Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2019, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

KC News & Appearances Thread #37 | Apparently she can do more! New Vegas Residency! New Single in the works... This woman amazes us!

Welcome to the 37th
[Kelly Clarkson]
News & Appearances Thread

- Recent News and Appearances-

December 2019
December 10th - Taping of NBC NYE Performance with Blake Shelton

November 2019
Kelly will host a Vegas Residency starting April 1st, 2020 till september 2020.

On a recent ep of 'the Morning Show' on Apple TV, Kelly made an appereance.

- Recent Interviews -

- Upcoming Appearances -
  • Kelly Clarkson is a godmother to "Norwegian Encore" Cruise Ship, The 'Christening' event takes place on November November 21st, 2019

- Previous Threads -
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10
#11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20
#21 | #22 | #23 | #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30
#31 | #32 | #33 | #34 | 35
| 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

If you find any articles, blurbs, magazine scans,
news about appearances, etc... Post it in here!
Share all and any Kelly news with the fans

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 11-23-2019 at 11:37 AM
Old 11-18-2019, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

article
I saw it come by this weekend but I didn't have a chance to drop it by

Kelly Clarkson Dishes on Her Talk Show, Vegas Residency, and a "Really Magical" New Song

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson amazes us every time she covers hit songs on The Kelly Clarkson Show. Between crooning Sia's "Chandelier" and Post Malone's "Better Now," no genre is off limits for the illustrious American Idol winner. So how does the 37-year-old star choose which tunes to perform? "There are lists that are sent in and submitted from fans. So far, every request has been really cool. [My team] also makes lists," Clarkson told POPSUGAR over the phone on Nov. 12. "If people say, 'We want you to cover this,' and I've already done the song, we might pick different song from the same artist." Although all of her performances are top-notch, Clarkson cited her covers of Lizzo's "Juice" and Heart's "Alone" as two of her favourite Kellyoke moments.

Still, tackling other legendary singers is a bit daunting, even for her. Prime example: when she sang "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Clarkson admitted that performing a classic hit by such an icon was nerve-wracking. "I was like, 'Why the hell am I covering Whitney Houston? Oh, my God.' It's just hard to cover her because it's like no one's going to win." (For what it's worth, we thought she rocked the performance.)

In addition to the show's musicality, Clarkson has enjoyed expanding her platform. It's even opened doors for other opportunities, including a collaboration with Norwegian Cruise Line, which just named her the godmother of its newest ship, Norwegian Encore. Through the partnership, Clarkson will get to holiday on the craft with her family — husband Brandon Blackstock and children River Rose, 5, and Remington, 3 — as well as send fans on getaways. "It's just really cool that we get to help people who maybe couldn't afford to go on trips with their family," she said.

More than anything, Clarkson has been able to have fun doing what she loves. She's interviewed some of her favourite stars, such as Garth Brooks, and hopes to continue chatting with other figures who have inspired her. "Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro, Denzel Washington, or Tom Hanks — any of those people that I grew up watching and still watch," she said listing a few of her dream guests. "They're all rad." And despite her initial fears of hosting a talk show ("I love talking so much and thought I might not shut up," she noted), Clarkson has found her footing in the small screen sphere. "My show is what it is, and I am who I am," she said. "Some people will dig it, some people won't, and that's cool."

As if hosting a talk show and being a godmother to a cruise ship isn't admirable enough, the songstress also has her Las Vegas residency, Kelly Clarkson: Invincible, coming up. The 16-show event, named after her 2015 hit, will start on April 1, 2020, and run through September 2020. "I love the song, 'Invincible,'" Clarkson said. "Invincible is the name [of the residency] because we wanted something that felt strong and had a lot of meaning — a classic name that could last."

Hopefully by the time her residency rolls around, she will have dropped her new single that's in the works. She didn't offer an official release date, but she did tease a little bit about the song's special meaning. "I haven't had enough time to do a full album, but this song is so powerful. It's one of my favourite songs I've ever been the vessel for," she said. "I love the songwriter, I love the message. It's all encompassing and really magical. It's about inclusivity, connecting with people, taking that higher road, and being the best version of yourself."

Old 11-18-2019, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so excited to hear the song

thanks for the new thread btw
Old 11-18-2019, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome Very curious about the song too!! Hearing her talk about it gives me no indication in what kind of genre we should be looking for! Very curious what kind of sound it will be

Old 11-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!

So excited for a new song
Old 11-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No album so far This makes me sad. I'm sure Kelly is happy, but the music is really the major concern for me and what I am invested in. I hope she takes a break from the Voice after next season to free up some time, tbh.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-19-2019, 12:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the new thread & article

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
No album so far This makes me sad. I'm sure Kelly is happy, but the music is really the major concern for me and what I am invested in. I hope she takes a break from the Voice after next season to free up some time, tbh.
I wouldn't mind if she skipped a season no. I think we won't find that out till next spring.

I do get why she doesn't have that album yet since she toured early this year and after that the whole voice/talkshow thing happened..

Some people have mentioned that it could be an EP as well though I'm not familiair with how that works.
I only know it contains a few songs and not over 10 like albums do

ETA"

Another new interview!

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson already has a stacked resume — singer, songwriter, talk-show host, “Voice” coach, children’s book author and mother of four. Now she’s adding travel to the mix.

Clarkson has been named godmother of Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, Norwegian Encore, and the pop star said she signed on to the project because it aligned with the things that are most important to her life: families spending time together, humanitarian work and live music.

“That’s kind of where I’m at in my career. It’s not just about singing. It’s not just about the talk show. It’s not just about being the godmother of the ship, Vegas residency or any of that stuff. It’s about all of it tying together and making sense organically together,” Clarkson said. “That’s when I start to say ‘yes’ to things at this point in my career because I don’t need to say `yes’ necessarily because I’m super-blessed. I say ‘yes’ when it fits and it makes sense with the whole package.”

Clarkson, 37, will perform at the ship’s christening ceremony Thursday in Miami. She jokes about being a godmother for the first time and is excited to finally take a vacation that suits all her children, whose ages range from 3 to 18.

“This is my first godchild. I did it right. I don’t have to take care of anything. It just gives me things — awesome,” Clarkson said. “I’m super-stoked about it.

“We’re a big family. It’s always hard to find vacations that everybody’s really into.”

On NBC’s “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” Clarkson gave away free cruises to 20 music educators as part of her partnership with Norwegian. The new ship, which is officially launching this fall, will also have a reading room named in honor of Clarkson’s daughter River Rose called the River Rose Reading Room.

“Reading is very important to our family. We do it every night with our kids. My mom is a teacher, so I definitely was a teacher’s kid,” she said.

Clarkson, who won “American Idol” in 2002 and immediately became a chart-topping singer, said she’s surprised at the different fields that she’s been able to explore in her career.

“All I did was get in trouble for talking too much,” she said. “The fact that it turned into a job is kind of just … I definitely never thought I’d be in this position.”

Clarkson said her music fans shouldn’t be worried though — she recently recorded what she calls “one of my favorite songs I’ll probably ever do in my career.” She will also launch her Las Vegas residency on April 1, 2020.

“It’s a beautifully written song and one of my favorite writers in the world wrote it. It’s kind of all of these worlds colliding and … the whole experience has been amazing and hopefully our whole idea for the song pans out,” she said. “I’ve never done anything like this in my career. All of what I’m saying isn’t making sense until you actually know what’s happening, so I’m sorry for the weirdness. But you’ll know by the time it comes out, like, ‘OK, she’s not weird. It does make sense.’ It’s a new way. I’ve never really done anything like it.”

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/enter...-cruise-ships/

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 11-19-2019 at 12:23 PM
Old 11-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting!
Old 11-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

She makes me very curious now though!

Old 11-19-2019, 11:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Some people have mentioned that it could be an EP as well though I'm not familiair with how that works.
I only know it contains a few songs and not over 10 like albums do
As far as I know that's basically what an EP is. An artist releases an album, but it is only a smaller album with a handful of songs on it. So we still get something new, & a few new songs, but it won't be as big as a new album. It also may not be as promoted, not sure

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that's what I thought

She christened the Norwegian Encore Cruise ship yesterday!

Quote:
With the day saved, the eagerly awaited godmother Kelly Clarkson made her big entrance. She spoke about how Encore is the perfect family vacation for a family like hers with kids from 3 to 17, and praised the River Rose Reading Room, named after her daughter, in the Guppies under-3 play area. (Clarkson, daughter of a teacher, is a huge advocate of reading with young children.) She told the audience how Encore is the perfect ship for her because it's Norwegian's 17th ship and it's been 17 years since she won American Idol, but told Duran that she was sad she didn't actually get to smash the bottle of Champagne because "I like to break stuff."

Then she blessed the ship, waved a wand (she wanted to put the fairy back into godmothering), sparks flew and the video screen captured the successful smash of Champagne bottle against the ship's hull. The party ended with a bang as Clarkson performed a short concert of several of her hit songs, while the audience batted giant color-changing beach balls around and sang along.
https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/4796/

Cool

Old 11-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

cool!
Old 11-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another event coming up

She's doing a taping for New Year's Eve with Blake Shelton on December 10th

https://1iota.com/Event/70167/Request?