Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2014, 02:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Veronica Mars Books - Spoilers & Speculations

spoiler:

apparently Logan is absent for the book...which sucks, but I hope they at least have some skype conversations!!! I NEED SOMETHING!!! lol
Hopefully he will return in the second book!!!! C'mon Rob! he is my favorite character!!!

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-23-2014 at 04:41 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Veronica Mars Books - Spoilers & Speculations

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Veronica Mars books. Spoilers and Speculations are allowed in this thread.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

looking forward to getting mine
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 03-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

how is everyone liking the book so far?
I'm actually not liking it much. it is so dark and not very funny. It is too dark and Veronica's "fatal flaw" seems a little too fatal...what I liked about the series alot of the time was the lighter side of it, this boook is so angsty I cant imagine anything not just getting worse for Veronica.

It is actually kind of depressingly dark...and the Logan/Veronica story is sad It makes me think they WiLL break up, what with Veronica thinking in that scene with the missing girls ex BF about how her and Logan never work, and about how sad she is he is away and how he always freaks out when she is hurt (this was the problem in season 3, he wanted her to be more careful)

I wonder, will Veronica ever calm down a LITTLE and get over this compulsion of hers, it seems her main mission right now should be a little more moderation in order to keep herself and her relationships safe...is that the story arc that Thomas wanted to explore?

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-26-2014 at 09:53 AM
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

My book came in the mail, but with work I haven't had a chance to read it much yet. Has anyone gotten the version with Kristen reading the book? I'm curious if she does different voices for the other characters or if she just reads in her voice?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

rob says she does different voices
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Haha Kristen doing Keith, Wallace, and Logan's voices. Oh I wish I could hear that.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

read it Cherrios!!! then come on here and chat about it with me!!! lol

MY REVIEW:
CAUTION!!!

I finished it today, as i read further it got better. But I would have liked a little more humor/a little less tragic?
However, I hope they write more books after the 2nd, if they cant do another movie ( UNLESS it means breaking up LoVe for good of course!!...I was a little concerned with Norris making those appearances...possible Love triangle in the future? I hope NOT but his appearance made me wonder..why is he there?! ANY ONE could have been in that place, in that character. And I always thought Norris mirrored Logan in a way, as he protected her from the bullies in the episode where Logan and Veronica first kiss-his liking Veronica and protecting her mirrored logan's liking Veronica and protecting her...) Any triangle in this regard I think would be half hearted and useless at this point....but with Logan away, would Veronica stray? would he thoughts lead her into some internal drama that not necessarily would be expressed physically (ie she THINKS about it but inthe end doesnt "go there")?

the sad parts of the book for me were centered around Logan and Veronica's constant inability to talk on skype...and I was just having trouble on skype yesterday with my friends, so I totally get it!! Made me wonder how that can work out, plus how it can work out for them with Veronica constantly putting herself in danger. I feel they as a couple have a lot to face ahead of them. Starting with long distance and then Veronica's problems with being unsafe and scaring the crap out of Logan (Im sure he will be crazy protective of her plus will their season 3 issues come back, like the ones Logan broke up with her for?). There was that mention when she was with Haley's ex BF when he mentioned how her friends all told her to stay away, and veronica thinks about how her relationship with Logan damaged so many things in her life...is this foreboding to anyone of future disaster?

Anyways, Good to see that Keith and Veronica have decided to be partners officially so they can protect each other!! She damn well needs that!!! This looks good because one of the things I was concerned about throughout the movie and book was how dangerous things were and how she still couldnt resist doing it, she is putting herself in danger all the time and I would like to see her be more careful...its bad for her life and relationships to disregard her own safety in such ways. This is where Rob T drew a comparison between her mothers alcoholism and Veronica's addiction to danger. and although I love her bad ass-ness, I also want to see her be more adult, less like her teenage self and more cautious. Herein lies her flaw..is this something that can at least be halfway resolved in any future story told? I think i would like to see that.

Tidbits:
as sad as the Lianne/Veronica story started out I thought it ended nicely, with forgiveness possibly not far off? I thought Veronica telling Hunter he could live with her was unbearably sweet!!! I could just imagine, Hunter living with Veronica (if it came to that) her and Logan taking him to the movies, getting him batman toys....hehe
But what was the mention of Hunter's "relapse", or was it Tanner?

It was nice to be inside Veronica's head more, esp to see exactly what she is feeling especially regarding her mother and Logan. The scenes where she mentions her feelings for Logan were OF COURSE my favorites in the book

I was really surprised in the ending and i totally didnt guess the mystery, i was constantly surprised.

Finally: I ReALLY hope Logan is in the next book way more than this one! preferably present in Neptune, 3 months (and maybe a bit more?) about have now passed, so I know there are 3 MORE to wait, but I really want him back!!!

I also hope that any continuation of this VM universe is not ALWAYS so angsty. Have you ever seen the tv show "fringe'? it was ALL angst! and RT used to write novels for X Files, and he loves Breaking bad, bth shows were a little to dark for my tastes; always ending so uncertain and twisted. Does anyone think he is bringing VM into a darker, more angsty area?! How do you feel about this?
i want some more lightness too, some light stuff to happen, SOME ThINGS to go well for Veronica. Cause as much as i love the pain and angst, I also need some things to go well in order to continue along my VM journey.... but ever since I read that quote in the script at the end of the movie where veronica mentions the "disaster ahead" Ive wondered if Rob Thomas didnt really want a happy ending at all.

question: how do I hide a spoiler? still cant figure it out!!

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 03-28-2014 at 09:09 AM
Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Well I don't know if this thread is ok with spoilers since it says spoilers in the title.

But if you want to spoiler tags this is what you do.

You put [sp] and you put another [sp] at the end of your spoiler. Don't forget to put a / before the second [sp] or it won't work. Hope that helps, if not let me know.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Well I don't know if this thread is ok with spoilers since it says spoilers in the title.

But if you want to spoiler tags this is what you do.

You put [sp] and you put another [sp] at the end of your spoiler. Don't forget to put a / before the second [sp] or it won't work. Hope that helps, if not let me know.
thanks!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

hoping to get my copy on Monday, but I'm still re-reading Order of the Phoenix atm anyway
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 03-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone know how soon they plan to get the second book out? I know they have been busy with everything else, but I'm almost done and I want more.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Does anyone know how soon they plan to get the second book out? I know they have been busy with everything else, but I'm almost done and I want more.
sadly it will be about till the end of 2014, i read Rob say, I forget where I read this though otherwise I would link it...I WANT MORE TOO!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

busy people
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread