Old 05-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

maybe they figured out their mistake

hmm that sounds odd but I'm sure they've got their reasons
Old 09-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly Clarkson: I Lost 'Millions' Over Dr. Luke Disagreement - Rolling Stone

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson said she chose to forgo "hundreds of thousands of dollars," if not "millions," nearly a decade ago when she refused to share a co-writing credit with producer Dr. Luke for her 2009 hit, "My Life Would Suck Without You."

The American Idol alum, who has spoken out against Dr. Luke (nee Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald) in the past, made the revelation during a recent interview with Z100.

"I was making a point to the people working with me, going, 'This is how much I don't want to do this,'" she said. "I don't care about the money. I don't care about, oh, 'You're going to be the most famous person ever if you do this.' That's not what holds weight in my life."

Clarkson clarified that while Dr. Luke did indeed pen the track, she made substantial changes to the song, and rightfully should have been given co-writing credit.

"There's a lot of times in my career where you don't see my name on the song and that's because sometimes I don't write them," she said. "A lot of times I do change the song in a way that probably you should ask for credit, but I don't because the song was already great – I just made it more me. I think a lot of artists steal credit a lot from writers, which I think is super crappy because that's their livelihood."

But, "if I deserve it, I usually ask," she continued. "And I did deserve it on ['My Life Would Suck Without You'] just because I changed it a bit." Clarkson also recalled how the topic was first broached, and how she vehemently refused to be associated with him.

"They brought up writing credit at the end," she went on. "They were like, 'Well, you changed the song.' And I was like, 'I don't want my name near his. I want to pretend this didn't happen in my life and I want to forget it.'"

Last year, Clarkson spoke out against Dr. Luke and in defense of Kesha, offering up her own take on the embattled music producer.

"A lot of artists that have worked with him don't work with him anymore for pretty good, solid reasons," she said during an interview with Australia's KIIS FM The Kyle & Jackie O Show. "He's not a good person to me. We've clashed. I can't really say anything other than that."

A rep for Gottwald did not immediately reply to Rolling Stone's request for comment.

I really feel bad for Kelly that she felt this badly during this AIEW album. The title of the album feels weirder for me now.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Yeah, I feel bad for her too. And I have been thinking that for a while now that this album was something she HAD to do in order to get My December out.

Edit*
Also I think her relationship with RCA became better after this era was over and she was recoding Stronger. But I'm really happy she left them behind when her contract was up.
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I strongly believe this album was a result of My December. She 'got her way' (in their minds) so then she HAD to do what they wanted. Then I feel it took a bit to get Stronger released because they had to sort through issues of the last two albums & try to reach a place where they could work together. But Kelly needed out of that contract & that seems to have been the best thing for her so far

Quote:
"A lot of times I do change the song in a way that probably you should ask for credit, but I don't because the song was already great – I just made it more me. I think a lot of artists steal credit a lot from writers, which I think is super crappy because that's their livelihood."
I love her & this
Old 09-16-2017, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have always felt that AIEW was never something Kelly really wanted mostly because all her albums feel very differently than this one, far less poppy and in the 'modern sound' of that moment.

It is pretty cool that she's giving the real writers credit and that she only wants credit when she feels like she's made substantial changes to a song!

Old 10-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had no idea about this. Thanks for posting this.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty cool gifset

x

Old 12-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is pretty!

I still want to see how the original musicvideo was going to be until RCA put a stop to it.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

did they do shoots for it?

Old 12-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
did they do shoots for it?
It is the same musicvideo shoots, but they cut away the storyline from it. It was supposed to have more to it then we got. This is from Joseph Kahn (the music video director) himself.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know that Jess I always thought the video could have been a lot better.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

It could have been so much better. Kahn expressed so much disappointment that he was forced to edit out so much and since then has never worked with Kelly again because of it. Edit* It was never Kelly's fault, but RCA fault that he felt like this.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not hard to be much better. It just looked odd. What was the random instruments? The whole song, plus video, just has a bad cloud over it

Maybe he can work with her now that she's no longer with RCA so should be able to get what he wants
Old 12-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I really hope he will. He has done some amazing work for artists.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

what kind of music vids has he done besides this one?

Such a shame they had to cut.. makes me wonder why?

Reply   Post New Thread