Spy

Old 03-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Total Fan

Yeah, awesome news I think, both "Bleeding Love" and "Apologize" have been such captivating hits.

I look forward to their production.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

thanks for the new thread!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Total Fan

Thank you Andy

More news:

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson Touches Down On Aussie Soil …[Wednesday 12, March 2008]

As pop idols go, songstress Kelly Clarkson has succeeded greatly after winning the American Idol contest a few years ago; her popularity has soared both in her home country of America and here in Australia.

Kelly attracted a massive crowd of screaming, excited young fans for her concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. As the Texan bounced onto the stage following amazing performances from support acts, the young Jamaican sensation Sean Kingston (the man behind the hit Beautiful Girl) and the charismatic singer/actress Mandy Moore, the crowd responded with loud, piercing screams.

Equipped with a surprisingly powerful voice, Kelly was capable of belting out some exceptionally controlled tunes that ranged from ballads to rock songs – the pretty 25-year-old included her hits Breakaway, Never Again, Since U Been Gone and Because Of You. Although the show went for just over an hour, the sassy Texan managed to blow away the crowd with her haunting vocals and her emotionally-filled songs.
Source

Oh, and I read an article about Kelly in some trashy magazine, about her weight, and she said something like "I plan to lose it all after my tour ends".
And she blames her "lost" love life on it too. But most likely dribble
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the review of the Aussie concert!!

You should add it to the tour thread too

As for the weight thing, it always amazes me that magazines focus on that so much.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pope 2008: More on Kelly Clarkson and the Pope

Quote:
More on Kelly Clarkson and the Pope
Dr. Jennifer Pascual, director of music at St. Patrick's Cathedral and director of all the music at the liturgical events for the papal visit in the Archdiocese of New York confirmed with me today that Kelly Clarkson is indeed singing at one of the events, but not the "Concert of Hope" as I had reported on this blog earlier. Rather, she will be performing the "Ave Maria" at the youth festival being held at St. Joseph's Seminary. The event, as well as the Mass at Yankee Stadium, are being produced by Stig Edgren of SEG Events, the same production company that produced Pope John Paul II's 1995 Mass in Central Park.
Oh my God...Kelly singing Ave Maria will be AMAZING!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:34 AM
Total Fan

It really shows she is a real singer, and respected for it too
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerdrogo (View Post)
It really shows she is a real singer, and respected for it too
Exactly. And I honestly can't wait to hear/see her sing this song!

Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Press Releases | Press Release Distribution | Submit Press Release - Kelly Clarkson fansite at clarksonfan.com

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson fansite at clarksonfan.com
Written by mycarlos888
Saturday, 15 March 2008
everything about Kelly Clarkson is now online at clarksonfan.com
Kelly Brianne Clarkson is an American pop rock singer, songwriter, and occasional actress. Clarkson made her debut under RCA Records after she won the highly publicized first season of the television series American Idol in 2002. She was originally marketed as a pop musician with her debut album Thankful (2003). With the release of her multi-platinum second album Breakaway (2004), Clarkson moved to a more pop rock-oriented style of music, and won two Grammy Awards. Clarkson's third album, entitled My December, was released on June 26, 2007. It went Platinum in many countries, including the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia. Clarkson has sold over 18.5 Million Album as of 8th of March.

On July 7, 2007, Clarkson performed on the American leg of Live Earth. Her five-set performance list included: "Walk Away", "How I Feel", "Never Again", "Sober", and "Since U Been Gone". In a July edition of USA Weekend Magazine, Clarkson reported that she tried a marijuana cookie while in Amsterdam. "It is legal there," she said, saying that she's never done "anything illegal here [in the U.S.]".

Music Choice deemed Clarkson as their "Artist of the Month" for the month of August. Justin Prager, Director of Rock and Pop Programming, issued a public statement: "Kelly's relatively short career has already produced so much exciting music and she has reached millions of viewers through her vast catalog of music videos available on Music Choice. We are looking forward to helping Kelly continue to connect with her fans with this huge campaign." In light of this, Music Choice released programming detailing Clarkson's career, including a catalog of her favorite moments on screen and in production, a question and answer session with her fans, as well as Clarkson's thoughts on her career.

Clarkson was the celebrity coach for Canadian Idol during its Top 5 week of the fifth season, aired on the CTV network on August 20th, and she performed on the results show the next night. She was also awarded a Platinum Certification for shipments of more than 100,000 copies of My December in Canada.[citation needed] Clarkson also performed at the 2007 NFL opening kickoff where she sang the national anthem and performed songs from My December including "Never Again", "Maybe" and "Don't Waste Your Time". Clarkson also performed in the halftime show for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets game on Thanksgiving day.

My December was certified both gold (500,000 copies shipped) and platinum (1,000,000 copies shipped) on December 12, 2007 by the RIAA

As of 2008, My December has sold over 2.2 million albums worldwide.

Kelly Clarkson has said she is working on a new album due for the last quarter of 2008, and is working with producer Ryan Tedder. OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder has confirmed that he is working on new material with Kelly Clarkson for her fourth studio album. Tedder, who co-wrote and produced Leona Lewis's number one hit 'Bleeding Love', told Digital Spy that Kelly Clarkson's new songs will feature "big choruses" and "heavy drum programming".He also revealed that the songs are influenced by nineties electro-rockers Garbage, while one song, a mid-tempo rock ballad, features an experimental bridge inspired by Mozart.

Clarkson has stated in radio interviews that she has a sequel song for "Irvine" called "I Finally Got It Right" that she plans to have on the next album.

Kelly Clarkson #1 site for fans is only at clarksonfan.com. This site contains information about her like news, blogs, chat, forum, video gallery and photo gallery.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Absolute Fan

2.2 Million copies worldwide...wow what a failure MD was....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread