Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Official Veronica Mars Kickstarter Backers #3: b/c We are still getting updates

Marshmallows, this is your captain speaking. Buckle up cause we’re gonna make it. We’re gonna shake it, and we’re gonna try not to break it.

Are you a Veronica Mars Kickstarter Backer? Then come on in and join us over here to celebrate and party. (<-- Imagine this is a sloth, not a bunny!). Please list your name and whatever else you'd like to share and I'll add you to the list.

Here are some questions that might be nice to answer to get to know each other and get this party started.

1) When/how did you find out about the Kickstarter campaign? (Let's face it, this was an epic moment in your life!)
2) How did you react? (Photos/animation allowed )
3) When/how soon did you decide to back?
4) Why did you decide to back?
5) How do you like being an official backer so far?

And perhaps some additional optional questions if you like answering them:

1) What rewards did you pledge for?
2) What t-shirt did you pick and why?
3) What was your favorite casting announcement/Kickstarter update so far?
4) Would you donate again?

List of Official Veronica Mars Kickstarter Backers
1. Devil's Cry
2. otherwise
3. afrocurl
4. Cristofle
5. mockingjay
6. Sabrina
7. Full Throttle
8. Lostcandy
9. Aurelia
10. AmidalaEmma
11. ElectricHearts
12. Willow Fabian
13. sparticus2990

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

posting this again for the new thread

Quote:
Well Gang,

I wasn’t kidding – another day, another update. Just a brief one this time, to let you know where you can find the full trailer for Play It Again, Dick. Our friends at EW.com have it embedded at:

'Veronica Mars' makes fun of 'The Newsroom' in 'Play It Again, Dick' trailer | Inside TV | EW.com

And you can look for the spot when it airs during The Vampire Diaries tonight, between 8:00 and 9:00pm (7:00-8:00 CST) on The CW!

Please feel free to spread the word, as only Marshmallows can. We’re very excited for the first episode to air on CW Seed on Tuesday, September 16…

Play It Again, Dick on CW Seed | Official Site of the Original Digital Comedy Series

…and I’m sure you’ll be hearing from me again before then.

Thanks again,

Rob
Old 09-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I like how that trailer was being meta for other television shows. I can't wait for Tuesday.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda want to know what's going on with the new duncan.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
I like how that trailer was being meta for other television shows. I can't wait for Tuesday.
me neither What about making a thread and everything?
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

We could, I suppose, but let's see how it goes on Tuesday and see. If we can incorporate it into another thread, that might be easier, especially if the episodes don't stay up forever.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatches of sunshine (View Post)
me neither What about making a thread and everything?
ok lets do it.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Project Update #101: "Play It Again, Dick" Launches!
Posted by Rob Thomas ♥ Like
Gang,
The Day of Dick has arrived! The first episode of Play It Again, Dick, is up and running on CW Seed:

Play It Again, Dick on CW Seed | Official Site of the Original Digital Comedy Series

AND… we’re very happy to announce that the show is also streaming in Canada on CTV Extend:

CTV - Watch TV Online | The Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist, CSI, Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Voice -

For the rest of our international backers - we are working very hard on options that will enable you to enjoy the series as well. We will update you on that front as soon as we can.

On another note, I wanted to share with you a great project involving one of our guest stars on Play It Again, Dick, Ryan Devlin. As some of you may remember, Ryan played Mercer in Season 3 of Veronica Mars; in Play It Again, Dick, he takes on a very different role… and I think I’ll leave it at that. Ryan has started a company – with Kristen Bell and some friends – called This Bar Saves Lives. You can find out all about them here:

thisbarsaveslives.com

The bars are all-natural and gluten-free, made from fair trade ingredients from all over America. And for every bar sold, a packet of life-saving food is given to a child in need around the world. We’re big fans of This Bar Saves Lives, Dick is a big fan of This Bar Saves Lives, and we’re ecstatic to share this wonderful cause with all of you. Ryan has been kind enough to offer 20% off orders at thisbarsaveslives.com for our Kickstarter backers - just enter the appropriately amusing promo code: DICK.

A big thanks to everyone involved in making Play It Again, Dick a reality, and a huge, eternal thanks to all of our backers for continuing to support all things Veronica Mars. It has been so much fun to be back in this world, and we would never have had the opportunity without you. Check back to CW Seed and CTV Extend each of the next seven weeks for a new episode of Play It Again, Dick!

Spondoolie,

Rob
Old 09-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks wendy.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Gang,
We are very pleased to announce that Play It Again, Dick is available for purchase on iTunes in the United States as of today! It will be ad-free, and will include about 10 extra minutes of bloopers and unused footage. The series will also be available on iTunes Canada on December 15. We’ll keep you up to date as the show becomes available on other platforms, and we still hope to have some good news for our international backers on that front before too long.
The feedback for the web series has been overwhelmingly positive, and we couldn’t be happier with how it’s been received. On behalf of Ryan and the entire cast & crew, thank you so much (again) for your continued support.
In related news, we’d like to share with you a very cool contest that’s being launched by our good friends at This Bar Saves Lives and CW Seed. Ryan Hansen and Ryan Devlin have shot two new hilarious introduction videos, which you can watch along with a few deleted scenes and outtakes, between Play It Again, Dick episodes at This Dick Saves Lives | CWSeed.com. Viewers can enter to win Dick-themed prizes, such as a Skype call with Ryan Hansen, autographed PIAD posters and scripts, Ryan as Dick recording your voicemail message, a 3-month supply of This Bar Saves Lives and other great This Bar swag. It's easy to enter, so start DICKing around here: This Dick Saves Lives Sweepstakes | CW Seed | Home of Original Digital Series.
That’s all for now – all the best to everyone for a wonderful, safe, and happy holiday season - and don't forget the second Veronica Mars novel Mr. Kiss and Tell comes out January 20, 2015!
Until next time,
Rob
Old 12-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

So glad that I can (and will) buy PiAD.