Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, that's really tough when logistically it just isn't feasible, especially when the position is so well suited to you. I was in a bit of the same situation, it was mainly location that was a problem for me. I really hope that another similar position will be available when you are ready!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 10-29-2019, 11:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The location isn't a huge deal for me, especially when there's a really nice half way location where my family & I could meet up for a day. So I'd still be able to do Mother's & Father's Day with my parents easily enough. Then it wouldn't be a huge thing for me to go visit for holidays like Christmas & Easter without taking time off. Where I am now is around 5 hours so you can't do that if you finish work at 6 but 3 hours is still feasible. Then I was already looking with 3 hours being the max distance in my head, with the two closer locations as my main preferences (especially with the university locations). Its mostly the timing which sucks. I'd put up with the location for a good job too. Nothing I do is talking myself out of this... I really want to apply

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2019, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You can always put in an application and see about the process, go on an interview hopefully. That's always good experience. See what happens, and then after you receive an answer, you can decide from there.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't want to waste their time though & if they said yes I wouldn't want to turn around & then say no since I can't actually go yet. I'm tempted however to contact them & ask where the centre is since I can't research that myself (it doesn't come up in Google yet ). Then I can actually look at if I can go up & rely on public transport ... plus if I ask questions about the place then I can get a feel for what I'd actually be applying for as then I'd know age grouping, size, ect.

Quote:
Is it easy to get an apartment or house wehre your family lives?
There's a few available so I'd say yes. Its also like half the price of what I pay now so more options to consider. Its mainly my pet-friendly issue still that's a small problem. But once I'm up there I think it'll be easier for me to figure out how or if I can get around that... It'll be getting a job that's far more difficult

Quote:
I was in a bit of the same situation, it was mainly location that was a problem for me.
Missed your post before, sorry. That sucks Locations are evil, especially when everything else is perfect. I hope you have better luck soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2019, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Chelle!

Good idea that you call and ask them about the position, it shows initiative and interest so even if you can't necessarily take this current position, they will sort of know you by name for the future if more positions open up later. And it's at least good networking, maybe they'd know of something closer to you, too.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly what I'm telling myself

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2019, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Call them Chelle

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be at my cousin's wedding tomorrow. I don't know if any of you celebrate Halloween, but I hope you have a good day either way!

Old 10-31-2019, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy Halloween for those celebrating!

It is gaining popularity here in Holland but we don't go trick and treating here

Have fun at the wedding! Is it gonna be a spooky one?!

Old 11-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Its gaining popularity here too, I just don't understand it . I also get the feeling that we don't actually understand it, people just let their children dress up & go around collecting lollies (or candy as its being called as we're slowly being Americanised ). Some houses decorate too. I don't get it as it wasn't something I was raised with. Then I feel we're missing something & we don't get the true meaning of the holiday or even trick-or-treating. I had on cat ears at work yesterday though for the children . I actually used it to settle one of the children/seperate her from her mother. She was dressed as a witch & I had left my ears in the staff room so she was my special helper to go get my cat ears so I became her cat . For the rest of the day she kept reminding me that I was her cat . Halloween also does mean some of the children go home early so they can go trick-or-treating so that is nice for us
Otherwise for the most part when it comes to Halloween its just another day for me. It also feels like the wrong time of year? I guess I know that it is also Samhain & how part of that holiday is how the veil between the living & dead is lowered, & I also know that in the Southern Hemisphere all those holidays are reversed as they're tied to the seasons/time of year. Our days are getting longer, warmer, brighter, ect. while in the Northern Hemisphere they're getting shorter, cooler, darker, ect. so it'd be a whole different experience & atmosphere I'd think then

Hope you enjoyed the wedding Amelia

Not sure if I'll be on much over the weekend, spending time with family for my Nanna's birthday

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2019, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

there are no real dress ups on the streets here thankfully there are some halloween parties where you can dress up or spook nights at amusement parks.

Though in 2 weeks we have anoher thing called 'Saint Maarten' where we go by the doors and sing songs for candy

Have a good weekend Chelle!

Old 11-01-2019, 02:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I feel like 'Saint Maarten' sounds like a cross between Halloween trick-or-treating (or at least as much as we do) & Christmas carols when carollers go door to door. I'm sure its not & far more than that, but that's what it sounds like. No surprise you don't really have Halloween then as you have no need for at least the trick-or-treating aspect of it

You too will you be working?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2019, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes it's gonna be my work weekend.. I only have wednesday off till next sunday!

Well I like this Saint Maarten thing... it's cute to have kids by your door singing songs, especially the young ones

Old 11-01-2019, 03:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

So many working days Hope its a quiet weekend

It sounds cute

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-01-2019, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

apart from working i have no other obligations!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread