Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2020, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Inspired By Kelly Clarkson

If this is out of line please delete it, but I was thinking that maybe we could share something that KC has inspired us to do. I know that she has inspired two of the poems that I have written (I will only share them with permission) as well as art work that I haven't put on canvas yet, but do have prepared idea wise as to how is should be placed. Has she inspired anyone else in any way?

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 03-15-2020 at 08:25 AM
Old 03-14-2020, 10:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think it is a nice thread idea (but up to the mods of course what they want to do)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-15-2020, 08:26 AM
Loyal Fan

While most of you know each other already. I'm still the newbie and there was also the thought that we may get to know each other better and maybe discover something else about each other that we were unaware of.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I guess this type of thread is okay. I will share the two poems that KC inspired. The first one came about after my Mom listened to the song and when we went to bed the song kept playing in my mind like it was on a loop. Not until I picked up pen and paper did it stop.

Piece By Piece

Piece by piece
She gave you her heart
Piece by piece
You tore it apart
Now she doesn't trust
Anything she may feel
She doesn't believe
Anything could be real
Is there someone
That could put her heart together
Is there someone
Who could love her forever
Piece by piece
She will start to mend
And just maybe
Piece by piece
She could love again

This one came from just hearing the song title.

I Dare You

I dare you to be honest
I dare you to be real
I dare you to tell me
How you truly feel
Was it all a scam
Was it all a game
Is liar
Your true name
I dare you
To strip your skin
I dare you to open up
I dare you
To let someone in

I have more poetry, but these two were KC inspired. If it is okay with the mods and there is a certain type that you would like to see I will go through what I have and try to find one that fits what you want or I can write one for you. If there is a KC song that inspires you in some way and you want that turned into a poem then I will gladly work on it for you.

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 03-24-2020 at 12:28 PM
Old 03-16-2020, 06:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

If you have something more to add try to remember to edit your previous post instead of responding to yourself . I think if its been 24 hours then its fine but I can never remember if its 24 hours or 48 hours you should wait.

I don't see the issue but I also don't think the mods have been on to have the chance to discuss or decide. As you said - it is a place to learn more things. As well as discuss how inspirational Kelly & her songs can be

Great poems

If you do write poetry & want to share it maybe ask on the Fan Art & Books & Writing boards to see if its ok to share on one of them?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-17-2020, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's usually 48 hours I Merged your final 2 posts

Great poems that got you inspired!

Well sometimes I did some handlettering on a notebook to draw a little, I sometimes used kelly's lyrics (because they're awesome) to give me some text to become creative!

Good idea for a thread

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 03-17-2020, 05:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
It's usually 48 hours I Merged your final 2 posts

Great poems that got you inspired!

Well sometimes I did some handlettering on a notebook to draw a little, I sometimes used kelly's lyrics (because they're awesome) to give me some text to become creative!

Good idea for a thread
I wasn't thinking and should have merged them...thank you for doing so. I would love to see some of the art work that she inspired from you. I still have to put mine on canvas, but it was inspired by the song Invincible.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they got lost during the move last year I'll have to look for it!

Plus with all this staying at home, I could try to pick it up again!

Perhaps we could do a challenge to keep ourselves busy!

Old 03-18-2020, 03:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I didn't think of that but I guess I've played around scribbling with her lyrics. Don't think I've actually done any art inspired by Kelly though... Graphics I've done of course. That has been inspired by pictures, a song, a moment, ect. we'd be here a while if I went through that

This has been my desktop since I made it now almost two years ago. Can't change it. Too much inspiration & power in that song & music video

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-18-2020, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is gorgeous

Old 03-18-2020, 05:13 AM
Loyal Fan

That is so beautiful. Mine won't be anything like that...my true art is poetry, but I'm getting into pottery and starting to make things with canvas and drawings. I figure start like a child and I will learn to be better as I go. I may be a 48 year old child, but better to start somewhere than not at all.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I have a question...I was played by someone pretending to work for KC, It took me all of 5 seconds to know in was a scam, but my biggest fault is trying to look at the good in someone and ignore the bad. Yes, I have alerted the KC show after I was contacted by them for a different reason. I did fall for this woman, only to find out just how much of a b***h she truly was and that she had a boyfriend at the same time. My question is...I had written some poetry during that time that was partially inspired by who I had originally thought was KC. (This woman had done her research) Should I share those poems or not?

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 03-19-2020 at 06:22 AM
Old 03-19-2020, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I get it...You understand that I am a lesbian and therefore I am not welcome here anymore. Not a problem.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You need to be patient & wait for people to have the time to respond. We are from all over the world so in different timezones, then may not always get on. I know Karen is also a nurse so can work irregular hours & it can be unpredictable when she gets on as it will depend upon her shift as well as what else is happening in her life. For example she was busy with family over the weekend so wasn't on much then. I work in a preschool so some days all those children (& tbh the staff) drain me so I won't stop by the board or will only make a few posts.

I personaly would say yes share them if you want but as I am not a mod here not really my call. It has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality. All over this site there are people of various backgrounds & sexualities & one of the great things about it is that its inclusive. This is a place to share your love for something with other fans, not a place for judgement.

As for your sexuality & this board no it has nothing to do with that. A former moderator here identified as gay too. Unfortunately she's no longer with us but she did used to both post here & moderate the board. We've also had at least one other lesbian poster who would occasionally stop by. Sexualities don't matter. They are here to be fans. Also in both of those cases I knew the posters in real life & they are/were amazing friends. Sexuality doesn't bother me, its the person who matters. They are/were good people, & you seem to be too to me. I've also never seen any post made by you that hints or implies that you are a lesbian but even if you have made one no one here would care. If they have or are saying something negative then please let one of the mods or even myself know as its not ok behaviour on this site.

I've been posting here probably for 10 years now & no one has ever made me feel unwelcome. They've known I am bisexual, that I dated a woman, & that my ex was also a poster here. It didn't matter to anyone. There are some amazing people here so if you are feeling unwelcome here I am sorry. But it isn't anything to do with sexuality I can promise you that. I'd love to try explore why so feel free to send me Private Message & we can discuss

Not necessarily a thing inspired by Kelly, but in line with this thread though. Kelly's music has actually helped me accept myself & my sexuality. Its given me the strength to be more open in my life about it. Along with the strength to see abusive situautions I have been in & need to get out of. One fav for that is 'If No One Will Listen'. I have known for a long time that if my world rejects me that the Kelly fandom here will always accept me & have my back

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for you for your kind words. I'm sorry because I don't know your name. I will have to make a cheat sheet until I can remember everyone's name. I live in the USA and I personally hold nurses in very high regard, so Karen, not sure of her board name, has won me over for that alone. The dearest friend I have is a RN and we became friends when she was still on the ambulance as an EMT. Her youngest son has my heart and he knows it.

As for not feeling welcome...see the post that i had made prior to that one, add that to something that was said by my mom, my dad hates that I'm gay and it just all snowballed. I wrote it without thinking and when I realized what I had done I couldn't find a way to delete it and I did try.

You're a teacher? That is so cool My high school sweetheart's mom is also a teacher. My best friend from high school is one and so is my cousin.

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 03-20-2020 at 07:27 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread