Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Well if he can't wear it anymore, why not have her take it to wear.

It's funny how the two other important men in Veronica's life aren't the biggest fans of Logan. Even though I think they both know that it will always be Logan in her heart. And the angry boy has grown up into a mature young man. I think Veronica and Logan after the nine years apart and all the separate growing up realize that this time things will have to be different. So I can see them really making an effort this time to make it work right.

Though it's not fair for Keith to still be anti-Logan. Afterall Logan has done the honorable thing of joining the Navy to defend the country during war. And saved Keith's life in that car accident. I think there is a point where Kieth has to understand that Veronica is a grown woman now and not a little girl anymore. She can make her own choices and live her own life.
they may have been trying to influence her decision. But now she has made her decision, (and she is a very headstrong girl-she know what she wants!) they have no choice but to accept. and they will. Keith I think will accept quicker than wallace simply because he is her father and may want to make the best out of what he may see as a bad situation. I mean, its not ideal for a father to have a daughters who's husband/lover is risking his skin in a war zone. He could be scared for her.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

May be it was this fanfic

Life Goes On - igrockspock - Veronica Mars (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

I haven't checked the shirt, I'll take a look at those scenes again. Not like I wasn't going to anyways JIJI !!!

Icon by:Hilery00
Old 03-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

I admit I'm a bit surprised that Veronica didn't come back to Neptune as a Atticus Fitch kind of lawyer to help take down the corruption in the town. Though I guess she does love the PI business and the thrill of the case. And with Keith recovering from the accident, someone needs to keep Mars Investigations running.

I think Wallace will come around before Keith. It's in a father's nature not to like the men in his daughter's life. Plus I think since Keith knew that very angry young man and I think he's afraid that there more of Aaron in Logan than they would all like to admit. It's not just what Aaron did to Lilly I think that gets to Keith, it's what Aaron did to Logan and Lynn. Keith is a great man and a great father, who I don't think any man will be good enough for Veronica. Especially not the kind of guy who had Aaron as a model for how a man, husband, and father are suppose to behave. Aaron terrorized his family, he cheated on Lynn constantly and humiliated her with his behavior. He made Logan's life a living hell. And I think Keith biggest fear is that's what is waiting for Veronica if she enters a life with Logan. Even though we the audience and Veronica knows that Logan will never become his father.

I think Wallace will feel for Piz, but Veronica is his best friend forever. And I think deep down he knew it would always be Logan too. And I think once Logan gets back from his tour that Veronica, Logan, Wallace, and Mac will spend some more time together. Where Wallace and Mac can get reacquainted with the new Logan. And Wallace will just want Veronica to be happy and he knows for the most part that Logan does that.

I know it shouldn't, but I'm bothered by the reunion scene. When Logan brings Veronica home from the hospital. He puts her to bed still in clothes, only removing her boots. He secures the house, leaves her a note, and then walks to the door. Only for Veronica to come running out in a long blue t-shirt. Did she wake up, realize he was going to leave, change her clothes super fast and then run after him? Or did she wake up and change her clothes to something more comfortable, only then realizing Logan was still in the house and went to him?
Old 03-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I admit I'm a bit surprised that Veronica didn't come back to Neptune as a Atticus Fitch kind of lawyer to help take down the corruption in the town. Though I guess she does love the PI business and the thrill of the case. And with Keith recovering from the accident, someone needs to keep Mars Investigations running.

I think Wallace will come around before Keith. It's in a father's nature not to like the men in his daughter's life. Plus I think since Keith knew that very angry young man and I think he's afraid that there more of Aaron in Logan than they would all like to admit. It's not just what Aaron did to Lilly I think that gets to Keith, it's what Aaron did to Logan and Lynn. Keith is a great man and a great father, who I don't think any man will be good enough for Veronica. Especially not the kind of guy who had Aaron as a model for how a man, husband, and father are suppose to behave. Aaron terrorized his family, he cheated on Lynn constantly and humiliated her with his behavior. He made Logan's life a living hell. And I think Keith biggest fear is that's what is waiting for Veronica if she enters a life with Logan. Even though we the audience and Veronica knows that Logan will never become his father.

I think Wallace will feel for Piz, but Veronica is his best friend forever. And I think deep down he knew it would always be Logan too. And I think once Logan gets back from his tour that Veronica, Logan, Wallace, and Mac will spend some more time together. Where Wallace and Mac can get reacquainted with the new Logan. And Wallace will just want Veronica to be happy and he knows for the most part that Logan does that.

I know it shouldn't, but I'm bothered by the reunion scene. When Logan brings Veronica home from the hospital. He puts her to bed still in clothes, only removing her boots. He secures the house, leaves her a note, and then walks to the door. Only for Veronica to come running out in a long blue t-shirt. Did she wake up, realize he was going to leave, change her clothes super fast and then run after him? Or did she wake up and change her clothes to something more comfortable, only then realizing Logan was still in the house and went to him?
I think she woke up, thought he WASNT there, got changed (while he was probably rifling around for a pen or something), heard him leaving, then came out to him.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
I think she woke up, thought he WASNT there, got changed (while he was probably rifling around for a pen or something), heard him leaving, then came out to him.
I go with this theory. She woke up and changed herself to go to bed. She even washed her face. Or seemed like she had done something to her face. Like everybody else when you are about to go to bed. You wash your teeth and all that.

Then she realized he was still in the house and went to look for him.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Though what I really liked is the next day. She didn't pretend it didn't happen or shy away from it. She accepted it, enjoyed it, and moved forward with it, completely owning it. And they worked together as a team to bring the baddies in, instead of her running off on her own.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Though what I really liked is the next day. She didn't pretend it didn't happen or shy away from it. She accepted it, enjoyed it, and moved forward with it, completely owning it. And they worked together as a team to bring the baddies in, instead of her running off on her own.

yep. "partners in crime" or whatever Veronica said about Luke and Gia...

I wonder, in the movie, did Rob make Logan "nicer" because he felt it was necessary for Logan and Veronica to work out? im not sure that WAS entirely necessary though...but it is Rob's character I guess....
Im talking about his personality, not his job. His job is out of left field, but if you think about it, it adds SO MUCH new territory to the story outside of just Neptune and crime but into new possibilities.

Also, Logan could have also been sad, his girlfriend died, and a lot of how he has changed is natural to all people, most people grow up and calm down and get a little more "boring" in order to fit into our roles in society. This reason is why I dont look at the change in Logan and think its "unrealistic". It just shows he is strong and not weak (as to turn into something worse).

I wish John Enbom had helped write; he always writes the best episodes with the best Logan snark....

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-23-2014 at 04:23 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

It good he didn't go down further into a spiral and really got his life together.

icon: one thousand ways
Old 03-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I noticed this too and I loved it. It was completely normal for both of them. Wish we had seen it a little bit more of them together like that. It's like someone mentioned in another thread we always had the chance to see the 'after sex' or just a glimpse of that. I would not want a nc-17 scene but at least a little bit more time on screen of them kissing.

We never got to see their first time, do you know when that happened?

Old 03-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

I think Logan had reached a point in his life where he was tired of being the poor little rich boy with a death wish. He wanted to do something with his life other than just drink, party, and surf. The Navy gave him structure and direction which he needed. He would always be by the water, which he loves. He found something he's good at and that he has a passion for. He's serving his country and helping people. He changed for himself, not because of a girl or because of his family or because someone was forcing him. He changed because he wanted to and I think it's been great for him.

I wonder what his nickname is, I was checking out Top Gun the other day on wiki because of Logan. And I remember they all had nicknames in that movie that they go by. And I wonder which one is his, hopefully they will say in the books.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I noticed this too and I loved it. It was completely normal for both of them. Wish we had seen it a little bit more of them together like that. It's like someone mentioned in another thread we always had the chance to see the 'after sex' or just a glimpse of that. I would not want a nc-17 scene but at least a little bit more time on screen of them kissing.
I wanted to see at least a morning after kiss, that would've been nice.

I've watched the movie for the third times now and i love it even more, i noticed some little things i didn't notice the first time. That's so cool.

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 03-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasBangelBrylan (View Post)
I wanted to see at least a morning after kiss, that would've been nice.

I've watched the movie for the third times now and i love it even more, i noticed some little things i didn't notice the first time. That's so cool.
I can't stop watching it either !!!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

I preorder the book and now I'm impatiently waiting for it to arrive.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

found this (published March 23)

In other news, Veronica Mars: The Movie didn't prove to have much of a shelf life, dropping 75% in its second weekend to $490,000. While this doesn't take into account digital sales or upcoming DVD and Blu-ray sales (it hits store on May 6), this still means it's likely to fall more than $2 million short of the $5.7 million it raised on Kickstarter. But hey, fans got their movie.

source: Weekend Box Office: Breaking Down 'Divergent' at #1, 'Muppets 2' is Weak & 'God's Not Dead' Surprises | Rope of Silicon

seems this means a sequel is unlikely....

also this:
http://tvline.com/2014/03/16/veronic...uel-chinatown/

and this:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...opies-20140317

(keep in mind the dates they were written, because some of them were more optimistic when written last week)

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-24-2014 at 12:19 AM
Old 03-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

^ Thanks for bringing that over. Hmm, I think Rob's messages on the possibilities of a sequel sounds quite positive so far actually...

I don't think the idea that the profits should equal the Kickstarter amount are 100% correct though. That doesn't take into account future/digital sales and doesn't account for the media attention (and thus extra DVD sales of previous seasons) either.

I'm staying positive.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread