Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
I'm also getting the feeling that they won't last that long, but there's nothing wrong with hoping.

But it looks like Deputy Leo, Max Greenfield, has just signed on for a pilot next season so our hopes have been just dashed a bit ... read more at [Neptunesite
Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I just read about that. It looks like some of us were right and we really won't be seeing much more of Veronica/Leo. We're just going to have to say goodbye to Leo, that is unless his pilot falls through, but then that doesn't necessarily mean he'll come back to the show. Overall, it's likely Leo is no more.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

I like Leo. But, I doubt he'll last long. I wonder if he'll have a hidden agenda ... like Veronica's last boyfriend, Troy.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope not. Well, I'll miss him a lot. I thought he was great, and had wonderful chemistry with Veronica.

I swear all couples I ship die early deaths.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was sad about Troy also. But, in regards to Leo, however they end it I hope it isn't bad like with Troy. I don't see it going that way. Leo seems like a genuinely nice guy. Goodness, what am I saying... I thought Troy was a genuinely nice guy. The point is, I don't want Leo to turn out being a jerk.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Troy too. It wouldn't be very original if they had something similar happen to Leo. If they need to get rid of the character, couldn't he just be transferred out of Neptune or something?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just read an interview with Rob where he said he really liked Leo, and it made him sad that fans really dislike him.

Not all of us do!

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 03-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Depends on which fans. Most of the fans wanting the Cinderella fantasy, where Veronica is pretty enough and "good enough" to change some rich guy into Prince Charming won't be happy with Leo. He is who he is. I think like Wallace there are no layers, he is what you see onscreen.

Leo does hit the good spots: 1. Older but not too older, allowing Veronica more sophisticated moments than high school hijinks, and precluding an explicitly sexual relationship (turn-off, too "real"). 2. Respects Veronica for who she is, and is impressed with her right away. 3. Forgives her using him, and will help her even with some risk. 4. Is cool himself, saved her Dad's life and plays in a band. 5. Signifies Veronica's outsider status, she dates someone from outside the school. 6. Her Dad approves of him (why not he saved his life).

Logan or Duncan, either one makes Veronica once again past the gate into 09'er dom, Veronica just isn't that girl. She never will be. Again, Duncan spent a whole year ignoring her, and Logan mocking her, and Veronica doesn't forgive. The mocking/ignoring was all for stuff she had nothing to do with anyway, so she shouldn't and that was I think a deliberate writer's choice by Rob.

I'd be sorry to see Leo leave, he does fulfill the nice boyfriend bit and is sweet.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by public_eye
Depends on which fans. Most of the fans wanting the Cinderella fantasy, where Veronica is pretty enough and "good enough" to change some rich guy into Prince Charming won't be happy with Leo. He is who he is. I think like Wallace there are no layers, he is what you see onscreen.

Leo does hit the good spots: 1. Older but not too older, allowing Veronica more sophisticated moments than high school hijinks, and precluding an explicitly sexual relationship (turn-off, too "real"). 2. Respects Veronica for who she is, and is impressed with her right away. 3. Forgives her using him, and will help her even with some risk. 4. Is cool himself, saved her Dad's life and plays in a band. 5. Signifies Veronica's outsider status, she dates someone from outside the school. 6. Her Dad approves of him (why not he saved his life).

Logan or Duncan, either one makes Veronica once again past the gate into 09'er dom, Veronica just isn't that girl. She never will be. Again, Duncan spent a whole year ignoring her, and Logan mocking her, and Veronica doesn't forgive. The mocking/ignoring was all for stuff she had nothing to do with anyway, so she shouldn't and that was I think a deliberate writer's choice by Rob.

I'd be sorry to see Leo leave, he does fulfill the nice boyfriend bit and is sweet.
what you said ...

Leo is just a simple guy who likes Veronica for who she is. No baggage with Leo. And like Veronica said in this week's episode, she can't and doesn't forgive or forget what people did to her, so for her to date someone in the 09er circle or people from school, would be so unlike the Veronica of now. Leo is good for Veronica. She has so much going on already and the last thing she needs is a boyfriend who got issues. So I reallie hope that Rob can keep him on or at least don't kill him off ...
Old 03-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like she's just using him at this point. Although, I was shocked to see them on a date. I figured, she would get all the access she can from him.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She is using him to get informations but I guess she fell for him too he is a cute guy It probably won't last long but I really enjoy this couple. He likes her the way she is
Old 04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm hoping they keep Leo around. I have a bad feeling that he won't be her love interest for long. I have fallen for him.... wishing I could date someone as sweet as he seems to be. I hate to always wonder about his intentions....this show makes you doubt even the animals intentions.......... but I hope I can trust his characters feelings/actions.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Leo is really sweet. I think it is a real shame if he leaves which seems likely. Now, just because I like Veronica/Leo doesn't mean that I don't like Veronica paired with other people. I just think that right now Leo is the best person for her to be with. As everyone else says, he likes her the way she is.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo
I think Leo is really sweet. I think it is a real shame if he leaves which seems likely. Now, just because I like Veronica/Leo doesn't mean that I don't like Veronica paired with other people. I just think that right now Leo is the best person for her to be with. As everyone else says, he likes her the way she is.
That's exactly what I think But perhapse there's a miracle and Leo stays a while
Old 04-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really hoping he does too. He was in the first VM episode I saw and I just shipped him with Veronica immediately. I hope she grows to appreciate him for the great guy he is.