Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly Clarkson on American Idol // Discussion //

I thought a nice discussion thread on Kelly Clarkson on American Idol, and even her influences on the later seasons and winners, would be nice. So overall, what did you all think of that first American Idol? Did we have Kelly picked as a winner from the start? How do you like AI now compared to then? What do you think of what AI has done for her career? Etc.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's funny because sometimes I go back and re-watch Kelly's performances on american Idol and I never cease to be amazed. There was something about each and every one of her performances that just made you sit, silently, captivated by her talent.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

See I'm at a huge disadvantage because I never saw the original AI and therefore am really interested in everyone's views on how it has changed after Kelly and Season One.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
See I'm at a huge disadvantage because I never saw the original AI and therefore am really interested in everyone's views on how it has changed after Kelly and Season One.
Well, I could probably talk for hours on how I think it changed after season one, but most importantly, at least in my opinion, is that after that it lost its genuine innocence. Kelly and the rest of the AI1 contestants were there because they loved music. They loved to entertain, to sing. You could tell from the very begining. None of them knew that the show would be so successful...they didn't know that all of America would know them by the end of the summer. All they knew was that they would get to sing every week for the whole summer. There was no fancy stuff going on in most of their minds.

There was a very sweet innocence to the first season, and to Kelly's winning, that was lost afterwards. Subsequent seasons...people knew what they were getting into. They knew there would be millions of cameras and reporters and that fame moreso than singing would come to them. In that sense - and I'm not saying it became bad just different - it lost its original appeal for me.

People, and that includes tons of celebrities, got involved with season one because of that. How genuine it was, fresh, heartfelt. I lost interest afterwards, but I'm sure that if someone had never watched season one and they came into season 2, they felt that way about season two. I think it's a matter of when you started to watch.

But since I'm a Kelly fan...to me...nothing has compared to her brilliance and genuine attitude since
Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

great topic

well I had to dl every performance of Kelly cause I live in Germany .. but I heard about her from a friend and I just had to see AI .. and I was speechless.. I loved her performance of Natural Woman the most . well and of course a moment like this

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you can still download all of her performances on www.kellyclarkson.net

I'm still speechless whenever I hear her singing SURRENDER. She couldn't speak moments before the show but dang that girl sang!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

For me, Kelly was just unbelievable on AI. From the second she was on, you could tell there was something different about her. She was just a small town girl with a great personality and an amazing voice. I remember seeing her sing "Respect" and just being blown away. The range, depth and feeling in her voice was unlike any other contestant's voice. I think a lot of people really, truly began to love her when she sang "Natural Woman" and hit that high note. She just brought a freshness to the show that no one else had, and hasn't had since. My favorite two performances were "Stuff Like That There" and her second performance of "Without You". I cried after she sang "Without You" the second time, because I'm a dork. And of course I sobbed when she sobbed.
I think I like Kelly so much, aside from her great voice, because she hasn't changed since the very first time we saw her on AI. She knows where she came from and never forgets it. She's just amazing.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

This is a great topic! I remember when I first heard her sing I was amazed. I couldn't move. I had goose bumps all over. She just blew me away.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I only saw some parts of AI. I remember Kelly's audition, some of her performances...and I watched the finale. It was blah that she didn't win World Idol though.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

World Idol was a lot more about politics than it was about singing, sadly.

Quote:
She knows where she came from and never forgets it.
Amen!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Kelly was freakin amazing on AI! Her performances would leave me speechless and I would have goosebumps when she sang! I loved everything about her on the show, her voice obviously, but also her great personality, and her style. She always gave it her all, no matter how tired or sick she was. I couldn't believe how well she sang on the night that she had laryngitis and could barely speak, she always showed so much dedication.

What was everyone's fave song that she did? Mine would be "Without You" and "I Surrender"- wow.... completely blew me away!!

I BAWLED sooo much when she won, LOL!!!!! I was just soooo happy and proud for her. She deserved to win so much, and I was so glad and relieved that there was finally a voice as incredible as Kelly's out in the music business.

Avy: pessimistreader
Old 03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Imo I think that Kelly is THE american idol. I thought that once she won that would be it. to me idol implied like one and only or something anyway, I just loved her on american idol, she was terrific and I don't think any of the others come close

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know I'm extremely biased when I say this, but I think AI should have been a one-season hit, and stopped then. After season one, the show changed so much, probably the main change being that the contestants knew what they were getting into. That really bothered me.

I'm embarassed to say that I don't really remember noticing Kelly until around the final 5. I remember voting for her and Tamyra the night Tamyra got the boot, and after that I was 100% Kelly. I cried during the finale, when she started crying.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Imo I think that Kelly is THE american idol.
I've always thought that as well. In my mind, she's the true idol.

Her performances just blew me away. Seriously, they were all so amazing, I don't think I could pick a favorite one.
I've come to your rescue and you can't rescue me.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda105
My favorite two performances were "Stuff Like That There" and her second performance of "Without You". I cried after she sang "Without You" the second time, because I'm a dork. And of course I sobbed when she sobbed.
I think I like Kelly so much, aside from her great voice, because she hasn't changed since the very first time we saw her on AI. She knows where she came from and never forgets it. She's just amazing.
"Stuff Like That There" and "Without You", as well as "Natural Woman", were my fav. performances as well. Also, I agree in that aside from falling in love w/ Kelly's voice, I also fell in love w/ her sweet, dorky, down-to-earth personality. She rocks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread