Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Logan/Veronica (LoVe) #127: It's That Time of Year Again...2007 LoVe Awards!

Welcome to the Logan/Veronica Appreciation Thread.

This is the thread dedicated to Tinkerbelle and the Lost Boy. We call ourselves LoVers because it's Logan and Veronica's names combined. Spread the LoVe people.

LoVe Scenes:

Art by Miss Muffet (Missy) and Whordy (Kirsty)

Perfect Moments:

For more perfect moments, click here!

Logan/Veronica Essay

Logan/Veronica Picspam
Season 1 | Season 2

Featured quote:

---

please PM Whordy or PhillyFan24 if you would like to be added to the shippers list.

Links:

Logan and Veronica Online - this is the place to go for clips and more
Undeniable Affection - Vids, pics...
Epic LoVe - fansite with clips, pics, wallpapers, etc.
Jason-dohring.com - THE JD website[tons of clips]
Kristen Bell Online
Just Maybe - Logan and Veronica fanlisting
Sugarpuss - Logan/Veronica shipper site
Veronica/Logan LJ community
Veronica Mars Fic LJ community - a great place to find L/V fics
Dream Team Avies - Lots of LV icons
Sucker Punch - GREAT Logan diary + episode recaps
Mars Investigations - All things VM
Veronica Mars Web - Transcripts & a few clips
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Fan

By: Whordy

Top 10 Scenes:

Their Songs:

Something Happens - Momentary Thing
The Perishers - Sway
Sia - Breathe Me (Four Tet Mix)
Mike Doughty - I Hear the Bells
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Nick Lachey - What's Left Of Me

Jason Dohring

On Logan & Veronica:

"It’s a funny relationship, because it’s not like a crush thing anymore, because they’ve been kind of through so much that it’s almost like best friends who are in love, which is really quite beautiful I think."

"The good scenes without the bad wouldn't be good. I like both, and I think we're on a pretty good path now. If that's how it ends up being written, I'll be thrilled, but on the other hand, I'm happy enough playing against her in the evil way -- it might even be more fun, because we're actually really liking each other underneath it all. The antagonistic scenes are great."

"Dude, the snarkiness doesn't work without the love underneath. It's always there, you know what I mean? It's always been there, because I think the bigger the love there is in the first place, the bigger the break-up is. So, it's always cool, even when we're playing those scenes where we're against each other, we're always - I'm in love with her."

"Any kind of compassion or love, Jesus, he's looking for something. And I think that Veronica holds the key to that. I think there's temporary relationships but I don't think anybody can quite understand him like she does. I think that's what it's all about is: getting into a real relationship with love."

"I think Veronica's the only one that can fill the hole in Logan's life."

"I was talking with Kristen about this yesterday, after you’ve been with somebody like Logan and Veronica have, shared so much experience together and really seen the soft side of it, there’s no way you can go back. You know there is that, but there’s also underneath ‘I totally understand you’ and you know she understands. It’s such a funny thing man, it’s like we had this kind of snarkyness but underneath it’s like you know I understand that you’re a nice person. It’s so funny, it’s a funny relationship."

"I think they can relate to each other and they understand each other, even if nothing’s said, just being in the vicinity of that person just kind of calms things down you know cause there’s some understanding there."

"Personally I feel that there will always be a special place for Veronica in Logan's shriveled little heart."

On Kristen:

"I love her in real life. I really do. And I love how we talk each other down in our scenes, with a huge smile on our faces. It's just so great. I love playing with her. I think that translated in season one, the chemistry, quote-unquote. I really respect this actress and I admire her tremendously."

"I'm in love with her. She's just such a cool person. She works so hard! I connect to her in a scene and whenever I give her something, she's right there. It makes for great magic."

“I’m in love with that girl. There are just some beings that I’m very attracted to, and I find that with her. Just the way that she is, I want to help her so much. It’s like, when you see a little kid or a cute dog and you think, ‘Oh, my God, I want to take care of you,’ and you have an immediate affinity for them. I just want to take care of that girl. I love acting with her. It’s just a beautiful thing because she plays. If you put something out there, she’s right there, and she’ll match whatever you’ve got. She’s terrific.”

"I really like Kristen and she's just wonderful. She's the kind of girl I would be attracted to, like the Mrs."

"You know, I love doing scenes with Kristen, so it's fun. She's just really a remarkable individual and you wouldn't believe how she lights up a set. And particularly me, I can't believe it sometimes; her sense of humor. It's so funny. And I'm just like, "Does anybody else see this?" She's just a ball of magic, really."

"It’s always great to play, as you call it, the snarky role with her because she’s so wonderful an actress, it’s just so fun. It’s like a game, you know, who can one up each other. So I like that."

"It’s also great when a moment of real honesty hits you during a scene. All of a sudden you’re like holy ****, you're really seeing something about that person that is so real and I love that, especially with Kristen because she responds so well to everything. Any time you make a little change, she changes, and you’re like man, that’s incredible. When you get involved in a real emotional scene, it hits her and then it hits you, and you can’t help but feel like man, I’m there, I’m doing this and it’s so great. And it’s like that with her for all kinds of different scenes. It doesn’t really matter the genre, she’s always just on, and it’s so great as an actor to have that."

"She's awesome. I haven't seen a young actress around that does what she does. She comes from a theater background, and I think she understands the character really well. One of the qualities I like most about her is that when you're on your game, she steps up and is even that much better. She's right there with you - it's amazing."

Kristen Bell

On Logan & Veronica:

"I think that Logan and Veronica have such a chemistry together that it's rarely going to fall in the category of normal. It's always going to be hate or extreme love and passion."

"So many people have fallen in love with that relationship because they really are star-crossed lovers. They really are not meant to be together, yet in another world, meant to be together."

"The characters they developed have a very charismatic relationship, and I know the fans love them together."

"I honestly think Logan and Veronica are star-crossed, and you can't explain why they keep going back to each other regardless of the mistakes each have made. I think it will always be a tug between the two of them, no matter who they are dating."

"When you're in love with somebody, you can't always draw the line."

"I love the Logan/Veronica relationship, because it provides for a lot of entertainment and a lot of drama."

On Jason:

"I love watching Jason act because he's such a good actor, and there's so much coming up for him in the series. And as an actor, I've learned a lot from him because I've just been able to watch him, and he's so intense."

"Jason Dohring has some James Dean qualities. He blinks or has a little wry smile, and the ladies go nuts."

"Jason is so likable."

"I love working with Jason because he's such a great actor."

"I love Jason!"

(from a report by cordy-jay when giving her a Sway poster) "She was thrilled. She gasped and said it was so cool. She asked what OMGSway was, and we explained that OMG = Oh my god, and that sway was the song they danced to. Then, she said that Jason (Dohring!) would love it. So, we told her we got it from CafePress and she said she'd tell him all about it. Samantha then said that she loved Logan, so she should defineitely tell Jason about it. This made Kristen laugh. She wrote on it, 'Logan and Veronica Forever!'"

Rob Thomas

On Logan & Veronica:

"I think there is an element of destiny to their relationship."

"We will be spending more time on Veronica's love life than we have in the past, due in large part to how much we enjoy seeing Jason and Kristen on screen together."

"I've said before that I want the Logan/Veronica relationship to be a roller coaster ride; I want it to feel like the relationship of somebody you fell in love with in high school."

"I have as much or more fun writing them when they're at odds with each other as I do when they're snuggly."

"Even if the destiny of the show is that in episode 100 they ride off into the sunset together -- which I'm not saying it is! But it certainly is one of the possibilities, and if they continue to have the kind of chemistry I generally think that they have on screen, together or not, that could be the ending of the show -- I want it to be a rocky ride. I think that's what's fun, dramatically."

"In my mind, is there a epic journey for these two characters? Do I feel, personally, that they have a future in store? Yes, unless something comes along.. that isn't set in stone, but I recognize, watching the two of them on screen, that they're good together, and they are certainly written in a way in which, if they could ever solve their dilemmas and their hang-ups, you could see them being an amazing couple."

Colorbars by SunnyGeri

Please, do NOT talk about spoilers or your reactions to them. Thank you!

Need to start a new thread? Just press quote on the first post and copy/paste it onto the new thread. Then do the same for the second one.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Addicted Fan

So, here's the basic information about it. This was written by Moonie, who ran this for the last two years, but who no longer mods the board.

2007 LoVe Awards

On Saturdays, a new category will be submitted. Throughout the weekend, everyone can nominate their selection. You have to say what the thing is AND why it should be on the list. This isn't going to be about the discussion of the points, merely nominating them (not that you can't talk about other stuff ). On Sunday night, I'll compile the list of nominees, split them evenly to cover the weekdays.

Then from Monday to Friday, we will discuss the nominees by the groupings they've been split into. At this time, in order to make the selection for the five finalists fair, you need to rate each of the nominees, anywhere from 1 to 5. Then on Saturday, after tabulating all the ratings, I'll narrow the list down to five finalists.

Then over Saturday and Sunday, you guys come here and cast your votes That category will then be locked, the winner revealed along with all the other winners at the end of the summer. The whole process repeats itself each week, the voting on one category and the nominating for the next happening on the same days (see the schedule).

Last year, the 'ceremony' got cut down a lot on account of confusion, so hopefully this year that will be different

To review:
Weekend: Category presented. Nominations (Note: You are only allowed TWO nominations per category).
Monday: Discussion and rating on the first grouping.
Tuesday: Discussion and rating on the second grouping.
Wednesday: (well you get the idea)
Weekend: Voting (in a poll at LoVe Awards).

ALSO! I know you guys don't all have LJs, but you'll still be able to vote if that's the case. You'll be anonymous is all. Once you have voted, just leave a comment in the polling entry saying your name and that you voted

All of the polls will be done at LoVe Awards, and if you can't vote each weekend, just send me a PM with your vote. During the weekly discussion, I'd ask that each of you rate the discussants from 1 to 5. I'll come back and average those numbers before we vote on the top five in each category.

Here are the categories we'll be using this year:

BRANCH A: THE ACTIONS
1. Best Look
Noms: July 7-8 Disc./Rat.: July 9-13 . Vote: July 14-15.

2. Best Kiss
Noms: July 14-15. Disc./Rat.: July 16-20 . Vote: July 21-22.

3. Best non-love LoVe scene
Noms: July 21-22. Disc./Rat.: July 23-27. Vote: July 28-29.

4. Best love LoVe scene
Noms: July 28-29. Disc./Rat.: July 30-Aug 3. Vote: Aug 4-5.

5. Best LoVe episode
Noms: Aug 4-5. Disc./Rat.: Aug 6-10 Vote: Aug 11-12.

BRANCH B: THE WORDS
6. Best one-liner, Veronica TO Logan
Noms: Aug 11-12. Disc./Rat.: Aug 13-17. Vote: Aug 18-19.

7. Best one-liner, Logan TO Veronica
Noms: Aug 18-19. Disc./Rat.: Aug 20-24. Vote: Aug 25-26.

8. Best one-liner, ABOUT
Noms: Aug 25-26. Disc./Rat.: Aug 27-31. Vote: Sept 1-2.

9. Best exchange
Noms: Sept 1-2. Disc./Rat.: Sept 3-7. Vote: Sept 8-9.

10. Best banter exchange
Noms: Sept 8-9. Disc./Rat.: Aug. Sept 10-14. Vote: Sept 15-16.

BRANCH C: THE CREATIVE
11. Best LoVe song
Noms: Sept 15-16. Disc./Rat.: Sept 17-21. Vote: Sept 22-23.

12. Best LoVe avatar
Noms: Sept 22-23. Disc./Rat.: Sept 24-28. Vote: Sept 29-30.

13. Best LoVe wallpaper/fanart
Noms: Sept 29-30. Disc./Rat.: Oct 1-5. Vote: Oct. 6-7.

14. Best LoVe fanfiction
Noms: Oct. 6-7. Disc./Rat.: Oct. 8-12. Vote: Oct 13-14.

15. Best LoVe music video
Noms: Oct 13-14. Disc./Rat.: Oct 15-19. Vote: Oct 20-21.

If you have any questions about the awards, please ask.

The nominations, must be events from S3, and any of the creative types (fic, av, wp/art, vid) must include clips/caps from S3.

ROUND ONE STARTED SATURDAY!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Bonnie!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Bonnie! Looks good

Icon credit: Here
Old 07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just had a look on the LJ of that person who's doing the virtual S4, and the next episode is going to be posted tomorrow
Old 07-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the info, Kirsty. I've been meaning to read the first part so I'm glad you said that! *runs off to read*
Old 07-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, you haven't read yet? Well it's good you'll get the next part so soon, there's a bit of a cliffhanger!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Bonnie!

I'm excited to see the next chapter of S4 posted soon. That makes me so very happy.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn having work all day.. I'll have to wait til the evening to be able to read

It sounds like it's going to be good from the summary
Old 07-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

awesome fanfic S4, i'll have to go check it out.
thanks for the info about the awards and thanks for the new thread! beautiful.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for the ratings tomorrow.. I love the first three looks
Old 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Addicted Fan

oh, me too. i cant wait!!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the thread! Looks lovely as always!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

L/V =