Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Neither did I until that post

This is good news

Quote:
"THE KELLY CLARKSON SHOW" SOLD IN 99% OF U.S. FOR ITS SEPT. 9 PREMIERE IN NATIONAL SYNDICATION

New Daytime Talk Show to Be Produced on Universal Studios Lot in Los Angeles

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - April 1, 2019 - The new nationally syndicated daytime program "The Kelly Clarkson Show" has been sold in 99% of the U.S. prior to its Sep. 9 premiere, it was announced today by Tracie Wilson, EVP, Creative Affairs, NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution.

The one-hour daytime talk show, hosted by multi-talented and Grammy Award-winning artist Kelly Clarkson, has already been sold to more than 200 stations, including those in the top 165 markets. The show will be produced and taped in front of a live audience on the Universal Studios lot in Los Angeles.

This past weekend Clarkson wrapped her 27-city "Meaning of Life" tour to strong reviews in large arenas in front of sold-out audiences. Clarkson's down-home charm and freewheeling style connected with her fans all over the country.

"The Kelly Clarkson Show" is produced and distributed by NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution with Alex Duda serving as executive producer and showrunner. Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock are also executive producers.

Read more at Breaking News - "The Kelly Clarkson Show" Sold in 99% of U.S. for Its Sept. 9 Premiere in National Syndication | TheFutonCritic.com

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-02-2019, 12:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Wow. That's great news

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why Kelly Clarkson Says She's 'Terrified' for Upcoming Talk Show (Exclusive)

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson's got a lot on her plate!

ET's Kevin Frazier exclusively spoke with the 36-year-old singer at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday, where she opened up about her excitement -- and fears -- over her upcoming daytime talk show, The Kelly Clarkson Show. On Monday, NBC announced that the syndicated talk show has been set for 99% of the country, sold at over 200 stations.

"I'm, like, really excited about it, but I'm slightly terrified that people have that much confidence in me," Clarkson confessed. "I'm like, 'God, I hope I don't let people down!'"

"But no, I'm pretty stoked about it. This whole tour that I just finished up, we did this whole live part during it and I did, I interviewed people here and there and have been working on my listening skills," she added of how she's been preparing for the show's September launch. "It's going to be fun and also it's very serious. In the pilot, we did a lot of serious conversations that I feel are important, especially as a mom."

The American Idol alum said she's learned to decompress after those tough conversations by watching movies at home with her kids. Clarkson shares 4-year-old daughter River and 2-year-old son Remington with husband Brandon Blackstock. She's also stepmom to his two kids from a previous relationship, Savannah and Seth.

"They're going to think that their mom likes to do nothing but watch movies because it's the only time when we get home. Either we're playing a game or watching a movie together because I'm so tired," she said with a laugh. "It's a lot, but it's good... I mean, you can't complain because you're going to do all these amazing things. Like, I'm doing The Voice, and I'm getting to do this TV show."

Old 04-04-2019, 02:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that Understandable feelings there

Quote:
I interviewed people here and there and have been working on my listening skills
I'm glad. Always important skills to have

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

here are a few more details on how she is learning that

Quote:
Kelly hopes she can "bring people together" after a "rough couple of years" with her new show.

She said: "I want to focus a lot on togetherness and bringing people back together again. I feel like it's been a really rough couple of years, regardless of what you believe and whatever side you're on ... I think a lot of times, females especially, feel threatened. Instead of feeling threatened, why don't you just be confident in your skin and your talent, and just join us? I'm trying my best to reach everyone."

And Kelly is learning how to "listen" ahead of the launch.

She shared: "I do need to learn, and I have literally been watching, like, I've seen your show, tons of it, but I watch all your episodes and Oprah's and everyone's because I'm like, 'How do I listen?' Cause I was not good at listening ... "I literally had Alex [Duda], who's producing the show, I literally had her ... draw an airplane on a big giant card and, like, 'Land it.' 'Cause I don't shut up."

https://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/artic...wsmain%2Cnarts

Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I know I've heard the airplane bit before. I love that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

this should please you Chelle

https://www.etonline.com/kelly-clark...clusive-122953

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson is getting excited for her upcoming talk show!

ET's Nancy O'Dell caught up with the 36-year-old singer on the red carpet at the 54th Academy Of Country Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sunday night, and she couldn't contain her excitement about all of the potential guests she hopes to have on her daytime talk show when it premieres in September.

"I'm calling in all favors," she quipped. "...It’s hard to get people on a first-time show... I never usually ask for favors 'cause it makes me feel awkward, but I’m totally going to."

As for who she'd like to interview, Clarkson named Reba McEntire, Steve Carell and her red carpet guest, Chevel Shepard, who won The Voice while on Clarkson's team.

"Reba is totally going to be on my show," she said of the 64-year-old country legend, who is her husband, Brandon Blackstock's, former stepmother.

Getting McEntire, the host of the ACM Awards, on her program should be easy, as she recently came out on stage at Clarkson's Nashville, Tennessee, concert.

"She came out and surprised [the crowd] in Nashville," Clarkson recalled. "She was trying to get away with, like, singing one song. And I was like, 'No.'"

As for Carell, Clarkson said she "better" get him on her show, and even referenced a hilarious line from his 2005 movie, The 40 Year Old Virgin.

"I just want to introduce him and yell his name," Clarkson joked, referencing a scene in the flick when Carell's character yells out Clarkson's name in pain as he's getting his chest waxed.

Clarkson previously called the line in the movie "hilarious," before finally meeting the actor at last year's Golden Globes, which she said was "one of my favorite moments of my life."

While she's definitely excited for her talk show, when ET's Kevin Frazier caught up with Clarkson earlier this month, she admitted to being "slightly terrified" about the whole thing.

"I'm like, 'God, I hope I don't let people down!'" she said. "But no, I'm pretty stoked about it. This whole tour that I just finished up, we did this whole live part during it and I did, I interviewed people here and there and have been working on my listening skills."

"It's going to be fun and also it's very serious," she continued. "In the pilot, we did a lot of serious conversations that I feel are important, especially as a mom."

Old 04-14-2019, 12:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I expect nothing less
Quote:
"I just want to introduce him and yell his name," Clarkson joked, referencing a scene in the flick when Carell's character yells out Clarkson's name in pain as he's getting his chest waxed.
Can he please go on her show just so she can do this?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-14-2019, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

hahaha now that would be awesome right?!

Old 04-15-2019, 02:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm sure he'd find the fun in it too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure

Talking a bit about her show and how she enjoys the serious topics as well

Old 04-16-2019, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that
Old 05-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You’ll be hosting a talk show on NBC starting in September. Were you looking for this kind of gig for a while?
Girl, I wasn’t. [NBC Entertainment co-chairman] Paul Telegdy came to me and was like “Dude, I think you would be such an amazing talk show host.” And I literally laughed. I was like, “Paul, did you run out of people to ask?” And he was like, “No, on ‘The Voice’ it’s so evident, you’re so comfortable with people and I think it’s very relatable.”’ He kind of convinced me ... but I was still a little bit hesitant. But I was like, as long as I can involve music. So every show is kind of how I tour. I cover other artists that I love during the intro instead of a big, huge monologue thing. On tour, the thing that goes the most viral is the covers — and it’s how I started. It’s me highlighting people I love. And we let people from the audience pick the song we’re doing.

What’s your interview style like?
I’m very much a conversationalist. The big joke is that I talk too much, but I do listen.

Hey, Howard Stern talks a lot during his interviews.

I love Howard Stern — that’s one of my favorite shows I’ve ever done. I’m actually very similar to him in the sense of being really open. Everybody that I talk to on the show, I probably bring an element of them out. A lot of friends I have who are actors or singers, they can get guarded ’cause they’re afraid — their publicist is saying “don’t say this” or “don’t say that,” and at the end of the day, just be you. You’re fine.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...502-story.html

Old 05-24-2019, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

So cute