Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Sheriff Lamb/Michael Muhney#3:Because The Wizard Owns Us

Welcome to the Appreciation thread dedicated to Sheriff Lamb,played by the awesome Michael Muhney!

I know,tons of people must be thinking 'what the f....'?Well,yeah,wtf?!I LOVE the evilness and snarkiness of Lamb,especially around Veronica or Keith.

Plus,without Don Lamb,we'd have never heard one of the most famous lines of the show....Veronica Mars is smarter than me.

Lamb Lovin' List:

1. SpySyd
2. erinlyn98
3. *just_her*
4. LisaLeslie9
5. SydneySummers
6. Ania R.
7. beautifulgarbage
8. marshmello
9. MikaylaH80
10. Maxymama
11. fleurdelune
12. Alicia Jo
13. martasmagdalenas
14. Queen Cleo
15. Vera
16. Realfaith
17. CarolineOrphee
18. JulieB
19. rammar
20. sweetcynic
21. *Melissa
22. Sir Fireboard
23. laciet
24. MoonSwirl
25. Agent Laura
26. misst25
27. sammyitaly
28. HayleyJ

Wanna be on the list,let us know!

Michael Muhney's Website
(Don't hesitate to drop him a line,he DOES reply )
Go See The Wizard on LJ [fic recs...]

Screencaps

Previous Threads:

Sheriff Lamb/Michael Muhney#1:Because Everyone Needs To Go See The Wizard!
Sheriff Lamb/Michael Muhney#2: "Lamb, the other white meat"

Michael's first post at FF [5th one from the top]

Q&A with Michael Muhney [09/16/05]
Quote:
1) What made you decide to become an actor?Were you ever were afraid that you might have to change your plans?

I became an actor through an accident. A really bad accident. I snapped my right leg (my femur, the biggest bone in your body) in half playing American Football when I was 16 years old. The doctors had to put pins in my leg and my track, soccer, and football scholarships went down the drain before I even had a chance to enter into University. I had to take some other classes to fulfill the extracurricular activities credits that sports used to fulfill. I found that my goals to become a lawyer, ultimately, and my debate class skills and ease in front of groups of people, and finally the debate class' location directly next door to the drama room made for a serendipitous occassion. The drama teacher used to watch me debate from the back of the room. I never knew he was watching. He later told me that I would be a natural in Drama and he'd do all the paperwork to transfer me into his classes. He approached me one day when I was in trouble for speaking out (surprised?) in class so I was pitifully standing out in the hallway on crutches by myself. He told me he'd encourage my free spirit and gregarious ways in his class and he was not concerned about attitude because he knew I was an A-Honor student. Thus began my courtship with acting, I never looked back. I never gave myself a "fallback plan" because that would mean one day I might take it.

2) What's your favorite scene ever shot?

My favorite scene, all year, well, the scene in the finale with Logan, the interrogation room. I felt like I was on drugs during that scene. It was a high. While the crew was inbetween shots Jason and I kept improvising and staying in character, really being ruthless and sarcastic and cutting eachother down. It was loads of fun!
Uhhhh, I really loved arresting Veronica!! That was fun for reasons outside of the acting within the scene. I'm not sure why I liked it so much, but I did...

3) How do you feel about about your own place among the Veronica Mars
team?

Okay, lemme say this, I am old enough and seasoned enough in the television industry to know my place in this show. I really do realize I am the sixth, seventh, or eighth banana. I am fine with this and I am happy for the younger cast for getting a chance to shine and show off their talents. I have been around long enough to know we each have our day. But still, the first season only had me around 5 1/2 episodes and I knew I was a background character. I have to thank everyone, not just here, but everyone who writes in to michaelmuhney.com and who posts elsewhere, thank you, because you guys are a big part of why I am feeling even more a part of this show. I feel as though I belong and you all play a big part in that! Rob does too, of course, and with as much as he is writing for me this season, I really feel like one of the team!

4) How does your girlfriend handle your sudden "sex-symbol" status?

Okay, let's see, well, fortunately I have a girl in my life that is not bothered by anything that is said by fans about me. She enjoys seeing me happy with all of it. And after all, she knows one of my favorite quotes is: "I don't care what you write about me, just make sure you spell my name right." -- P.T. Barnum
Now that might not be his quote word for word, but it's damn close...

5) What's your worst scene?

Okay, my worst scene...I'd have to say it was in the pilot when Veronica comes in with her rape story. It hurt so bad to be that way and say those things, but, as an actor, I had to embrace it, I had to love it. Afterwards, though, I found it hard to really feel good about that scene. Rape is something all to familiar to me and some people in my life close to me.

6) As an actor,do you have a prep style or routine?

My preparation for my scenes can be very similar to Jason's, at times, but I am much more protective and quiet than most actors about my true rehearsal. I hide in dark corners on the set and try things, run lines, experiment. I also find that sometimes when I get lost in thought about a scene I might be shooting that day or a couple days away, I am walking around in public, talking to myself, saying lines, giving dirty looks, and people must think I'm just some crazy guy who wishes he was an actor!

7) How do you feel about the interaction between your character and Keith Mars?

I don't want to overlook my scenes with Keith! There has just been mention of "Silence of the Lamb" (which I think was the writer's funny way of telling me to not talk so much!!) and the Lamb/Keith or should I say Keith/Lamb scenes. I really truly believe the banter between Keith and Lamb is so much fun and there is so much discovery in it all. Enrico and I were just talking two days ago, while on the set, about how much fun it is to act together. There really is a lot there and I love the back and forth, back and forth. Enrico mentioned, with a big smile on his face, that in season 4 there should be an episode where Lamb and Keith get locked in a vault during the entire episode and we are forced to confront things and learn a lot about eachother...etc.

8) How do you feel about watching yourself on-screen?

About watching myself, hmmm, well, I am a rarified (putting it nicely) actor that can watch my performance very objectively. I feel that Mel Gibson and Clint Eastwood and others like them have to be that way while they direct AND act. I can watch my dailies, no problem. I am very objective and do enjoy things that I do well, and I critique the things I'd like to change the next time around. I know most people can't even stand to hear their own voice on a voicemail, but, it doesn't bother me, I've been doing it for a long-enough time now.

9) Usually,what's your attitude on the set?

Oh man, if you all could only watch me on set. I swear, I'm a clown, quoting Ron Burgundy lines, Napoleon Dynamite, wandering off, pranking people. If there was a chalkboard for adults equivalent to being in elementary school, my name would be on it with two checks next to it! But, I am an extremely hard-worker and I always come prepared and I try to encourage a spontaneous, live atmosphere so that there is energy and chemisty oozing out the television screen during any of my scenes.

10) We've heard that the cast and crew hang out together. Have you gotten in on this and if so, with whom and what did you do?

Yeah, I have hung out, personally, from time to time with a few of the actors. But, I don't want to mention names as I have grown very cautious of mentioning other actors (in personal scenarios) as I don't want to appear as though I'm name-dropping or speaking for someone else. If I were playing the title role of Veronica Mars I would have no problem dropping names of people in the show I hang out with, but as it stands, I am the lowly Lamb, and being that my picture, at least as of now (there's always room for change in the future) doesn't appear with the rest of the cast in the promos means that if I mention any of their names I am essentially trying to seem important by association.

11) Is it strange to see yourself in things like graphics/icons etc?

Regarding seeing myself all over the net, pictures, icons, etc. No, it really doesn't bother me, I guess I was raised with a good head on my shoulders so things like that usually don't affect me one way or the other.

12) Kristen seems to be the prankster on the set. Has she ever gotten you?

Hmmm, pranks, well, Kristen put saran wrap on the toilets of some of our trailers, but I didn't have to use my toilet so I was never SPLASHED!!!

13) Is there one thing that you really wish the writers would have Lamb do or say?

At the risk of sounding condesceding (those words are some of my favs from "Pretty Woman" when the old man who is selling his company to Richard Gere) I am proud of what they've accomplished, so far, with Lamb. I feel as though they've sharpened their instincts for Lamb and have further defined a voice for him. I literally have an incredibly time saying the lines they write for me, they write such inspirational things, and I, in turn, feel as though I need to step it up and be creative/visceral with my line delivery and portrayal of Lamb. Wow, they keep surprising me with little and big things!!

14) What do you think fans of Sheriff Lamb most want to see?

You know, I have been deluged with emails from fans wanting to see more Lamb/Logan scenes, more Veronica/Lamb scenes, and interestingly enough, Kendall/Lamb scenes. This cracks me up because I realize nobody has seen any season 2 episodes yet so what if they are right on, or way off!!! I had never, honestly, thought of Kendall/Lamb scenes, but I must agree, you could kill two birds with one stone:

1. They want to improve their draw and ratings for 30 somethings crowd.

(Well, here I am, waving, with a big smile on my face, and willing to take one for the team!!!)

2. A relationship (from one degree to another) could be brilliant between a "snarker" and a "bitch." it'd be fun to watch.Those 30 somethings crowds would gather 'round the television!!

15) So,uh,what about a shirtless sheriff?

There has been a lot of talk about me being shirtless or in a tank top. truthfully, all jokes aside, if it helps the ratings...why not? but I warn you, I have 4 nipples, a 3 inch outtie, and I have a tattoo on my back of George Washington in a thong. Do you still wanna see me shirtless??

16) How did you find us?

Found this site by myself, okay, to quote a song, "I get by with a little help from my friends, I get high with..." what? Anyway, if you write to me at my website and post a link of any kind, I'll click it and check out the latest fanfics, the latest Lamb-love, the latest Veronica mania. Anything you want me to see, just email me about it and I'll see it. About the other actors, I can't speak for them or their computer personalities. I can certainly mention to one or two of them to come visit the net...we'll see.

17) What's your craziest fan story?

Truly craziest fan story...a woman who wrote to CBS when I was starring in Turks. She kept writing to me and writing to me...asking me for money to buy a headstone for her (not dead yet, but dying mother) she threatened me that if I didn't send her $1000 I would be the reason for all the wrong in the world. I would be to blame for any pain anyone felt ever. Well guys, I have to tell you all I'm sorry for the pain in the world, it's my fault. I'll try better next time.

18) Do you have any funny anecdote to spill out?

Silly fan story...my girlfriend made two t-shirts recently. There is a screencap on the front of me behind the sheriff's desk. It reads, "I love Sheriff Lamb." On the back the t-shirt reads "Veronica Mars is...smarter than me." She sent one off to my mom, and she is wearing the other. I told her I wouldn't be caught dead standing next to her in public if she had the shirt on. She just laughed at me. *sidenote* look closely in the season finale scene between Lamb and Logan, her name is written in red marker on the white board. It was an accident, we were scribbling things earlier on the board and that wasn't erased! oops.
But, I did tell her (she is insanely, INSANELY shy in front of a camera) that that was her debut on national television. Well, at least her name was on national television...

19) Did you do any prep work for Lamb like gunhandling, lockpicking, interrogating, reading "How to be an Asshat for Dummies"?

Did I do any research to become a cop/sheriff? Yes, I did drive-alongs with real cops in Chicago for another t.v. show a while back, but for Sheriff Lamb, the only new trick I have picked up is the ART OF LOCKPICKING! I was given a very special gift by a very special group of people and I will keep the "Lamb-gift" close to me forever!

20) What are your hobbies when you aren’t working?

Hobbies? I love my cats, Sandals (all black with white-tipped "sandals" on her feet) and Mexi. Mexi was found on the streets of Mexico as a newborn. Sandals was found as a newborn in the wild up in the mountains when I was shooting the NCIS pilot. Other hobbies? Running out in the mountains/hills. Collecting old movies on DVD. I am a huge, HUGE, MASSIVE Hitchcock fan. I love reading, too.

21) Did Rob Thomas ever tell the cast who the killer was by episode 2?

I don't think so. But, if he did, he didn't tell me. You see, I'm a seventh banana!

22) How much input to get into your character’s development- his mannerism, his personal life, storyline stuff, script stuff?

About what I bring to the character...I take all the bad stuff of Michael Muhney, all the insecurities, the immoralities, the unethical tendencies, and I thrust it into Lamb when he needs it. Unfortunately, Lamb IS a part of me, whether I like it or not. Any performance I give is always a piece of me, somewhere deep down, or something brewing on the surface.

Note to Michael:you are our first banana!
Do NOT hesitate to show your love for Lamb/MM by emailing Rob Thomas,at his site ,about it.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yay

Mm, I just realized I'm not on the list... can you add me?

(Btw, little thingy for the title - should be 'owns'... want me to fix it?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Loyal Fan

the wizard,

We of the Lamb Lovin’ List appreciate that you are posting at Fan Forum. We love the sense of humor, respect for the fans, and the humility you have shown.

Please do not feel obligated to answer these. We understand that you have very little free time and don’t wish to impose on you. We would like you to continue to post and have fun at Fan Forum. If you only had five minutes to spend here, please just make regular posts and ignore these questions.

We tried to pick questions that aren't very personal so we wouldn't scare you away!

Mostly we want you to know how much we enjoy the character of Lamb and your portrayal of him. (And we are so hoping for some shirtless Lamb, some more snarky Lamb, and a little bit of lovin’ for him on the side.)

1) What made you decide to become an actor, knowing how unstable the business is and were you ever were afraid that you might have to change your plans? Even great actors need luck in the beginning.

2) Did you do any prep work for Lamb like gunhandling, lockpicking, interrogating, reading How to be an Asshat for Dummies? (And I am not knocking MM’s IQ, we all know he is in Mensa.)

3) How much input to get into your character’s development- his mannerism, his personal life, storyline stuff, script stuff?

4) What is your number one hobby when you aren’t working?

5) Kristin V from Eonline reported after the finale that Rob Thomas told the cast who the killer was during filming of episode 2 (CWCD). However, in your interview with Mars Investigations, you claimed that Kristen Bell and you figured out who the killer was during your weekly commute. So, first of all: liar, liar, pants on fire. Ok, so um, your pants are on fire. You need to take them off now. We’ll wait. Swoon. Ok, back to reality. Did you make up stories for the fans/media on the spot or did you have them planned out? Did the cast decide what to say as a group or individually? How can we now believe anything you say?

Please answer as you see fit. You can take your time and post the answers later. Thanks for your time! We love you, we love you, we love you. Can you take your shirt off now?

ETA- I posted this on the old thread too, hee, and will on the chat thread when time.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:20 PM
New Fan

Woot! You are using my question (number 2)!

Also, can you add me to your list?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSwirl
Mm, I just realized I'm not on the list... can you add me?

(Btw, little thingy for the title - should be 'owns'... want me to fix it?
Added you and fixed the title(which can still be changed....).
Old 09-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

MM used the word Lambchop once. I like it. So, now we just need to come up with a witty phrase. I use "MM" when I refer to Michael, and of course that reminds me of peanut M&Ms (um, yea, cuz he is a man) and makes us the peanut gallery. Makes me laugh. I'm easily amused.

For those whose questions didn't make it, I am sorry. And I promise I didn't pick five of my own questions.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Agent Laura-Added you.Welcome!

Quote:
MM used the word Lambchop once.
What exactly does 'lambchop' mean?(you guys have a way of making up words that I never get,lol).
Old 09-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

A lambchop is a cut of meat from a lamb, like a porkchop is a type of pork. Lambchop can be a cutsie pet name, like pumpkin or honeybun. Also it is the name of a tv puppet from a while ago. The puppet was a lamb.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Oh,ok.Thanks.I feel like a kid sometimes....LOL.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:41 PM
New Fan

Hi, can you add me to the list too? I do love me some Lamb.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I am always way impressed with the language abilities of those overseas from here when I come across them online. I would never know you and others weren't from here except you sometimes mention it. So, no worries.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

misst25-Welcome to the Lamb Lovin' thread

Quote:
I am always way impressed with the language abilities of those overseas from here when I come across them online. I would never know you and others weren't from here except you sometimes mention it. So, no worries.
It's not always easy,but I do my best.I've always loved this language,so I don't mind it at all...except when I have to ask to know what something means...I hate that,lol.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wo, I think I got here just in time
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd
misst25-Welcome to the Lamb Lovin' thread

It's not always easy,but I do my best.I've always loved this language,so I don't mind it at all...except when I have to ask to know what something means...I hate that,lol.
It happens to me too sometimes, so I know how you feel
Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Total Fan

Good to know, so I am going to whip out some American sayings just to confuse you guys.