Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

yes, RT said he would go on right after the show aired in the east coast of the US, this way he would see what they were thinking. Of course, that way he missed the west coast reaction!
one thing i remember him saying was how people reacted to episode 2x08 where Logan gets "tortured". posters said it was a good "filler" episode which astonished RT because he thought it was one of their best episodes!!! lol
anyways, personally LOVED that epsiode. its one of my faves for logan, because you start to see him taking on an active role in saving himself from what has happened..plotting against (then with) weevil...

JD's interview was with CouchBaron for twop
here it is:

Television Without Pity » Veronica Mars » The Jason Dohring Interview

Its interesting...esp because i think jason also talks about acting too which was cool, i liked reading it. as a GIGANTIC Logan fan that I am, I loved hearing about the formation process in the mind of the man who plays him...

there is also this archived TWOP board about JD, opinions about his acting and what they thought about him pre-LoVe days.... they call him/are talking about him being "short", that IMDB lies? and they go on to discuss it for quite a bit..
http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....s-hes-married/

but I really dont think he is...i think he is about average??!! like, 5'11...

im reading it all right now its actually really interesting... they get into talking about his acting styles and Logan as being all about "force" and how he shows this in his mannerisms...!! Check it out!

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 01-26-2014 at 03:55 AM
Old 01-26-2014, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for those links, . Definitely going to take a look later! I love reading in depth interviews and analyses too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma
one thing i remember him saying was how people reacted to episode 2x08 where Logan gets "tortured". posters said it was a good "filler" episode which astonished RT because he thought it was one of their best episodes!!! lol
anyways, personally LOVED that epsiode. its one of my faves for logan, because you start to see him taking on an active role in saving himself from what has happened..plotting against (then with) weevil...
I completely agree! I think that was actually the first episode where I thought: this show is just the best shows on television ever.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

i know! i was so bummed when I read that RT thought that because I didnt want him to think we DONT want to see more of that! cause we DO!

anyways, totally check out the link, i love analyzing Veronica Mars, and I LOVE how analytical the fans on TWOP always were.... I don't watch much TV usually, but VM was just so great

I was one of those fans who would look up every 2 years or so any movie news for VM since its cancellation...
Old 01-26-2014, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
i know! i was so bummed when I read that RT thought that because I didnt want him to think we DONT want to see more of that! cause we DO!
Word! That's exactly how I feel. I feel like sending Rob messages via Kickstarter all the time to express how much I love Veronica (and Logan!), but I guess he should focus on the movie rather than on my rambling.

I've also been Googling Veronica Mars every half year or so to see if there's any news. Last year was a dream come true.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina (View Post)

I've also been Googling Veronica Mars every half year or so to see if there's any news. Last year was a dream come true.
seriously! I had been googling it every 1-2 years or so, but last year, just around February, I watched VM for the first time since it was cancelled, and I loved it EVEN more than when it was airing!! But I was super bummed about the ending of the show (aka LoVe) so I just forgot about it with sadness and moved on...

then, In march, just randomly, the tv was on in the background, and I heard a news reporter mention "veronica Mars", the VM Kickstarter!!!

I was so happy, I donated!
shipper dreams do come true!

i recommend also the twop LoVe forum

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 01-26-2014 at 07:44 AM
Old 01-26-2014, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Latest & Greatest Movie News, Information and Reviews | Focus Film
Old 01-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Great interview- it's cute that he and Kristen and Ryan have gone on family vacations. And he has such a grasp on Logan, and a really lovely appreciation for the fans.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Jason.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

great interveiw!! so many little things about the movie in it! I liked to hear about their first meeting....he said something about it being...cold ? How exciting!! ooohhh the tension!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Awesome interview indeed!

Quote:
I don’t know how we attracted that kind of support for the show.
Sweet Jason, humble as always.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmidalaEmma (View Post)
great interveiw!! so many little things about the movie in it! I liked to hear about their first meeting....he said something about it being...cold ? How exciting!! ooohhh the tension!!!
Angsty

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

From the way he phrased it, I don't think he meant "cold" as an emotional state, but rather more along the lines of "Man, I went into that meeting cold". AKA sort of raw and unprepared, which I think applies to LoVe here in the sense that they haven't seen each other in so long.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Sabrina - I went to two mall events that the CW had organized (one in San Diego and one in Orange County with VM people), plus two other mall events done by American Eagle ones. I should go back and dig up the photos to show you.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
From the way he phrased it, I don't think he meant "cold" as an emotional state, but rather more along the lines of "Man, I went into that meeting cold". AKA sort of raw and unprepared, which I think applies to LoVe here in the sense that they haven't seen each other in so long.

huh, ive never heard the word "cold" used like that before...it is American slang? is it new?
what I thought he prob meant was that it was "chilly" a.k.a.; awkward... like, they didnt know what to say/do...not cold as in mean or unfeeling

Its also nice to read in the interview that they all went on holiday together!!!! that's so sweet!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
Sabrina - I went to two mall events that the CW had organized (one in San Diego and one in Orange County with VM people), plus two other mall events done by American Eagle ones. I should go back and dig up the photos to show you.
Oh I would love to see photos. Sounds like something I would definitely want to have attended!

Quote:
huh, ive never heard the word "cold" used like that before...it is American slang? is it new?
English isn't my native language so what do I know, but the phrase does sound familiar. It's it like "I quit drugs cold turkey" Only without the turkey.

Quote:
Its also nice to read in the interview that they all went on holiday together!!!! that's so sweet!!!
Right?? I was thinking you'd be happy to read that. Proof that they really do get along and even like to hang out together in their free time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread