Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing, I'm really curious about her next album!
I only hope she does songs that complement her voice!
F.e. I like piece by piece better when it's like on american idol then what it was on the album... The AI version fitted the song so much better.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
hen she leans too far one way she risks alienating some fans who prefer her other stuff and are not fond of that genre. It is best when she has a mix of everything
Exactly. Then I'm sure some fans are probably disappointed about the sound of this soul/R&B album too but no matter what she releases its going to still hold something to make you know its hers

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-17-2016, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think as long as an artist sticks to what suits them best I think it sounds right most of the times...

Old 10-18-2016, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

There could be but hopefully they see her excitement and understand why she is going down this path.
Quote:
I think as long as an artist sticks to what suits them best I think it sounds right most of the times...
I agree.

Quote:
F.e. I like piece by piece better when it's like on american idol then what it was on the album... The AI version fitted the song so much better.
I prefer it as well; you can feel the emotion in it more.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely missed your post before Karen as it was a few minutes before my post. I'm sure she will do songs which compliment her voice but yeah that's what I want too

I also prefer that version of Piece by Piece & feel it fits the song more. Still love the album version though

Quote:
I think for Kelly she can do so much & cross into a few genres that it doesn't matter too much I just think when her album has something of everything then she will make more fans happy than an album of just one genre. But I've seen a few who aren't fond of the idea of a country album or have concerns over it. But she's not doing it yet so we can throw concern over that one if she does do one in the future

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-18-2016, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

the album version is good too.. but the AI version really hit me with tears the first time I heard it.. You could feel the emotion and pain behind the song much more..

Well she's done a few good country performances in the past.. Don't you wanna stay was a good one IMO

Old 10-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

It will not be bothering me if she does one .. and I am sure if she does it will still do well.
Quote:
but the AI version really hit me with tears the first time I heard it.. You could feel the emotion and pain behind the song much more..
Is there anyone who did not feel that way when watching/hearing it the first time? It really brings out the emotion so much more than the album version does.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely agree & feel the same about the Idol version

I like her county collaborations, I just have concerns over the reaction if she does a country album as I know some who are Kelly fans who aren't a fan of country but if they choose not to buy the album because its country (presuming she does release one) then I guess that's their choice & for them they're not missing out on anything as they may not enjoy it even if it is still Kelly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not the biggest fan of Country music. Some songs are good and some are not IMO, but if she will realese a country album in the future I will buy it to support her. And who knows, I might love it.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

If she ever releases such an album then I'm sure some wouldn't buy it but there might be also country fans who will buy it (who otherwise never buy any of her albums) So yeah, I don't think it matters that much..

Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Some songs are good and some are not IMO
You can get that with any genre but that also goes along with Chelle's point about me and AIEW. My opinion of pop music is probably the same as yours is for country music. Some are good and then some I like the lyrics of but not so much the music, but others are not. Then I bought and listen to the album to support Kelly but my opinion of the songs is hit and miss.

Quote:
but there might be also country fans who will buy it (who otherwise never buy any of her albums)
Very good point. I believe there are Reba fans, for example, who might buy the album especially if Reba is listed as an influence but otherwise her music is hit and miss for. I am sure the fans of some of her other collaborations and influences are the same. And then you have the country fans who may give it a go just to see what it is like; and if we are lucky it may get us more Kelly fans as they may check out her other music and fall in love with other parts.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You were one of the people I was thinking of Jessica But I also knew you'd said in the past that you'll buy it anyway. Hopefully most fans are like that

I didn't even consider the country fans who'd check the music out but you're both right there are them & never know it may actually create more fans for Kelly. I was just thinking of the existing fans
Quote:
I am sure the fans of some of her other collaborations and influences are the same.
Most likely. Probably even fans for Miranda, Blake, & Carrie would check it out

One thing about her doing a country album that I'm curious about is what it'll sound like. Will it be like some of the newer artists like Miranda, Carrie, Blake, ect. or would it take from older country like the Reba music that Kelly grew up listening to

Going back to this album sorry I probably am the one who took us on this random tangent I'm also curious to know the influences behind it. Does she have current & past influences? She's expressed her love for artists like Adele who is a current singer so I wonder if she'll be an influence for this album or if it'll be more like Aretha Franklin & Etta James who are older influences.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-20-2016, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

We need to think positive.. But right now she's going for soul first,I'm curious to see what that will sound like..

I hope she'll be influenced by old and new singers... I do hope we get to see slow songs (f.e. like Adele mostly does them) but also some faster paced songs...

Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

positive thinking is always good, I'm not always good at that one

Quote:
I hope she'll be influenced by old and new singers... I do hope we get to see slow songs (f.e. like Adele mostly does them) but also some faster paced songs...
That's exactly how I feel, especially for the slow & fast paced songs. I want a good mix of everything on it but it does sound like it might be from what Jessica posted on the last page

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I think so too.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Closed Thread   Post New Thread