Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Total Fan

Veronica Mars Music Thread

I love the music they use on the show. I hope that when the DVDs come out they don't change the music. *crosses fingers*

I am loving Kissinger's Gold Rush right now. :loe:

IMPORTANT THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Jerry and the management team have been working to come up with guidelines/rules for ff's music threads that would allow it to keep flourishing the same way it has during the past three years. These rules are effectively immediately. They will also be added to the first post shortly.

If you have any questions about these rules, I'm sure you can contact the VM moderators (Liz and/or Roz), any member of the management team or even Jerry himself.

Thanks for your cooperation!

The Guidelines/Rules:
Quote:
1. Please note that illegal music file sharing is not allowed on this thread, or anywhere on Fan Forum.

2. Keep all requests Veronica Mars related. (Example VM related request: "I'm requesting <Insert the Name of the Song and Artist here>" featured in <Insert the Name of the episode that featured that song here here>").

3. The main purpose of this thread is for music discussion and discovery. When recommending, please try to post a link to the artists' myspace and website.

4. Have fun! There's no limit to the greatness of music.

I said to him, "You seem like you didn't miss a beat."
He looked at me and said, "I've missed so many beats, I've made a rhythm."

Last edited by *Lizzie*; 11-01-2007 at 07:45 PM
Miya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Gold Rush too! And Feel so Free by Ivy. That song is so relaxing. Of course, who could forget the theme song. That is by far my favourite song ever! Really, it is. I listen to it almost everyday and The Dandy Warhols just rock! My parents (let's just put it this way, they're not young) love it as well. My dad actually started dancing as I was playing it. Embarrassing, yes but cool none the less!

ETA - I totally forgot about Momentary Thing by Something Happens. How could I? It's the kiss song! Every time I hear it, I get the biggest smile on my face. The kiss replays itself in my head. Plus, it's a really good song to boot.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Total Fan

I don't remember that song... maybe I'll download it.

The Dandy Warhols are awesome. We Used to Be Friends is such a good song. That's funny that your dad started dancing to it.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Total Fan

The answer's on the Pilot thread.

I love the fact they played Wannabe by the Spice Girls. Hee. Veronica and Lilly are making them cool again, just like Veronica mad wearing pink cool again.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurdelune
My dad actually started dancing as I was playing it. Embarrassing, yes but cool none the less!

Haha that's funny! I love We Used to be Friends too. The Dandy Warhols totally rock.

Hmm, will start downloading VM songs. Uh, there isn't a soundtrack available is there?
YelenLovesLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelenLovesLogan
Hmm, will start downloading VM songs. Uh, there isn't a soundtrack available is there?
Not an actual one, but when I was downloading a couple songs from Limewire, the title of an album one of the songs was on was Veronica Mars LoVe Songs!!!!, or something like that. I was thinking that it must be from someone around here.
jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Ohh music thread, nice. I lurve the music on the show. I recently started DLing some songs, so far I have 16 songs. I know it's going to turn into an obsession. LOL. I'm really liking Crimson and Clover by Tommy James & The Shondells, Have a Nice Day by Stereophonics and Famous Lover by The Fire Marshals of Bethlehem. If anyone wants, I'll be glad to share. I want to get That's Amore by Dean Martin. Heh, I keep thinking of Aaron beating the crap out of that Dylan guy. LOL. I agree with everyone else about the theme song, it rocks!
kalipinay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I *love* VM music, I have pretty much all the songs from the show. It took me a while to get them LOL ... my favourite is probably Taxi Doll - Waiting .. but I love the theme song too
marshmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Waiting is also one of my favourites as well! There are just so many good songs on this show to choose from! Another good one is What are you afraid of by West Indian Girl.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Total Fan

I like "Waiting" as well. And Pete Yorn's "Just Another." Love it.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

hi!

does anybody have the song here it comes by longwave, from the episode "Credit Where Credit's Due"?, is just that i love that song and i can't find it

|Dominique|

domita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Addicted Fan

'Veronica Mars' has introduced me to quite a few musical artists that I really like now. I loved Waiting and Give You More when they were played on the show. I enjoyed them so much that I bought the album. I also really like Kissinger. I've gotten a lot of their songs ever since I heard Gold Rush. Another group that I love is Under the Influence of Giants. The song played of theirs was Hi Lo from the episode 'Credit Where Credit is Due' when Veronica discovers she has a flat tire. I thought that song sounded really great the moment I heard it and looked it up. I love Rob's taste in music.
j-pop G&Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

domita_, I have the song.. I've just uploaded it on YSI
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...F25NIQLKRLMRWT
marshmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Every song on this show seems like it was made specifically for the scene at hand. Even the instrumentals or 'background noise' seem meticulously chosen and I always find myself saying, "That music sets the perfect tone for this scene..." I love all the songs already mentioned plus Lilly Dreams On in the finale, which again, the perfect sound and lyrics for that moment.

villette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everybody! Does anybody happen to know the song that is played in the CBS Veronica Mars commercials?