Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I legitimately forgot that she did a Christmas song with Blake.

Winter Dreams makes me want to be in a relationship.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I have Blake's album so I don't forget the song exists, its probably my most played song from that album . I've never heard the song before so can't compare it to any other versions, but I don't know that its the best Christmas song she's sung. Still a good one though & their voices work well together

Kelly's Christmas Songs
Day 8: Blue Christmas

'Blue Christmas' is a song written by Billy Hayes and Jay W. Johnson. The song was first recorded by Doye O'Dell in 1948, however Elvis Presley's version from his 1957 LP Elvis' Christmas Album is more famous and cemented the song as a rock-and-roll holiday classic.

The song is the seventh track on Kelly's 2013 Christmas album Wrapped in Red. During the holiday season of 2013 the song appeared on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart, reaching #5. Kelly has performed the song on the Christmas at Rockefeller Center television special and The Today Show in 2013, and at her Miracle on Broadway concert in 2016. Kelly has also performed the song in 2005 at Christmas Calling in the UK (which is the first video below).

Old 12-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

The song with Blake is not my favourite. They do sound great together just not a big fan of the song

I do like the recorded version of Blue Christmas but I think I prefer the live version she sang years ago I prefer the more bluesy feel to it.

Last edited by xkellyx; 12-16-2017 at 02:47 AM
xkellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like it more when she sings alone.
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think its often preferable when she sings alone - that means we get more Kelly unlike with this next song

Kelly's Christmas Songs
Day 9: Silent Night (feat. Reba McEntire & Trisha Yearwood)

'Silent Night' is a Christmas carol written by Joseph Mohr and composed by Franz Xaver Gruber in 1818. The song has been recorded by a lot of various artists from various genres over the years, with Bing Crosby's version being the third best-selling single of all-time. The carol was originally written in german (known as Stille Nacht), and has been translated into around 140 languages. In 2011 Silent Night was declared an intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO.

The song is the fourteenth track on Kelly's 2013 Christmas album Wrapped in Red. It serves as the final track on the standard edition, while on the deluxe edition it is followed by two additional songs. For the song Kelly sings with Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire. They each sing a verse of the song before ending with an a cappella verse with the three singing together. After the album's release the song reached #1 on the Billboard Holiday Digital Songs chart. The song also reached #22 on the Billboard Canada AC chart, while also charting on the Billboard Holiday 100 and Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. The trio performed the song together on Kelly's Christmas special, as well as her Miracle on Broadway concert in 2016.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Love the song but hate that you can barely hear Kelly at the end Would love a solo version!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkellyx (View Post)
Love the song but hate that you can barely hear Kelly at the end Would love a solo version!
Agree with everything you said Beautiful song, but this version isn't the best because I'm not a huge fan of Rebas voice that is overpowering the other two in it.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think its fair that its meant to be a harmony yet Reba's overpowering them . That's the only 'fault' I can say about the song, I love it anyway. But I love Silent Night I really want a solo version one day though
Old 12-17-2017, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, not sure why they made Reba's voice "louder" than the others.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't either. Guess they didn't see it that way?

Kelly's Christmas Songs
Day 10: Wrapped In Red

'Wrapped in Red' is a song written by Kelly Clarkson, Ashley Arrison, Aben Eubanks, and Shane McAnally for Kelly's 2013 Christmas album Wrapped in Red. The song is the first song on the album, and was released as the second single on November 25, 2014. After being released as a single in the song reached #2 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. The song also had charted the year before, after the album's release; reaching #5 on the Billboard Holiday Digital Songs chart, and #10 on the Billboard Canada AC chart.

Kelly has said that the song was inspired by a scene from the 2003 movie, Love Actually, where Andrew Lincoln's character (Mark) confesses his unrequited love towards Keira Knightley's character (Juliet). The colour red is used to represent not just Christmas, but emotions like love, pain, and beauty. To date, Kelly has only performed the song on her Christmas special. The music video for the song features footage from Kelly's Christmas past, mixed with performance scenes set against different background colours which represent different themes and atmosphere from the song.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love WIR. Her voice sounds so pretty on it, and it just gives me a very cozy vibe. Surprised she's only performed it live the one time, tbh.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I was surprised by that fact too . Looking at the setlists for Miracle on Broadway (something I forgot to double check yesterday) she performed it there both years. The first year she performed it with Aben Eubanks, Ashley Arrison, and Shane McAnally. So she's performed the song three times & I shouldn't just believe what I read

Kelly's Christmas Songs
Day 11: Run Run Rudolph

'Run Run Rudolph (AKA Run Rudolph Run)' is a song written by Johnny Marks and Marvin Brodie, and originally recorded by Chuck Berry in 1958.

The song is the fourth track on Kelly's 2013 Christmas album Wrapped in Red. The song charted at #7 on the Billboard Canada AC chart. Kelly has started that the song is a favourite holiday classic "just because it got to be a little more rock and roll." The song has been used during a Belk holiday advertisement. Kelly has performed the song on her Christmas special, the Christmas at Rockefeller Center television special in 2013, at her 2016 Miracle on Broadway concert, and a iHeartRadio exclusive.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would love a solo version of Silent Night

I love Wrapped in Red.. It's a great song! Same for Run Run Rudolph!

I heard 'Christmas Eve' on the Dutch radio a few days ago! I was so excited in my car

https://www.etalk.ca/Celebrity/Decem...y-or-nice-list

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 12-18-2017 at 09:23 AM
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Run Run Rudolph! It's such a fun song.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are some great live performances of that song as well Even from last year!

x

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 12-18-2017 at 03:03 PM
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread