Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Exclusive: No 'Veronica Mars' Movie Anytime Soon, Says Creator - POPWRAP | Gossip | Entertainment | News

Quote:
I'm leading the parade of the heartbroken this morning fellow "Veronica Mars" fans because Rob Thomas, the show's creator, just broke the news to PopWrap that his proposed movie won't be coming soon to a theater near you. Sad face emoticon!

"While the pitch [to producer Joel Silver] went well and I don't think the movie's dead, right now it's looking depressing," Rob exclusively told PopWrap this morning during a chat about "Party Down," his new series. "I think honestly if we would have had the pitch ready a year earlier, it would be a go project. The hope that we would get a quick greenlight didn't materialize. This is the least optimistic I've felt in a while."

But, if there is any silver lining to be found in this dark, dismal storm cloud, Rob felt comfortable sharing what "Veronica Mars: The Movie" would have looked like now that the project isn't headed our way any time soon. "If we were going to do a movie, I would want to put Wallace and Logan and Mac and Weevil in it," he said in regards to whether or not it would focus on Veronica's FBI years. "We would have picked up just prior to Veronica's graduation, it would have been the college years."

As for those of you (read: me) who are still holding grudges against Rob for "Veronica's" ambivalent ending, rest assured, Rob hears you. "It's one of the reasons I wanted to do the movie. There was so much debate as to how we would end season three since it could have been our last episode. But truthfully, I didn't want to make it any easier for them to cancel us. I didn't want to give them that nice happy 'ahhh' feeling."

But should the movie gods smile upon Rob and financially back his baby, the producer is raring to go. "I would love nothing better than to make this movie, I would drop whatever else I was doing!"

THIS SUCKS. Rob telling us of his plans makes me even more sad. I really wanted this movie to happen and I was trying hard to be optimistic but realistic at the same time but I hate that it's not happening.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

It's not the best news, but I guess it was to be expected.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

oh, that's really all too sad

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that really sucks!! the optimistic part of me wants to believe there is still a chance somehow
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Total Fan

the ratings, the no movie... is just all hard to comprehend. its one of the best series with substance in a long time...

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, the news wasn't surprising but nevertheless sad.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

was expecting this but still
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually wasn't expecting it, the optimistic side of me really believe it was happening
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

That's sad, but kind of expected, though I was really hoping it would happen somehow.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Another article about the movie: 'Veronica Mars' movie looking more like a no-go | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com

Quote:
It doesn’t look good, Veronica Mars fans. Show creator Rob Thomas recently spilled to the New York Post that his plans for a film about the sleuth's college years had been put on hold. "I think honestly if we would have had the pitch ready a year earlier, it would be a 'go project,'" Thomas told the Post. "The hope that we would get a quick green light didn't materialize. This is the least optimistic I've felt in a while." Producer Joel Silver hasn’t given up just yet, but his publicist, Joy Fehily, acknowledged in an email to EW that there are still obstacles to getting the project off the ground: "Joel has a very strong attachment to Veronica Mars. Rob has a great idea for a movie, so Joel really hopes to find a way to make it." Warner Bros., who owns the property, did not respond to request for comment.
A little sliver of hope.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww I love Joel Silver I love that he's still trying
Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

I guess it's not completely dead, but I won't get too excited until we have more buzz again.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yah I'm just happy to hear a little bit of positive..but I'm not super excited until we hear more
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Ausiello just posted this:

Quote:
Question: Rumor has it the Veronica Mars movie is dead. What's the deal?! --Andrew
Ausiello: It's not dead. It's not alive. It's... I better let Rob Thomas explain: "I haven't received an official no [from Warner Bros.]. It's being considered, but at this point the chance of a quick green light isn't there. It's true I'm a bit discouraged, but I wouldn't pronounce it dead-dead. It's like the wheezy old man they're trying to cart off to the graveyard in Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Keep the faith, people!