Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Didn't RT say in a interview that he didn't want Logan and Veronica to become Ken and Barbie? I hope he understands that you can keep the drama for a couple without breaking them again. There's a median between "Ken and Barbie" and another breakup. I agree another breakup would be tedious. I became tired of them breaking up in season 1 and they were only dating a few episodes. I want to see growth in their relationship with marriage and kids too. It would bring new conflict if written right.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

I agree that you can have a solid couple and still create drama. They still have passion. They're still going to fight. Veronica is still veronica and Logan is still Logan. He worries about her and she loves her independence, they have plenty to argue about to create drama. One of my favourite episodes was when Logan did the social experiment with the guards and the inmates. They both had separate storylines but they shared a scene and it was so nice because they knew what eachother was up to already. It just made the viewers know they're communicating beyond what we see. I loved that episode it showed us that they can be together and it doesn't change what the show is about, just layers the elements nicely. There's no reason breaking them up is the only way to create drama and then bring them together for the passion.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

These two could never be Barbie and Ken. But having them be on/off doesn't work either. I think if you calculate how long they have actually been in a relationship where both are present, it's barely a year. If well written and given the thought and care. Their growth as a couple could be just as interesting as wanting to keep people on their toes. You reach a point where all the will they/won't they turns people off and they walk away.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Very true. I think RT just has to create a plan for them and follow it. So far he's had emails and skype dates, they're going to have a reunion in the next book I would imagine. I'd like to see him get involved in her cases a little bit. Love for him and Dick to have their own storyline together, see Logan's Navy life, have Logan and Keith start some kind of friendship. Logan and Hunter would be a cool storyline if Hunter starts coming around more or even if Veronica watches him sometimes but needs to leave him with Logan while she's works. I loved the episode with Logan and Heather, he's such a good caregiver lol, he was so handsoff but he was so good with her. She was eleven though and Hunter is like 6 still but he's a boy so that could be interesting. Maybe he'll take him surfing?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

who logan and veronica?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
HAHA!!! Vegastone you said you said in the movie Logan was "self centered" and I was racking my brain trying to think about when in the movie he could be called selfish! But i see thats now what you meant!!
I also agree that Logan was prob a little surprised she was with Piz after that car drive...
sorry !! I meant grounded and mature.

I agree that Logan was more happy than Veronica those 9 years. It certainly seemed that way. He put his life together. He's more calm, he doesn't seem angry anymore. On the other hand, you have Veronica with a 'so not her' lifestyle. Kind of dull you could say.

Quote:
If Hunter is all they get, Logan and veronica i mean, in terms of a family, then that sucks because I want LOGAN to have his own kids/kid, not just veronica's mothers baby. Like genetically his own. I personally see it as a family, logan and V and Hunter and a child to get to know and love and then they can have kids when they are older...a practice child!
I also want them to have kids together. It would suck if they don't have kids or get married.

Icon by:Hilery00
vecastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ya logan and veronica remind me of marcus d. Falco and his wife, a senator's daughter named Helena (they lvie in Ancient Rome) they are both very snappy and he is a detective and she is rich, was at one time a client of his.

Talking about Noir, although there are elements of noir in this show I dont think it is ENTIRELY noir, its like nouveau noir. But, Cherrios is right, they never COULD be barbie and ken. But what I think RT meant was that them being a happy together couple cannot be taken for granted as an absolute, that they will continue to struggle to be happy and work through issues. Though I hope this instead of breaking up, this can mean that they have issues, but they can be resolved.

....when RT mentioned the ken and barbie thing he mentioned another breakup but how it would only happen on screen not off (in a book somewhere) but I hope he has since then discovered that many fans feel as we do; that we want to see them working as a couple. They work so well as a team. and they should by now be able to make it together otherwise I am annoyed and fed up. I was so happy to get a movie to get it resolved!

on a lighter note, this story can only continue if Logan is still in it, it cant sell as well if Logan is gone, people love the romance and you have to make it fresh, NEW STORYLINES make it fresh! not the same ones over and over again!!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING ROB??!!

p.s. have you all voted today??!! teen choice?

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 07-03-2014 at 03:34 PM
AmidalaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still have to see the movie.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

The breaking up and getting back together has been done. I want to see them work on things as a couple. I am perfectly fine with them having issues. They are two very messed up people who have been to hell and back repeatedly. I love the fact that they have flaws as people and as a couple. No glossed over, unrealistic, boring couple here. I see enough of that on tv and movies. I don't want any Mary Sues thank you.

But it's total BS that they think it's a good idea that to make it epic or noir that they need to be on/off. What's truly amazing is them working together as a pair. Trusting each other and bringing out the best in each other. I want them to fight, I want them to disagree, I want them to be human.

For example, he gets hurt while flying a plane during a demonstration or while on his deployment. He's fine, but it's a close call. She freaks out and starts going all overprotective when he's home healing. And he reminds her that he went through this with her and this is the life he choose. There is always going to be some risk involved. I want to see them do normal stupid couple fights too like fighting about one of them putting the ice tray back empty. I want to see the small, medium, and big fights that come with any relationship.

But I want to see the good stuff too. Like Logan notices that Veronica's laundry is full, so he does her laundry because she don't have time to do it. Or he's had a long day at work, so she picks up his favor take out and they watch his favorite movie. One of them gets sick, so they get hot chicken soup and fruit and take care of the other. They split the chores, housework, and errands. They respect that some times they need to go out and be with their friends. Or make the effort to have decent relationships with the important people in their lives.

I love Logan and Veronica, but RT has this bad habit of not showing a lot of their relationship. I mean the stuff that he does show is great, the banter, the tension, the way they are each other's person. But so much is left out, the communication, them working on the stuff that bring them down.

I have said this, but the emails and skype are great for LoVe. But we didn't actually get to see any of that. But no more having things happen off screen, show us. How them communicate about what their lives over the nine years were, what their lives are like now, what they want from the future. For example, they could have shown him describing a day in the life of the Navy, the normal stuff that happens to keep her from worrying. Her telling him the story of how collected all her stuff from New York. How she ate at her favorite New York pizza place one last time with some of her New York friends. I so badly wanted to see. Flush the story out.

I want so badly to see Veronica meeting him when he gets off that boat. Where she wears a jeans and a t-shirt with a leather jacket on. As she says in the book, "Logan fell in love with her in striped shirts and jeans, why break from a winning formula," or something like that. Have her dress for him, but she kinda doesn't fit with the families and other partners. But he loves what she's wearing because it's her and he loves her. Have them sorta walk/run to each other and all that time apart she just jumps into his arms and they have one of their 'stop the world' kind of kisses. Where people in the crowd wolf whistle and Veronica slides from his arms all embarrassed. His Navy buddies call out to him and are introduce to the famous Veronica who they joking say, "they were sure she was a figment of Logan's imagination." And that "Veronica is way out of Logan's league." And they make plans to get together later to talk and get to know each other better. And Veronica and Logan talk about how they missed each other, but banter more about how Veronica and Dick came up with an agreement. That Veronica gets custody of Logan the first 48 hours without interruptions and she's booked them into the closest hotel. And they talk about how they don't plan to leave the room. I so want to see this all so badly. Instead of Logan already home, no I didn't get to see what happen while he was away. You will not rob me of their reunion, that's just wrong.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

what did I miss?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
The breaking up and getting back together has been done. I want to see them work on things as a couple. I am perfectly fine with them having issues. They are two very messed up people who have been to hell and back repeatedly. I love the fact that they have flaws as people and as a couple. No glossed over, unrealistic, boring couple here. I see enough of that on tv and movies. I don't want any Mary Sues thank you.

But it's total BS that they think it's a good idea that to make it epic or noir that they need to be on/off. What's truly amazing is them working together as a pair. Trusting each other and bringing out the best in each other. I want them to fight, I want them to disagree, I want them to be human.

For example, he gets hurt while flying a plane during a demonstration or while on his deployment. He's fine, but it's a close call. She freaks out and starts going all overprotective when he's home healing. And he reminds her that he went through this with her and this is the life he choose. There is always going to be some risk involved. I want to see them do normal stupid couple fights too like fighting about one of them putting the ice tray back empty. I want to see the small, medium, and big fights that come with any relationship.

But I want to see the good stuff too. Like Logan notices that Veronica's laundry is full, so he does her laundry because she don't have time to do it. Or he's had a long day at work, so she picks up his favor take out and they watch his favorite movie. One of them gets sick, so they get hot chicken soup and fruit and take care of the other. They split the chores, housework, and errands. They respect that some times they need to go out and be with their friends. Or make the effort to have decent relationships with the important people in their lives.

I love Logan and Veronica, but RT has this bad habit of not showing a lot of their relationship. I mean the stuff that he does show is great, the banter, the tension, the way they are each other's person. But so much is left out, the communication, them working on the stuff that bring them down.

I have said this, but the emails and skype are great for LoVe. But we didn't actually get to see any of that. But no more having things happen off screen, show us. How them communicate about what their lives over the nine years were, what their lives are like now, what they want from the future. For example, they could have shown him describing a day in the life of the Navy, the normal stuff that happens to keep her from worrying. Her telling him the story of how collected all her stuff from New York. How she ate at her favorite New York pizza place one last time with some of her New York friends. I so badly wanted to see. Flush the story out.

I want so badly to see Veronica meeting him when he gets off that boat. Where she wears a jeans and a t-shirt with a leather jacket on. As she says in the book, "Logan fell in love with her in striped shirts and jeans, why break from a winning formula," or something like that. Have her dress for him, but she kinda doesn't fit with the families and other partners. But he loves what she's wearing because it's her and he loves her. Have them sorta walk/run to each other and all that time apart she just jumps into his arms and they have one of their 'stop the world' kind of kisses. Where people in the crowd wolf whistle and Veronica slides from his arms all embarrassed. His Navy buddies call out to him and are introduce to the famous Veronica who they joking say, "they were sure she was a figment of Logan's imagination." And that "Veronica is way out of Logan's league." And they make plans to get together later to talk and get to know each other better. And Veronica and Logan talk about how they missed each other, but banter more about how Veronica and Dick came up with an agreement. That Veronica gets custody of Logan the first 48 hours without interruptions and she's booked them into the closest hotel. And they talk about how they don't plan to leave the room. I so want to see this all so badly. Instead of Logan already home, no I didn't get to see what happen while he was away. You will not rob me of their reunion, that's just wrong.
You should write this as a fanfic if it's not in the book.

I know there can't be everything in a 300 page or so book, but I'd take a little bit of that.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I can see Cheerios that you have think this through very thoroughly

Or you have read to many fanfics, because I've read similar parts in fanfic stories all over the place. We all want to see/read that. I also want to see them struggling about small stuff, taking care of each other when one of them is sick, Veronica worried about Logan's safety and he telling her.. 'seeeee that's how I felt when you're working and put your life in danger'

No more break ups, there's no need for that. They have grown and we fans have grown too. I hope RT listen to us. We are driven by different things in a story.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
I can see Cheerios that you have think this through very thoroughly

Or you have read to many fanfics, because I've read similar parts in fanfic stories all over the place. We all want to see/read that. I also want to see them struggling about small stuff, taking care of each other when one of them is sick, Veronica worried about Logan's safety and he telling her.. 'seeeee that's how I felt when you're working and put your life in danger'

No more break ups, there's no need for that. They have grown and we fans have grown too. I hope RT listen to us. We are driven by different things in a story.
Yeah I'm one of those people who obsesses about things and looks at them from all different angles to see the full picture.

I agree no more break ups, they have grown up and so have we. They can still have drama, angst, and be epic without a break up.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I can't get tired of seeing him in this pic

And about these two sentences:

"You know what? It’s a one-time deal. A farewell tour, if you will. Then again — have you ever heard the one about the junkie who was satisfied with just one more taste of the good stuff..?
Neither have I…”
Veronica Mars (2014)

http://lovers-reunited.tumblr.com/image/90751131929

[…] what was there to say that would come close to what she felt? The moments they’d spent together before he’d shipped out on his latest naval tour had been the most peaceful she could remember. - The Thousand Dollar Tan Line

Old 07-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Oh my, Logan can lean against a car like nobody.
Reply   Post New Thread