Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Veronica mars books spoilers and speculation #2

continue from last thread..
Old 09-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

I think they brought Celeste back because it's a tie back to the show. And because in the show she was such a vile character and such a disliked character.

That way it isn't some random 09 woman that Weevil apparently held up with a gun. This is someone who has deep pockets and powerful allies who can go after him when she's the one to blame for the shooting.

Kinda like why they brought Piz back as well. A random person wouldn't work as well if it was someone we all knew well from the show/. I think it's also to show kinda what's going on with the Kane family since Lilly's murder started it all.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love piz.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think there's a way to use Celeste as that old lurking figure who didn't sit well with Veronica so that Veronica could have another adversary. Veronica lives on them. If this second book uses Celeste in that way, I have no problem; she's always been uneasy around Veronica.

I'm glad that Piz didn't make a huge appearance in the books because he was an outsider who doesn't fit that well in Neptune. He's too good for a town that has made everyone cynical.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
I think there's a way to use Celeste as that old lurking figure who didn't sit well with Veronica so that Veronica could have another adversary. Veronica lives on them. If this second book uses Celeste in that way, I have no problem; she's always been uneasy around Veronica.

I'm glad that Piz didn't make a huge appearance in the books because he was an outsider who doesn't fit that well in Neptune. He's too good for a town that has made everyone cynical.
celeste? yeah that would be interesting.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Piz wasn't my favorite in the show, though I liked him a lot more in the movie. But he just didn't fit into Neptune, he was too vanilla for the noir feel of the show. It really felt like the CW was whitewashing the edge out of the show and Piz was one of their changes.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Piz wasn't my favorite in the show, though I liked him a lot more in the movie. But he just didn't fit into Neptune, he was too vanilla for the noir feel of the show. It really felt like the CW was whitewashing the edge out of the show and Piz was one of their changes.
I liked him more in the movie too. he was ok on the show.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

So they changed the release date for the second book? Wasn't it originally set for October?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah did they change it?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
i think any extra character needed to bring something more to the mystery and be darker. Piz didnt he was JUST a Love interest (and a lame one in comparison to Logan) so he was therefore made to be a vanilla good boy foil to Logan's darker tendencies. He actually would have made a sexier love interest had he been darker (my mind would have resisited though cause Logan and Veronica are my OTP.

So for the next book.....can we discuss? Im hoping for a little more jokes..a little less of a bleak outlook..maybe Veronica will be happier now that Logan is back? Hopefully they will find a way to move forward with their relationship, behave like adults this time I wanna hear; what do you guys think will happen this book with LoVe not what you WANT but what do you THINK (keeping in mind the need for storytellers to create conflict)?
Im hoping Veronica can take some time out and just have a chapter or whatever and enjoy having him back, not always be on the go work work work.
AmidalaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

The main problem I had with Piz, is he took away from the other characters I wanted to see. And he was just a love interest, he wasn't even really friend with Veronica. He was just there to long for her and then have her suddenly turn around and like him. It was blah...

I wonder considering the matter of her next case. If they are going to have Veronica talk about what happen to her all those years ago? Will they talk about the Madison thing? Will Veronica tell Keith what happen all those years ago? Will this mean a mention of Duncan and what happen there?

With Logan being back does that mean we will see more of him as a character outside of being part of Logan and Veronica? Will there be Logan and Dick scenes by themselves? What will Veronica and Logan relationship be like as grownups? Will there be scenes with Logan, Dick, Veronica, Mac, and Wallace?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

interesting. I also would like to know if Duncan and lilly get a mention.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The main problem I had with Piz, is he took away from the other characters I wanted to see. And he was just a love interest, he wasn't even really friend with Veronica. He was just there to long for her and then have her suddenly turn around and like him. It was blah...

With Logan being back does that mean we will see more of him as a character outside of being part of Logan and Veronica? Will there be Logan and Dick scenes by themselves? What will Veronica and Logan relationship be like as grownups? Will there be scenes with Logan, Dick, Veronica, Mac, and Wallace?
firstly, i would love to see more scenes of Veronica's actual life, because the last book was void of them, it all focused on the mystery.With Logan back, they prob will focus on her relationship with him, and hopefully that will mean a spillover into her relationships in general with the others. I think the book has been written pretty fast, so Im guessing there is not a lot of down time in the novel, just cutting "straight to the chase" plot -wise. if there had been a lot of extra scenes in the book with just the gang hanging out, Im guessing the book would have taken longer to write...

And Piz? He was just super lame, when I read that RT made him thinking he was creating a guy every teenage/college girl would want? He clearly was wrong! Look at his main man Logan! now there's a man! Its funny I was watching the first episode with my friend (ya im making my new pal watch it, so SUE ME! lol) and she thought Logan was ugly! I was like WTF?! and then I kicked her out (nah Just joking)but I think Logan grew on us all anyways....actually, the first scene I ever saw was the kissing scene from 1x18 and i thought it was so hot that the thought that he was not "prefect" looking never came to me...

Quote:
I wonder considering the matter of her next case. If they are going to have Veronica talk about what happen to her all those years ago? Will they talk about the Madison thing? Will Veronica tell Keith what happen all those years ago? Will this mean a mention of Duncan and what happen there?
I wouldn't mind a little mention of the Madison thing, though I think we can safely say she has forgiven Logan, though she probably will always hate madison!
AmidalaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread