Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I know. I will always like duncan, I don't really care what anyone says anymore. We like who we like

what a cutie. :raise_eyebrow:

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 10-25-2014 at 03:32 PM
Old 10-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love those gifs! Some of the fun moments of Duncan Kane.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Duncan went through a lot as a character I think.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

his disguise/look in the first gif is
Old 10-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
his disguise/look in the first gif is
I know. I would like to show some duncan appreciation in here because I feel very strongly about how he was treated in the show, even teddy said it himself and I love him as a character.
https://baileydavidappelhans.wordpre...boy-mentality/

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 10-30-2014 at 04:10 PM
Old 11-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Teddy during that interview explained Duncan so perfectly and the way I always saw him.
I love those gifs!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still need to see him in jumper and I love how he talks about Duncan still. That's also the reason I love him.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the way he talks about Duncan as well, he understands his character more than a lot of people... I definitely feel the same about his character, as he does.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Extreme Fan

When I began watching VM in S2 I was very fond of Duncan and Veronica. So I wanted to see the beginning of their story and began to watch S1 at the same time.
At that point I completely understood that something had happened that had made Duncan split with Veronica. When all the doubt about Veronica's possible father was launched, I knew that something around that had to do with Duncan's actions.
Then of course we learnt that he was basically 'sedated' every day by his mother. Taking all those pills, instead of talking to him.
I agree with his interview, he was asked to play it that way. Is not his fault.

Either way, I ended up knowing the difference between a first love like Veronica and Duncan , and the love of Veronica's life which is Logan. I don't get why people have to despise one person in favor of another one. LIking Logan doesn't mean you have to hate Duncan. I personally don't.

Icon by:Hilery00
Old 11-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
When I began watching VM in S2 I was very fond of Duncan and Veronica. So I wanted to see the beginning of their story and began to watch S1 at the same time.
At that point I completely understood that something had happened that had made Duncan split with Veronica. When all the doubt about Veronica's possible father was launched, I knew that something around that had to do with Duncan's actions.
Then of course we learnt that he was basically 'sedated' every day by his mother. Taking all those pills, instead of talking to him.
I agree with his interview, he was asked to play it that way. Is not his fault.

Either way, I ended up knowing the difference between a first love like Veronica and Duncan , and the love of Veronica's life which is Logan. I don't get why people have to despise one person in favor of another one. LIking Logan doesn't mean you have to hate Duncan. I personally don't.

I love your post, sometimes people have to re-watch stuff to enjoy it better and I agree with you, I don't get hating one character to like the other.
Like during the beginning of Season 2 when Duncan wasn't on the same terms with Logan, it was because he found out that Logan's father killed his sister. I loved when they had a conversation where Duncan got to vent out his frustration and I loved the conversation ending with Logan saying "I hate him too, you know?"

With Duncan, he's a character who keeps everything in, and I guess that can be hard for some fans to relate to but as I stated many times before, if even 50% of the world went through what he went through, probably 5% would still be sane or just okay. He had a tough life and was forced to mature very early.

I was always confused by Duncan's parents, if they knew there was a possibility that Duncan and Veronica might be brother and sister, why did they allow that relationship to go on? With Duncan he did the right thing, and I'm sure it hurt him as much as it hurt her.

Then of course the pills, the pills that forced him to be in a depression state. His parents just assumed he killed Lilly and put him on pills instead of really talking to him.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Then of course the pills, the pills that forced him to be in a depression state. His parents just assumed he killed Lilly and put him on pills instead of really talking to him.
Ah the parenting wisdom of Jake and Celeste. Don't actually spend time with your children or care about them. Just throw money at the problem and cover it all up.

I'm surprised that Duncan and Lilly weren't more screwed up. Veronica had Keith, Logan kinda had Lynn and at least Aaron was gone a good deal of the time. But Duncan and Lilly really didn't have anyone.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Ah the parenting wisdom of Jake and Celeste. Don't actually spend time with your children or care about them. Just throw money at the problem and cover it all up.

I'm surprised that Duncan and Lilly weren't more screwed up. Veronica had Keith, Logan kinda had Lynn and at least Aaron was gone a good deal of the time. But Duncan and Lilly really didn't have anyone.
Agreed. Horrible parenting but I can say with Jake at least it felt like he really cared, he really wanted Duncan to move on and get into events and do something to be happy but as shown during episode 1x03, the pills really limited him to a lot of things.

Agreed.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Tia.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I agree Tia.
Of course. lol
Old 11-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Agreed. Horrible parenting but I can say with Jake at least it felt like he really cared, he really wanted Duncan to move on and get into events and do something to be happy but as shown during episode 1x03, the pills really limited him to a lot of things.

Agreed.
Jake's behaviour was kind of contradictory, on one side you medicate your son and believe he had comited murder, and on the other side he pushed him to be happy and do something with his life. My guess is that he had good intentions but didn't know how to deal with things.

Quote:
I was always confused by Duncan's parents, if they knew there was a possibility that Duncan and Veronica might be brother and sister, why did they allow that relationship to go on?
I believe that Jake Kane found out after they were together. The one who should have stopped that from the beginning was LIanne (Veronica's mother).

Quote:
I loved when they had a conversation where Duncan got to vent out his frustration and I loved the conversation ending with Logan saying "I hate him too, you know?"
LOL!! I happened to see a post this week about this episode. Logan is sitting on a bench and the school nurse is attending his injuries. Duncan and Logan had a major fight. It was all because Logan commented on D&V love life LOL LOL !! After they had slept together. It was a very good scene !!

Icon by:Hilery00
Closed Thread   Post New Thread