Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Day 3 - Favorite song from the Thankful album

Just Missed the Train is my favorite. It's underrated, her voice sounds really good on it, and although it's nothing spectacular, I feel like it's a hidden gem. It's not overproduced, it's very lowkey.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good choice Amelia and Kelly, it's a good (and more unknown) song!

I love that set of lyrics Jessica!

What's your favourite American Idol performance?

I think I should have broke this down into pre-win and post-win performances because there are so many good ones!
I think I'll go with this one (Moment Like This) because despite me loving the Piece by Piece one, Never Again or the People Like Us one or I Surrender and Natural Woman. This song despite it being cheesy, I love the raw emotion and shock in this performance. It still moves me, it still makes me teary when I see it sometimes because I can so feel her excitement and joy in that moment.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Day Four - Favorite American Idol Performance

Stuff Like That There

Although I agree with most that her Natural Woman performance is probably the most iconic vocal of her AI run, and the AMLT finale and PxP performances being the most emotionally memorable, I have to say that as far as overall performance goes, this is my favorite

It's got the look, the sass, the vocals, the personality... whereas the other performances were mainly about the vocals, or at least focused on the vocals, this was an overall PERFORMANCE. It was so utterly believable that she actually was a 1940s singer on the TV for that short span of two minutes and forty seconds.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

4. What's your favourite American Idol performance?

Hands down, it is Stuff Like That There for me. Everything about that performance was so spot on.
From attitude, singing and the clothes. It was just so perfect.

Also a newer performance of the song with Kelly and it is just as good.

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

3. What's your favourite American Idol performance?
Season One: A Moment Like This
Not that I can answer this fairly since while I've listened to I think most of the songs from when she was on Idol that was years ago & I don't remember them. I just like the emotion & excitement in this
Return performances: Piece by Piece
Again I'm not sure if I'm answering this fairly either as me seeing them are hit & miss. But there was something about this performance . Not just the emotion at the end, but it just felt like a beautiful & chilling version even before you get to the end

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

4. What's your favourite American Idol performance?

As much as I LOVE SLTT, the results show performance of Without You is hands down my favourite. I used to watch this over and over again I love how the audience give her a standing ovation before she's even finished singing and Simons comments after summed it up perfectly!

Last edited by xkellyx; 11-05-2017 at 06:09 AM
xkellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

5. Which song is your fav from the 'Breakaway' album?

This was an easy pick for me even though she has lots of good songs on the album.
My favorite has always been Where Is Your Heart. The piano and the lyrics are
so beautiful and I love when she sings this part so so much:
Like a petal fallin' to the ground. A dreamer followin' his dream.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loving all the Idol performances listed, they're all pretty great when it comes down to it!

Where is your heart! I love that song!

It's difficult for me because I like a lot of songs for different reasons but I do love the 'Breakaway'
It's been a bit of an anthem lyric wise for me because it helped me in real life. So that's why I chose Breakaway plus there are some great live performances of the song as well.

Especially these lyrics!

Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change
And breakaway

Old 11-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Day Five - Which song is your fav from the 'Breakaway' album?

Addicted

I used the audio of the tour version because that intro was GENIUS and perfection.
I was torn, because while I love the singles,
I adore this song because I was just so shocked by the lyrics and tone of this song
when I first heard it. I played it over and over, and there's something special about it
that I can't really pinpoint... I can tell it was personal to her, and it might have even fit on MD,
honestly. It kind of stood out from the rest of the album due to the harder rock elements.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

This was hard to just pick one but I have to go with Because Of You. "My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with" is one of my favourite lyrics ever. Beautiful song
Old 11-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

4. Which song is your fav from the 'Breakaway' album?
Because of You
This song will always be special to me. Its my all time favourite song in general, not just my favourite Kelly song. It introduced me to Kelly but it spoke to me, cut me down, & I've related to it at numerous points in my life. It just holds so much heart, pain, & strength in it. Its amazing & I can't believe that anyone at RCA would think otherwise. I'd like to think that Kelly & that song proved them wrong as its just amazing
Behind These Hazel Eyes
I kinda felt bad to go with BoY as there' so many great songs on Breakaway so I'm listing two songs. I'm bias over BoY since its my favourite song, so that didn't feel fair to all the other songs. IF I were to ignore BoY being on the album then I think I'd go with BTHE, although it is a tough choice. I love it for a similar reason I love BoY - it has heart, pain, & strength in it, & i've related to it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great song yes, that's why I am listing it as the answer for the next question

6. Which song made you a Kelly Clarkson fan?

Of course Miss Independent came by on Dutch radios/TV, as did SUBG and Breakaway and I really liked them, but the pain of this song and the video is heartbreaking as well.. I think this song really turned me into a full time Kelly Clarkson fan because time after time she released so many great singles that I couldn't help but admit by this time that I was a fan and I had to buy that album

Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have never ever heard about Kelly before 2005 (at least that is when I rembered her name). And I was in a store close were I lived. I remember them playing her album in the speakers and the song I took notice of first was Because of You. I loved it so much. That I had to try to find out who sang it and one of the workers there said it was Kelly Clarkson - Breakway album. During that time they sold CDs so I went there to look for it and I found it. When I got home and when I had listen to the whole album for the first time in my room I was a fan of Kelly.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Day Six - What Song Made You a Kelly Clarkson Fan?

This one was hard for me to pick, because it's not actually her song.
I've pretty much been a Kelly fan since right off the bat.
I don't remember what stood out to me so much about her when I first saw her on Idol, really,
that made me focus on her above the others, but I'm pretty sure the first episode
I saw was her top 30 results show. I can't really remember what performance made
me a big fan, but I know it was prior to the finale.
That said... I will choose...
"Natural Woman"

That one is still a standout, and I think that's when most people really took notice of her on Idol. The song that really gripped me and ensured my devotion? Probably "Miss Independent."

Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Because of You

Kelly's one of those artists I heard on the radio growing up as my mother would have it on in the morning mainly for the news. I'd listen to the music though while I got ready to go to school but most of the time I had no idea who the artists were, I just thought that the songs were good. I couldn't tell you the first Kelly song I heard, but I feel like BoY was one that I heard on the radio. The first song I heard & learned what her name was was the duet version of Because of You. I then got to hear the whole Breakaway album & fell in love with the original version of that song & of course Kelly. So I'd say I've probably only really known who Kelly was for around 9-10 years. I don't know which song exactly made me a fan of hers, I just loved what I was hearing after discovering her through that duet & then hearing the Breakaway album

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread