Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2016, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Kelly Clarkson Song Spotlight #1 - Featured Song: Meaning of Life

In this thread we will be spotlighting each of Kelly's songs and songs she has
covered so that we can discuss them. Questions and information on the songs
will be provided wherever possible.

Featured Song: The Trouble With Love Is

'The Trouble With Love Is' is the first track from the Thankful album. It was released as the fourth and final single from the album, on November 12, 2003. The song was co-written by Clarkson, Evan Rogers and Carl Sturken and co-produced by Rogers and Sturken. In the US the song peaked at 22 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart.

Lyrics

What do you think of this song?
Do you remember when you first heard this song?
Has your opinion of this song changed over time?
Do you believe that this song made a good single?
Do you think this made a good first song on the album?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
Do you like the music video?
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what?
Favourite part of the music video?
Least favourite part of the music video?
What do you think of the single cover?
What does this song mean to you?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So true....
"Love can be a many splendored thing
Can't deny the joy it brings
A dozen roses, diamond rings
Dreams for sale and fairy tales
It'll make you hear a symphony
And you just want the world to see
But like a drug that makes you blind,
It'll fool ya every time
"
Old 04-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this thread up. Shall we feature a new song now?

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

I am still waiting for a response to this song. Although I do not know that I realised that there had been one post. If I had I since forgot about it.

ETA:

What do you think of this song? It is not her best song but it holds good lyrics.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? I have a vague memory of questioning what my cousin was listening to and telling her to go away with it. I am not sure if it was this song but my memory is telling me it was .
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Yes, especially if I was asking her to go away with this song .
Do you believe that this song made a good single? I do not feel that it is single-worthy but I also have no idea if it did well so it may have.
Do you think this made a good first song on the album? Possibly, yes. I cannot think of what else I would put there.
Favourite lyrics?
This sad story always ends the same
Me standin' in the pourin' rain
It seems no matter what I do
It tears my heart in two

Do you like the music video? I am not sure that I have seen it. I would watch it now if I was not meant to be apartment hunting .
What do you think of the single cover? It is simple and I like it. It may not fit the song? But I like it.
What does this song mean to you? It does not necessarily hold a special meaning for me but I do agree with it and I do feel that love has hurt me in the past.
Anything else you'd like to add? Not right now, no .

Last edited by room to breathe; 04-01-2017 at 06:42 PM Reason: Answered questions.
room to breathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's definitely not my favorite song, but I do like the general tone, and Kelly's voice is good on it (albeit very young).
I do not, but I assume it was when I first bought the Thankful album.
I do not find it as boring or bland as I used to.
Not in particular, although I do think it would have been good solely as a promo single for Love Actually.
Do you think this made a good first song on the album?
I don't know. I think it would have been better if MI had been track #1.
Favourite lyrics?
A dozen roses, diamond rings
Dreams for sale and fairy tales
It'll make you hear a symphony

Least favourite lyrics? N/A
Do you like the music video? I would have preferred a plot with Kelly as opposed to the movie scenes.
See above.
I don't think I have one.
N/A
What do you think of the single cover? I don't like KC's hairstyle on it, and it's a bit dark. I like the clothes, though... but it doesn't really fit the song.
What does this song mean to you? It's pretty true, there's problems in most romantic relationships but you shouldn't close yourself off. It doesn't hold a special meaning for me personally.
Anything else you'd like to add? Nope.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of this song? I like that it has soul in it. I think it fits perfectly with what she song at that time on American Idol
Do you remember when you first heard this song? Nope
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope not really. It's not my on the list of my fav songs of her but I do love the soul feel it has.
Do you believe that this song made a good single? I think it did, because it fit very well with the soul songs she did on AI
Do you think this made a good first song on the album? I'm not really sure. I think other songs would have done well too!
Favourite lyrics?
I played the game by all the rules
But now my world's a deeper blue
I'm sadder but I'm wiser too
I swore I'd never love again
I swore my heart would never mend
Said love wasn't worth the pain
But then I hear it call my name

Least favourite lyrics?None
Do you like the music video?Yeah I like it! It's nothing special... Nothing really stands out.. so maybe that could have been better if the video was more mesmerizing..
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? See above. Not sure what, but something that would give it more of a WOW effect
Favourite part of the music video? Nothing in particulair.
Least favourite part of the music video? Same
What do you think of the single cover?I kinda dig it!
What does this song mean to you? Nothing much, I don't really listen to it a lot. It's kind of a negative look on love that it keeps on hurting you and such. And though it can happen (I know that )

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Featured Song: Miss Independent

'Miss Independent' is the second track from the Thankful album. It was released as the first single from the album on April 10 2003. The song was co-written by Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Rhett Lawrence, & Matt Morris, & produced by Rhett Lawrence. In the US the song peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 & #1 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart. The song also did well overseas, peaking at #3 in Australia, #6 in the UK, #9 in Belgium & The Netherlands, & #11 in Ireland.

Lyrics

Do you believe that this song made a good first single for the album?
Do you think this made a good second song on the album?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
What does this song mean to you?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Miss Independent is a JAM. I always turn it up, and it really just holds up so well despite it being 15 years old. Great tempo, great structure, good lyrics. I love the multiple arrangements of it, too.
I do not.
Not really. I loved it then, and I still love it now.
Definitely. It's definitely the most mainstream pop song on that album.
I do.
Do you think this made a good second song on the album?
Yeah, although I think it might have been even better as the first track.
Favourite lyrics?

Little miss apprehensive
Said ooh, she fell in love

Least favourite lyrics?
Miss guarded heart

Only because I always hear "misguided heart" and am forever confused as to what she actually says
Yes
She should have kissed the love interest... also, why was she wearing a cardigan and a scarf in the summer???
The karoake part but mainly the part where she turns around and sees the love interest
The end because it was the end
It's alright, but I wish they had used something other than just the non-cover of Thankful.

What does this song mean to you? It's my anthem bc I'm single af right now. And also, just that you don't have to protect your heart constantly, which is a struggle. It didn't mean much to me until I hit my mid-20s tbh.
Anything else you'd like to add? I love this song always.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you think of this song? One of the best & standouts of the album, also I agree that its a song which still remains relevant & strong despite age
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No. I'm not sure if I heard it on the radio but I probably did since it did well here. If not then it probably was the first time I looked at her music videos on YT
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? No. Its changed personal meaning of the moment but I still love it regardless of how I may be relating to it at that time
Do you believe that this song made a good single? Definitely
Do you believe that this song made a good first single for the album? Yes! Just look at how well it did, even overseas. Plus its just an amazing song so perfect "debut"
Do you think this made a good second song on the album? I think the album is weirdly organised & agree first would have been a better place for it
Favourite lyrics?
She looked in the mirror and thought today
What happened to miss no longer afraid?
It took some time for her to see
How beautiful love could truly be
No more talk of why can't that be me
I'm so glad I finally feel

Least favourite lyrics? The Said ooh, she fell in love part is off to me too sometimes
(looks like whoever wrote the lyrics hears that line you mentioned Amelia wrong too )
Do you like the music video? I can't remember much of it right now its not one which stands out to me
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? Make it more memorable? I remember not understanding her outfit so I'd change that probably
Favourite part of the music video? N/A
Least favourite part of the music video? N/A
What do you think of the single cover? Why did they use such a boring picture & one which was just another one of the Thankful shoot? I don't mind so much that it is a part of that shoot but it could have at least been more different to the cover
What does this song mean to you? Depends as I can usually take a few things from it. Lately I just find it an inspirational song to keep going, ignore hate, & be strong. I just ignore what the song is actually saying really
Anything else you'd like to add? it would be interesting to know if Miss Independent knows Mr Know It All
There's a part of me which always gets this song's lyrics mixed up with Little Miss by Sugarland. I know what the lyrics of the two songs are but both have that similar 'miss ....' bits so I just kinda link them in my head. They don't sound the same (video) & the Sugarland is more of an inspirational song, its just the minor similarity in the lyrics (& because I love Sugarland/Jennifer Nettles as much as I love Kelly so I listen to both songs a lot )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-09-2017, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of this song? I like the sassiness in this song. I like the attitude of the song.. I like that it's a powerful song! And till this day I still enjoy this song very much.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? I think I heard it on dutch TV (along with the music vid)
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope still loving it!
Do you believe that this song made a good single? Yeah I think it helped her stand out after winning AI! Very powerful song!
Do you think this made a good second song on the album? I think it would have worked better as the first one.
Favourite lyrics?
What is the feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open my door
Surprise, It's time
To feel what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No more the need to be defensive
Goodbye, old you
When love is true

Least favourite lyrics?Nothing really
Do you like the music video? It's a little bit all over the place and has no real story though in a way it feels like a lot of fun as well
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? A bit more of a story! I know there's a love interest at the end but to me there's a little lack of story
Favourite part of the music video? Just the general fun feel of it.
Least favourite part of the music video? the part where she's standing at the pool at night, it feels off for me.
This part:

What do you think of the single cover? Love her smile in it but it would have been nice to have the cover look similair to the music vid hairstyle wise etc.
What does this song mean to you? I think it's a powerful song.. for me it's just a great sing-a-long song really!
Anything else you'd like to add? Kinda like that Kelly still loves the song so much till this day!

Old 10-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
it would be interesting to know if Miss Independent knows Mr Know It All
I'm sure they know each other in some capacity, unfortunately.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

^ I agree, & yes it is unfortunate at least for Miss Independent
Quote:
Kinda like that Kelly still loves the song so much till this day!
So do I & its crazy to think she had to fight to have it on the album, let alone as a single/the first single . It is an AMAZING song, how can people not see that? People are idiots & were probably against her from the start She may have been the first competition winner but they probably already dismissed her for that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I had no clue she had to fight so early on after her AI win!
I don't get why they doubted that song because it has so much energy!

yeah I think so too or they had the idea that she would just follow wherever they wanted to go and that she had no backbone.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wouldn't surprised if they thought she'd just follow along too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-12-2017, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I only realise now how much she had to endure really during her RCA record deal.
I do wonder what the fun moments for her were though

Reply   Post New Thread