Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree but am thinking it's unlikely. he did leave town...
justamodernrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ashmore originally auditioned for the role of Duncan Kane, Veronica’s ex-boyfriend, on Rob Thomas’ teen-noir drama. That role eventually went to Teddy Dunn, but Ashmore was called back in season 1 to play Troy Vandegraff, who briefly dated Veronica before it was revealed that he was just using her to help him smuggle steroids into the country from Mexico.

The actor didn’t know about his character’s true intentions until the got the script for that episode, which he says helped his performance. “I think it’s interesting because then you’re not playing into anything or foreshadowing that he’s going to be a bad guy,” says Ashmore. “You actually think that he’s going to be this really cool guy and that he and Veronica are going to get along very well.”

“[Troy] was so nice to Veronica and she’d had such a crappy time of things that people were like, ‘This guy’s great.’ It lulled them into a false sense of security, so when he turned out to be a jerk, people were so angry at him,” says Ashmore, who enjoyed playing Troy’s sense of humor and wit. “He could have been such a nice guy and great for Veronica, but like most people, he turned out to be an ass.”

As for Troy’s later return, Ashmore thinks it allowed Veronica to be the bigger person as she worked to prove that Troy was indeed innocent: “It was interesting to have her stand up for somebody who’d totally screwed her over.”

Killjoys: Aaron Ashmore talks Smallville and more past roles
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I didn't know it.
tanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i didnt know he went for duncan too
Old 07-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
i didnt know he went for duncan too
I didn't know that either.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't know if I could've seen him as Duncan.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

dont think he could've been the duncan we saw on screen but it wouldve been interesting to see how different he wouldve made the character
Old 08-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course we can't see it now since we already know what we saw but we would've been alright with it IF it already happened.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i just meant aaron doesnt really give off the vibe that teddy does.. i think he does well with the swaggy confident type of thing we got with troy.. so i wonder if he played duncan if it would've been like that too (despite what we get on the page) but a little more toned down
Reply   Post New Thread