Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
How are you & things going Kelly?
I'm good thanks. My cousin has been moved to a rehabilitation ward in the hospital, still no change in her condition though. They are allowing a visitor for half an hour a day again. My aunt showed me a picture of her in the hospital and I genuinely didn't recognise her!
Old 11-18-2020, 12:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Holidays is a scary time . Its terrible having so many families apart but its for the best to do so Sucks... at least technology can bring people a little closer but its not the same
It sucks for the US having the two holidays to contend with too

Even here we seem to be having it under control & then we get cases again. States are trying to open borders up but then cases occur & they want to shut back down again. Traveling isn't recommended but we also need it to occur as we need money circling around the country for businesses. Then people want to be with families for holidays. Its so hard to know what is the right thing to do

Kelly that's a shame there's still no change in her condition. Scary you don't recognise her. Nice you can visit again, or her mother at least can. That's something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-19-2020, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

true that Chelle It's very hard to think of what you should do, you wanna let people be with their families though you want the cases to be steady too and not rise a lot so hospitals will have issues with admissions and therapy

Sorry Kelly that there's still no improvement and it must be hard to see what she looks like now especially if you don't recognise her..
such a sad time for your family, especially in this covid time when you want to be there for each other so badly and for your cousin but it's all so much more difficult

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 11-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Its a bit of a no-win situation. It sucks hopefully cases go down a bit & maybe by Christmas things will be safer to travel

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-22-2020, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not too optimistic... trying to see if we can create a creative way of celebrating it nonetheless

Old 11-23-2020, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am lucky in that I can travel by car and not be exposed to others, and my family is small and we can also social distance and eat outside.

I feel like if I had a bigger family we would do a Zoom celebration or something.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-24-2020, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That does help

Things are looking ok here but I'm concerned people will go travel for Christmas &/or Summer holidays & that'll make things go bad. Hopefully it won't

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-26-2020, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know most of you aren’t in the U.S., but I am thankful for you this year!

Old 11-27-2020, 06:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I know most of you aren’t in the U.S., but I am thankful for you this year!
I second that thought and I'm in Florida.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope you both had a wonderful Thanksgiving, if you celebrate, even with everything going on atm (& anyone else who may be in the US but pretty sure its just the two of you)

I don't really get your thanksgiving practices or the being thankful for things thing but I appreciate the sentiment . I'm grateful for this board & everyone here for being so amazing & supportive

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-27-2020, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha yeah it’s weird, like to be honest we really should be thankful and express that gratitude throughout the year more explicitly instead of just on that one particular day. Really it’s become so commercialized - the food is always good but I will say that this year I was definitely more mindful of the conversation and just enjoying being around family since we haven’t seen each other as much as usual due to Covid-19.

Old 11-29-2020, 12:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I didn't mean it like that. I simply don't know anything about Thanksgiving since we don't have it or any holiday like that. So I don't really get saying you're thankful for something or why you say it. But I will agree that people should be thankful & express gratitude all year, or not feel like they have to just because of a set holiday. But I'm also someone who's anti-Valentine's Day .

A shame Thanksgiving is becoming commercialized. Doesn't surprise me, everything is going that way . We even get the Black Friday sales here which I don't really get. Any excuse for a sale I guess

Glad you got to spend the day with family even with covid

It is so hot here this weekend High 30s (around 100 F)
Foolish me braved the heat yesterday to put up Christmas lights. Didn't sleep well last night between the heat & wind (unfortunately hot wind) so it & the heat today has left me exhausted

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Sorry I haven't been posting. Have been struggling a bit lately and I have also started getting migraines!
Old 12-01-2020, 12:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh no hope you're ok & they clear up soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-01-2020, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

sorry to hear that Kelly we're here for you if you want to ramble!

Hope everyone is doing well
Tomorrow Sophie is already 1 month old!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread